At its annual Salon in 2010, BOVET 1822 caused a sensation by unveiling the Amadeo® convertible case concept. This ingenious system enables a BOVET timepiece to be transformed from a wristwatch to a pocket watch, a pendant watch, a reversed timepiece or a desk clock without the use of a single tool. The event was made even more memorable by the owner Pascal Raffy’s remarkable feat of equipping the entire Fleurier collection with this new case as soon as it was launched.
Five years later, the Amadeo® system still captivates collectors around the world with its unique modularity and unwavering reliability. In addition, it has offered complete legitimacy to the tourbillon regulated movements produced by the BOVET Manufacture, DIMIER 1738. The tourbillon was invented more than 250 years ago, in the pocket watch era, to counteract the effects of gravity on the operation of a timepiece worn exclusively in a vertical position, which is the case with both pocket watches and desk clocks.
Récital 12 and the Récital 15, this new caliber was destined for great things as its name suggests.
Notably it equips and drives numerous complications as well as the majority of BOVET’s timepieces in the long term, with the obvious exception of those in the Grandes Complications collection. This caliber also stood out for its dual display of hours and minutes on both sides of the movement, together with a seconds carriage. Patent no. 0169-DI-CH relating to the aforementioned specialty refers to the double co-axial seconds display mechanism, which indicates the seconds on both sides of the movement whilst sharing the same axis but with opposite directions of rotation. The true legitimacy of this feat emerges when it is coupled with a convertible Amadeo®case.
This year, the Virtuoso II caliber will be extended to all Amadeo®Fleurier Complications collections, offering an array of innovations that will give complete coherence to the BOVET collections. The refined and elegant Monsieur BOVET is thus destined to become a new archetype that is at once classic and timeless. Equipped with this new caliber, the timepieces in this collection will reflect the quintessence of the synergies offered by the Amadeo® system, offering the reversibility of a wristwatch as well as pocket watch and desk clock functions.
Monsieur BOVET will therefore be driven by a hand-wound mechanical movement. Particular attention has been paid to the energy performance of this Virtuoso II caliber, which features a seven-day power reserve and a frequency of 21,600 vph generated by a single barrel. The first of Monsieur BOVET’s faces invites the wearer to marvel at the specific structure and technicality of the Virtuoso II caliber.
An off-centered dial at 12 o’clock houses the hour and minute hands, and allows the movement’s atypical structure to be admired. The various bridges present voluptuous shapes and the concentric curves of the dial that they seem to embrace. Once again, balance and symmetry bring graceful harmony to the whole timepiece. The seconds carriage at 6 o’clock completes the vertical axis with a triple hand, each arm of which successively traces 120° of the scale on its dial. The center wheel and its bridge, visible at 4 o’clock, mirror the balance spring and balance cock, while the power reserve indicator is nestled at 10 o’clock.
The second of Monsieur BOVET’s faces epitomizes pure, timeless classicism. A sumptuous lacquered dial covers the entire surface, leaving just enough space for the seconds carriage, which offers a glimpse of its precise mechanical choreography.
By incorporating the Virtuoso II caliber into his Fleurier collections, Pascal Raffy provides two of the noblest expressions of time to each of the timepieces. With its seven-day power reserve and perfectly balanced presentation of features, Monsieur BOVET heralds the future of the Amadeo® Fleurier Complications collection and of ultra-specific, decidedly useful functions. With this new timepiece and manufactured caliber, BOVET once again confirms its unique identity by offering a classic, functional and timeless timepiece to satisfy even the most demanding of collectors.
Model: Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed hand-fitting and double co-axial seconds
Type: Amadeo® convertible
Thickness (With Glasses): 12.35mm
Thickness (Without Glasses): 9.25mm
Gold Weight: 69.61gr (red gold) / 72.11gr (white gold)
Case Materia: 18K red or white gold
Water Resistance: 30m
Calibre Virtuoso II à spécialités horlogères DIMIER 1738 - 13BM08AI
Diameter: 13 ¾’’’
Power reserve: 7 days
Black or white polished lacquered with Roman applied numerals
Hours, minutes, sub-seconds(patented co-axial seconds), reversed hand fitting (hours, minutes and seconds), power reserve indicator
Full skin alligator
Buckle 18K red or white gold ardillon
Chain Rhodium-plated silver chain
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- ► 2016 (1506)
- Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic
- OMEGA inaugurates its new boutique in Pune, India
- DeLaneau sharpens focus on exclusivity and appoint...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier Braveheart® Tourbillon
- ROMAIN VOLLET Motor Skull
- MB&F HM3 MEGAWIND Final Edition
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. REMADE IN SWITZERLA...
- Ollivier Savéo Watches - Introduction
- Bremont Jaguar MKI & MKII
- Fabergé unveils Pearl Egg, an extraordinary, one-o...
- Laurent Dordet appointed CEO of La Montre Hermès
- Dresden based company Post Modern unveils a specia...
- Arnold & Son DSTB (Instrument Collection), New Ref...
- Dewitt Academia Grand Tourbillon
- Dewitt Twenty-8-Eight Double Time GMT2 Poetic
- Junghans Meister Collection (New Versions)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 18K Pink Gold Edition with G...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Black Ceramic & Big Bang...
- Van der Bauwede VDB Legend T. Crown Tourbillon
- ZAUNICK - Unique Handmade Cufflinks & Accessories
- Charriol Gran Celtica™ SuperSportS
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Aviation Type ALPA-S
- SAINT HONORE - The “Tour Eiffel” Timepiece
- Glashütte Original - New versions of the PanoMatic...
- Glashütte Original PanoReserve (New versions: Red ...
- OMEGA inaugurates its newest flagship store in Tai...
- Epos Emotion 3390 24H
- Thomas Mercer Becomes the Official Timekeeper of t...
- Melbourne Watch Company - The "Avalon"
- A. Lange & Söhne celebrates Ferdinand Adolph Lange...
- A. Lange & Söhne - The 1815 “200th Anniversary F. ...
- Gallet Announces Online Crowd Funding Campaign to ...
- Baume & Mercier Promesse 10199
- Seculus Ambassador Collection
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Power of Love
- GoS Nordic Seasons Gold with new damascus steel ca...
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity (New Limited E...
- Aerowatch Renaissance Orange Tornado
- Piaget Mediterranean Garden
- Arnold & Son Royal Collection - HM Goats Limited E...
- Jaquet Droz Sunstone Collection (Petite Heure Minu...
- Bergstern Sports Chronograph
- Oris Thelonious Monk Limited Edition Watch
- Calvin Klein alliance
- Christophe Claret expands into Malaysia and exhibi...
- Christophe Claret Aventicum
- Breitling Chronoliner
- Hamilton Chrono Worldtimer Quartz
- Albert Riele Premiere Chronograph
- Kerbedanz Celtic Dog Limited Edition
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ScubaTec Rose Gold
- Rado HyperChrome Plasma Diamonds Limited Edition
- BOVET - Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed ...
- Patek Philippe Launches Online ‘Global Generations...
- Audemars Piguet Official Sponsor and Time Keeper f...
- Hysek Abyss Tenth Anniversary Collection
- The Supermodel Bar Refaeli Becomes the New Brand A...
- Techné Dual-Time Swiss Concept Aviator Watch
- Ulysse Nardin Vivaldi
- Lebois & Co Avantgarde Date
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Mk II
- CLERC Hydroscaph Collection - A New Breed of Swiss...
- Watch in Focus – Omega Speedmaster
- Auguste Reymond Cotton Club Moonphase
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro GMT ½ Hour
- Voutilainen GMR Limited Edition
- Enicar Hyperion CH337 Chronometer
- DIMIER by BOVET - The Récital 17 (Triple time zone...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette Glasnost G1
- Burberry - The Britain Icon Check Collection
- Louis Erard Excellence Regulator
- Blancpain supports the Ocean Innovation Challenge
- POP PILOT® - Uniquely Colour-Calibrated Timepieces...
- Harry Winston Midnight Feathers Automatic 42mm
- Bentley Bourbon Power Reserve
- Bentley Veneur Club Sport
- Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic 1/100
- Cover CoA10 Watchmaker Limited Edition
- Swiss Artist, Robin Meier, Selected to Present the...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of it...
- Richard Mille ‘Open Link’
- A. Lange & Söhne opens its boutique in Miami
- De Bethune DB28 GS
- BUBEN&ZORWEG pops up at Harrods, London
- Rado HyperChrome Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter
- BOVET Château de Môtiers - Flower of Life
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Chronograph Big Date
- RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II Collection
- Breitling Colt 36 Collection
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Limited Edition wi...
- Perrelet Turbine Skeleton
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Precious White
- Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier (Ref. 161896-5003)
- Burberry the Britain S/S15 Runway – The Birds and ...
- HYT SKULL
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose Gold with Openwork Sk...
- OMEGA Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Lim...
- Arnold & Son signs global partnership with Northro...
- ▼ February 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)