Founded in 1466, Gallet is the world’s oldest Swiss watch making house. Since its establishment, the Geneva based brand is synonymous with excellence and innovation in professional, military, sports, and aviation timekeeping. Now, after 500 years of timekeeping excellence, the brand announces a crowd funding campaign to introduce the latest and most technologically advanced version of the Gallet Flight Officer Chronograph, one of the most iconic and historic aviation timepieces. This campaign will also support the prestigious National Watch and Clock Museum, one of the world’s most respected public institutions.
The brand has recently launched a promotional campaign to raise a minimum of $100,000 at Fundable, a popular online crowd funding platform. Through this crowd funding campaign, the company is offering a signed and numbered limited collector series of the very first examples of the newest Flight Officer Chronograph.
The Gallet Flight Officer Chronograph was originally commissioned in 1939 by then-Senator Harry S Truman. First issued to pilots of the United States Army Air Forces during World War II, the Gallet Flight Officer quickly became the most renowned military aviation timepiece of the 20th century. After the war, the watch became a favorite accessory for civilian pilots, yachtsmen, and race car drivers due to the timepiece's accurate time recording and multiple time zone features. An indispensable aviation timing and navigation device, the original 1939 Flight Officer was the world's first wristwatch capable of calculating the current time during flights across multiple time zones. It was also the first wrist-worn timepiece with a rotating bezel, and one of the first chronograph watches protected within a water-resistant case.
The Truman Edition Flight Officer - Containing all of the same advanced features of the 75th Anniversary version, this special collectors version of the first 1000 signed and numbered examples, is reserved exclusively to Fundable backers and Museum Association members. Provided at $8700 (40% off the $14,500 retail price), proceeds of the sale will be used to benefit America's National Watch and Clock Museum and to begin production of the 75th Anniversary Edition Flight Officer.
With the new 75th Anniversary Edition Flight Officer chronograph, Gallet has revived the same impeccable craftsmanship that made the original Flight Officer a true legend, and combined it with state-of-the-art new technology that will be setting an industry standard for years to come.
Gallet has partnered with the high end movement manufacture Lunesa to develop a state of the art movement for the new edition of timepieces. The state of the art Lunesa automatic calibre V1925 is the power house of both 75th Anniversary Edition Flight Officer and the Truman Edition Flight Officer. These Gallet timepieces are the very first releases to feature this revolutionary and highly accurate automatic chronograph movement that features a unique vertical clutching system.
Models: 75th Anniversary Edition Flight Officer and the Truman Edition Flight Officer
Lunesa automatic calibre V1925, Jewels: 39
42mm diameter stainless steel case w/ enhanced “combat ready” durability
Water resistance to depth of 100 meters (330 feet)
Rotating outer cities dial (face) for setting the wearer’s home time-zone
Calculation of the time across all 24 world time zones
Rotating unidirectional time zone bezel in both 12 and 24 hour formats
Telemetry index for calculating the relative distance of visual occurrences
Tachometry index for calculating the relative speed of moving objects
Ability to record elapsed time from 1/5th of a second to 12 full hours
Highly efficient automatic self-winding system
Official Swiss Government (C.O.S.C.) certified chronometer accuracy
Water resistant screw-lock winding crown and chronograph buttons
5 year full-service warranty
Visit the following link for more info on the Gallet crowd funding campaign:-
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic
- OMEGA inaugurates its new boutique in Pune, India
- DeLaneau sharpens focus on exclusivity and appoint...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier Braveheart® Tourbillon
- ROMAIN VOLLET Motor Skull
- MB&F HM3 MEGAWIND Final Edition
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. REMADE IN SWITZERLA...
- Ollivier Savéo Watches - Introduction
- Bremont Jaguar MKI & MKII
- Fabergé unveils Pearl Egg, an extraordinary, one-o...
- Laurent Dordet appointed CEO of La Montre Hermès
- Dresden based company Post Modern unveils a specia...
- Arnold & Son DSTB (Instrument Collection), New Ref...
- Dewitt Academia Grand Tourbillon
- Dewitt Twenty-8-Eight Double Time GMT2 Poetic
- Junghans Meister Collection (New Versions)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 18K Pink Gold Edition with G...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Black Ceramic & Big Bang...
- Van der Bauwede VDB Legend T. Crown Tourbillon
- ZAUNICK - Unique Handmade Cufflinks & Accessories
- Charriol Gran Celtica™ SuperSportS
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Aviation Type ALPA-S
- SAINT HONORE - The “Tour Eiffel” Timepiece
- Glashütte Original - New versions of the PanoMatic...
- Glashütte Original PanoReserve (New versions: Red ...
- OMEGA inaugurates its newest flagship store in Tai...
- Epos Emotion 3390 24H
- Thomas Mercer Becomes the Official Timekeeper of t...
- Melbourne Watch Company - The "Avalon"
- A. Lange & Söhne celebrates Ferdinand Adolph Lange...
- A. Lange & Söhne - The 1815 “200th Anniversary F. ...
- Gallet Announces Online Crowd Funding Campaign to ...
- Baume & Mercier Promesse 10199
- Seculus Ambassador Collection
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Power of Love
- GoS Nordic Seasons Gold with new damascus steel ca...
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity (New Limited E...
- Aerowatch Renaissance Orange Tornado
- Piaget Mediterranean Garden
- Arnold & Son Royal Collection - HM Goats Limited E...
- Jaquet Droz Sunstone Collection (Petite Heure Minu...
- Bergstern Sports Chronograph
- Oris Thelonious Monk Limited Edition Watch
- Calvin Klein alliance
- Christophe Claret expands into Malaysia and exhibi...
- Christophe Claret Aventicum
- Breitling Chronoliner
- Hamilton Chrono Worldtimer Quartz
- Albert Riele Premiere Chronograph
- Kerbedanz Celtic Dog Limited Edition
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ScubaTec Rose Gold
- Rado HyperChrome Plasma Diamonds Limited Edition
- BOVET - Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed ...
- Patek Philippe Launches Online ‘Global Generations...
- Audemars Piguet Official Sponsor and Time Keeper f...
- Hysek Abyss Tenth Anniversary Collection
- The Supermodel Bar Refaeli Becomes the New Brand A...
- Techné Dual-Time Swiss Concept Aviator Watch
- Ulysse Nardin Vivaldi
- Lebois & Co Avantgarde Date
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Mk II
- CLERC Hydroscaph Collection - A New Breed of Swiss...
- Watch in Focus – Omega Speedmaster
- Auguste Reymond Cotton Club Moonphase
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro GMT ½ Hour
- Voutilainen GMR Limited Edition
- Enicar Hyperion CH337 Chronometer
- DIMIER by BOVET - The Récital 17 (Triple time zone...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette Glasnost G1
- Burberry - The Britain Icon Check Collection
- Louis Erard Excellence Regulator
- Blancpain supports the Ocean Innovation Challenge
- POP PILOT® - Uniquely Colour-Calibrated Timepieces...
- Harry Winston Midnight Feathers Automatic 42mm
- Bentley Bourbon Power Reserve
- Bentley Veneur Club Sport
- Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic 1/100
- Cover CoA10 Watchmaker Limited Edition
- Swiss Artist, Robin Meier, Selected to Present the...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of it...
- Richard Mille ‘Open Link’
- A. Lange & Söhne opens its boutique in Miami
- De Bethune DB28 GS
- BUBEN&ZORWEG pops up at Harrods, London
- Rado HyperChrome Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter
- BOVET Château de Môtiers - Flower of Life
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Chronograph Big Date
- RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II Collection
- Breitling Colt 36 Collection
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Limited Edition wi...
- Perrelet Turbine Skeleton
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Precious White
- Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier (Ref. 161896-5003)
- Burberry the Britain S/S15 Runway – The Birds and ...
- HYT SKULL
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose Gold with Openwork Sk...
- OMEGA Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Lim...
- Arnold & Son signs global partnership with Northro...
- ▼ February 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)