The Fleurier Quality Foundation label is undoubtedly the most demanding of all watch certifications. It combines the COSC, Chronofiable and Fleuritest trials. The latest Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier chronometer perfectly embodies the essence of Haute Horlogerie according to Chopard.
L.U.C movements, entirely developed, crafted and assembled at Chopard Manufacture in Fleurier since 1996, represent the quintessence of Haute Horlogerie, cultivated in harmony with the spirit of the brand founder, Louis-Ulysse Chopard. Chopard has already submitted on three separate occasions one of these models to the Fleurier Quality Foundation tests – an independent certification reputed to be extremely difficult to obtain. After the L.U.C Qualité Fleurier model in 2005, the L.U.C Tech Quaité Fleurier in 2009, and the L.U.C Triple Certification Tourbillon 2011, Chopard once again unveils a new L.U.C Qualité Fleurier model bearing the prestigious label. Chopard is thus the brand that has certified the most watches since the creation of the certification which is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
The Fleurier Quality Foundation label is a particularly demanding guarantee of global quality granted by the Foundation bearing the same name: an independent certification body created in 2001. Chopard is one of the founding brands alongside several partners in the Val-de-Travers, the Jura region of which Fleurier is the epicentre. It is open to all Swiss and European watch brands, and operates under the control of a Technical Committee and the Foundation Council. The independence – and thus the objectivity – of these two bodies is guaranteed by the support of Swiss public authorities, including the Swiss Federal Government itself.
The certification process involves a series of steps aimed at guaranteeing not only the watch movement’s precision, but also its reliability, its durability and the quality of its aesthetic finishing. After the movement itself, the finished watch is also tested in simulated wearing conditions – hence the notion of global quality.
The precision of each movement is tested by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), which delivers the much sought-after “chronometer” title. The tests last two weeks, during which the movement is put through its paces in five positions and at three different temperatures. The average variation in rate must fall within the tolerance range of -4/+6 seconds per day. Reliability is tested by the Chronofiable procedure conducted on a representative selection of finished watches. The latter are subjected to tests relating to ageing, heat, cold and damp, as well as to repeated pushing and pulling on the winding stem, to magnetic fields as well as to recurrent impacts of varying intensity. This test lasts three weeks. Finally, the smooth operation of the finished watch undergoes a further control by the Fleuritest machine specially developed by the Fleurier Quality Foundation to provide the most faithful possible simulation of wear on the wrist over a 24-hour cycle. The variation in rate must remain within 0 to +5 seconds for the entire 24-hour cycle.
Further to these stringent conditions relating to the operation of the cased-up movement, the Fleurier Quality Foundation label stipulates that the entire watch, including movement and exterior components, must be made in Switzerland. It also includes aesthetic quality criteria governing the whole watch and encompassing both visible and hidden areas, however small.
For the fourth time in its history, Chopard Manufacture is presenting a model bearing the Fleurier Quality Foundation label. To underscore the exceptional technical qualities of this authentic precision instrument, the dial of the new L.U.C Fleurier Quality Foundation reveals refined and original technical details that are focused on readability: the sunburst satin-brushed ruthenium base strikes a remarkable contrast with its gilded hands featuring a unique design among L.U.C ranges. The slender applied gilded baton-shaped hour-markers are surrounded by a minute track.
The 39 mm-diameter, 18 carat rose gold case with a transparent back houses the L.U.C Calibre 96.09-L, featuring Chopard’s exclusive “Twin” technology stacked barrels ensuring an approximately 65-hour power reserve. Beating at the rhythm of 28,800 vibrations per hour, it drives the hour and minute hands as well as small seconds at 6 o’clock. The new L.U.C Qualité Fleurier model is fitted with a black alligator leather strap. A token of the omnipresent insistence on quality which is characteristic of Chopard Manufacture, it is lined with brown alligator leather instead of the traditional lighter and more delicate natural leathers. The watch is thus beautifully finished on both sides, including its case, movement and lugs.
Model: L.U.C Qualité Fleurier
Case in 18-carat rose gold
Total diameter: 39 mm
Thickness: 8.92 mm
Water resistance: 30 metres
18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo
Glare proofed sapphire crystal
Self-winding L.U.C 96.09-L
Diameter: 27.40 mm
Thickness: 3.30 mm
Number of jewels: 29
Frequency: 28,800 vph
Power reserve: 65 hours
Two stacked barrels, L.U.C “Twin” technology
“Fleurier Quality Foundation” (FQF) certification
Dial and hands
Sunburst satin-brushed ruthenium dial
FQF logo at 12 o’clock
Gilded hour, minute and small seconds hands
Functions and displays
Hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock
Strap and buckle
Hand-sewn black alligator leather strap with brown alligator leather lining
18ct rose gold pin buckle
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
This year, Speake-Marin unveils the new Brown Serpent Calendar featuring a curved gold guilded-steel date hand and multi-layered, satin-fini...
Richard Mille presents the world’s lightest split-seconds tourbillon chronograph: the RM 50-03 McLAREN F1. This innovative technical masterp...
- ► 2016 (1563)
- Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic
- OMEGA inaugurates its new boutique in Pune, India
- DeLaneau sharpens focus on exclusivity and appoint...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier Braveheart® Tourbillon
- ROMAIN VOLLET Motor Skull
- MB&F HM3 MEGAWIND Final Edition
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. REMADE IN SWITZERLA...
- Ollivier Savéo Watches - Introduction
- Bremont Jaguar MKI & MKII
- Fabergé unveils Pearl Egg, an extraordinary, one-o...
- Laurent Dordet appointed CEO of La Montre Hermès
- Dresden based company Post Modern unveils a specia...
- Arnold & Son DSTB (Instrument Collection), New Ref...
- Dewitt Academia Grand Tourbillon
- Dewitt Twenty-8-Eight Double Time GMT2 Poetic
- Junghans Meister Collection (New Versions)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 18K Pink Gold Edition with G...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Black Ceramic & Big Bang...
- Van der Bauwede VDB Legend T. Crown Tourbillon
- ZAUNICK - Unique Handmade Cufflinks & Accessories
- Charriol Gran Celtica™ SuperSportS
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Aviation Type ALPA-S
- SAINT HONORE - The “Tour Eiffel” Timepiece
- Glashütte Original - New versions of the PanoMatic...
- Glashütte Original PanoReserve (New versions: Red ...
- OMEGA inaugurates its newest flagship store in Tai...
- Epos Emotion 3390 24H
- Thomas Mercer Becomes the Official Timekeeper of t...
- Melbourne Watch Company - The "Avalon"
- A. Lange & Söhne celebrates Ferdinand Adolph Lange...
- A. Lange & Söhne - The 1815 “200th Anniversary F. ...
- Gallet Announces Online Crowd Funding Campaign to ...
- Baume & Mercier Promesse 10199
- Seculus Ambassador Collection
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Power of Love
- GoS Nordic Seasons Gold with new damascus steel ca...
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity (New Limited E...
- Aerowatch Renaissance Orange Tornado
- Piaget Mediterranean Garden
- Arnold & Son Royal Collection - HM Goats Limited E...
- Jaquet Droz Sunstone Collection (Petite Heure Minu...
- Bergstern Sports Chronograph
- Oris Thelonious Monk Limited Edition Watch
- Calvin Klein alliance
- Christophe Claret expands into Malaysia and exhibi...
- Christophe Claret Aventicum
- Breitling Chronoliner
- Hamilton Chrono Worldtimer Quartz
- Albert Riele Premiere Chronograph
- Kerbedanz Celtic Dog Limited Edition
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ScubaTec Rose Gold
- Rado HyperChrome Plasma Diamonds Limited Edition
- BOVET - Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed ...
- Patek Philippe Launches Online ‘Global Generations...
- Audemars Piguet Official Sponsor and Time Keeper f...
- Hysek Abyss Tenth Anniversary Collection
- The Supermodel Bar Refaeli Becomes the New Brand A...
- Techné Dual-Time Swiss Concept Aviator Watch
- Ulysse Nardin Vivaldi
- Lebois & Co Avantgarde Date
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Mk II
- CLERC Hydroscaph Collection - A New Breed of Swiss...
- Watch in Focus – Omega Speedmaster
- Auguste Reymond Cotton Club Moonphase
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro GMT ½ Hour
- Voutilainen GMR Limited Edition
- Enicar Hyperion CH337 Chronometer
- DIMIER by BOVET - The Récital 17 (Triple time zone...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette Glasnost G1
- Burberry - The Britain Icon Check Collection
- Louis Erard Excellence Regulator
- Blancpain supports the Ocean Innovation Challenge
- POP PILOT® - Uniquely Colour-Calibrated Timepieces...
- Harry Winston Midnight Feathers Automatic 42mm
- Bentley Bourbon Power Reserve
- Bentley Veneur Club Sport
- Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic 1/100
- Cover CoA10 Watchmaker Limited Edition
- Swiss Artist, Robin Meier, Selected to Present the...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of it...
- Richard Mille ‘Open Link’
- A. Lange & Söhne opens its boutique in Miami
- De Bethune DB28 GS
- BUBEN&ZORWEG pops up at Harrods, London
- Rado HyperChrome Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter
- BOVET Château de Môtiers - Flower of Life
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Chronograph Big Date
- RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II Collection
- Breitling Colt 36 Collection
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Limited Edition wi...
- Perrelet Turbine Skeleton
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Precious White
- Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier (Ref. 161896-5003)
- Burberry the Britain S/S15 Runway – The Birds and ...
- HYT SKULL
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose Gold with Openwork Sk...
- OMEGA Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Lim...
- Arnold & Son signs global partnership with Northro...
- ▼ February 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)