As with all Bell & Ross watches, the BR MINUTEUR TOURBILLON PINK GOLD is first and foremost a measuring tool, focusing on readability, functionality, accuracy and reliability. Stemming from a desire to fit a timer function with independent reading to a highprecision mechanism, it incorporates four watchmaking complications around a main timepiece. The combination of functionality and mechanical sophistication is what makes this watch unique. With the BR MINUTEUR TOURBILLON PINK GOLD, Bell & Ross has gone far beyond the traditional know-how of fine watchmaking to create the instrument of the future.
Clearly visible in its carriage positioned at 6 o’clock on the main timepiece, the tourbillon is the be-all and end-all of precision. The role of the most noble watchmaking complications is the accurate compensation of measuring differences caused by gravity in the vertical position. The simplicity of the time display controlled by the tourbillon cannot overshadow the sophistication of the mechanism which is apparent through the glass. Utilising the crème of Swiss watchmaking, the BR MINUTEUR TOURBILLON PINK GOLD has taken the consolidated skills of in-house engineers to meet the challenge of mechanical laws.
The watch incorporates a chronograph timer, which measures time lapses in hours and minutes from a chosen moment. The accompanying flyback function is a system for quickly resetting to zero and instantly relaunching.
This optimises reactivity and accuracy when several time intervals have to be measured in succession. This large counter displays two graduations for reading on two timescales.
- The external indexing provides traditional reading of sixty graduations symbolising the minutes.
- Inside, ten sectors delimit the tenths of hours. This segmentation proves extremely advantageous for some professionals who calculate the length of their assignments in decimal mode. In addition to the time information, two small counters are located at the intersection between the main timepiece and the Timer Flyback.
- At the top, a power reserve indicator gives the remaining operating time on a scale of three days.
- At the bottom, an independent small second shows at a glance that the watch is working correctly.
With the BR MINUTEUR TOURBILLO N PINK GOLD, Bell & Ross has succeeded in combining the ultimate precision of watchmaking with the beauty of a gold trimmed watch. The result is a landmark watch for lovers of rare, high performing instruments.
BR MINUTEUR TOURBILLON. Mechanical movement with manual winding. 3 day power reserve. Pink gold anodized aluminium bridges
hours, minutes. Small second counter. Minuteur with flyback* function (2 graduations 60 minutes and 10/10th of hours). 3-day power reserve indicator.
* flyback function: back to zero and fast boosting of the measure of time
Case, dial and strap
Case: XXL diameter 44mm x 50mm. Satin-polished pink gold. Screw-in crown
Dial: black. Hands and indexes covered with photoluminescent coating to optimize night reading.
Glass: Anti-reflection sapphire crystal. (Top and back).
Strap: rubber or alligator