A new chronograph joins the line of Master Compressor Extreme LAB watches, a collection distinguished by precise and reliable time measurement. The Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2 embodies a combination of scientific materials, cutting-edge materials and horological research. Better still, the master artisans of Jaeger-LeCoultre have breathed into it their passion for pushing ever further the limits of the world around us.
The Manufacture systematically applies a fundamental principle to all its creations: however complex a watch, it makes no compromises when it comes to functionality and pragmatism. This new model thus combines extremely sophisticated ergonomics with the precision and reliability that are a must at Jaeger-LeCoultre. The Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2 features a crown integrated function selector that handles especially smoothly, a patented digital counter to indicate the chronograph jumping seconds, a manual stop seconds device, a radial power-reserve indication and a GMT function enabling at-a-glance readings. Its movement is housed in a sturdy case made of a light and resistant TiVan15 titanium alloy. It is fitted with a high-tech ultra scratch resistant ceramic bezel. Push pieces specially designed to ensure optimal user friendless provide a broad surface coated with rubber grooves and serve as a crown guard. A fast strap-change system is incorporated into the caseback and the new double pin buckle provides unprecedented length adjustment ensuring a perfect fit on the wrist.
The function selector
Activated by means of a crown-integrated push piece, the function selector serves to adjust all functions without involving the inevitably delicate operation of pulling out the crown. Once the function is selected, the adjustment can be made by simply turning the crown. When the latter is in “neutral” position, the crown serves to wind the barrels. One press takes the user to the position required to adjust the dual time-zone display as well as the date. Another press switches the crown to main time-zone adjustment mode. And a final press brings the system back to its initial position. This system does away with the need to pull out the crown and thus ensures peerless water resistance without needing to resort to the traditional compression key.
Stop seconds device
In the time-setting position, the seconds hand continues running and the precision of the watch rating is thus not impaired. To ensure perfect synchronisation with a time signal, the user simply operates the slide located on the left side of the case. Simultaneously sliding and pressing it stops the seconds hand, which will continue running again when the slide is released. This handling in two phases – sliding and pressing – serves to avoid any accidental handling.
The functions of a wristwatch depend on the force transmitted to the movement. The barrel of the Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2 guarantees a constant supply of energy for 60 hours. To consult the level of energy available at any given time, a new patented radial display providing simple and intuitive readability is arranged around the rim of the upper dial section. As the power reserve is gradually depleted, the various segments on the semi-circular indication turn from white to blue. This generously sized and unique display mode facilitates an instant check of the level of the barrel’s degree of winding, even in poor light.
Inventive push piece construction
The two traditional push pieces are covered and protected by two L-shaped metal levers that pivot around the crown. They provide a broad contact area while protecting the crown and its integrated function selector. The upper surface of the push piece is coated with rubber grooves to ensure a non-slip grip.
Dual time zone
The Master Compressor Extreme LAB has a GMT function. The second time zone, which displays the time in the owner’s usual place of residence, is shown by a second central hours hand, complete with a 24-hour display at 6 o’clock. The time zone is adjusted via a crown-integrated function selector and also drives the date in both forwards or backwards directions.
This new model is powered by Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 780, featuring a column-wheel-controlled chronograph. Precision starting and stopping of the time measurement is ensured by a vertical coupling-clutch. The large balance with its 11.5 mg.cm2 moment of inertia beats at a cadence of 28,800 vibrations per hour and its amplitudes vary only marginally when sustaining shocks. It is fitted with variable-inertia adjustment screws. The absence of the index generally used to adjust the frequency of the balance eliminates the risk of a change in position if subjected to a violent shock. The balance-spring studholder is held by two screws which, once put in place, are secured definitively.
The balance-spring itself is fitted with a specific protective device that restricts its oscillation in case of shocks. The balance-cock is held by two pinning points in order to enhance its resistance. When it comes to endurance, the automatic rotor, which is mounted on ceramic ball bearings that require no lubricant, winds the barrel of the watch so as to ensure a 60-hour power reserve. All movement components are meticulously decorated.
The inventively designed new integrated interchangeable strap system is operated by means of a lever on the caseback. Rotating it releases the strap attachment and enables a smooth and easy change. The double alligator strap guarantees maximum durability and comfort, while the secure double pin buckle ensures precise two-position adjustment between each notch.
Digital chronograph minutes counter
In order to guarantee optimal at-a-glance readability the watchmakers of the Manufacture have designed a display enabling instant read-off. A large double digit counter ideally situated at 12 o’clock indicates the chronograph minutes. Its operation is based on an instant-jump mechanism activated at the exact moment when the seconds hand completes one full turn. The chronograph hours totaliser is located at 9 o’clock, coaxially with the movement seconds.
A powerful design for optimised use
The black ceramic bezel of the Extreme LAB 2 offers superior protection, as does the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. The crown also made of ceramic, echoes the particularly elegant bezel with its polished and satin-brushed finish. For the case middle, the engineers of the Manufacture have chosen a two-part construction on which an external brancard (carrier or shaft) serves as a strap attachment and a base for the inner case housing the movement. This system combines robustness and lightness thanks to TiVan15, a titanium and vanadium alloy providing 15% greater traction resistance than traditional titanium alloys.
The substantially open worked dial serves to observe the details of the calibre structure through the sapphire crystal. The black or ruthenium coating of various movement components creates a striking contrast with the numerals and hands in order to give the chronograph maximum readability.
High-tech materials, daring shapes combined with the double-ringed case structure, add to the aesthetic intensity of this chronograph. It alternates between blue and white colour codes, particularly on the chronograph hours counters, permeated by a resolutely graphic spirit and driven by a concern for legibility. While its appearance is undeniably complex, the Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2 is easily tamed by the person who has chosen to adopt it.
Model: Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB2
Jaeger-LeCoultre 780 Calibre
Mechanical automatic movement developed and produced by the Manufacture Jaeger-LeCoultre
• 569 parts for Calibre 780
• Chronograph with large double-digit minutes counter
• Crown selector and function indicator
• Main time-zone adjustable in one-hour increments
• Second time-zone (hour and 24-hour indication)
• 180° radial 60-hour power-reserve display
• Small seconds (movement operating indicator)
• Independent stop seconds device
• Nickel silver ebauche
• Diameter: 33.8 mm. Thickness: 9.08 mm
• Large twin-disc 60-minute digital minutes counter with built-in locking system
• Eight-of-a-second seconds counter
• 24-hour display
• Column wheel
• Vertical coupling-clutch
• Rubber-clad push-pieces and push-piece guards
• Ceramic crown with integrated function selector push-piece
• Column wheel-type selection system
• Three-position indicator: 1. Winding, 2. Date and dual-time adjustment, 3. Time-setting
• 28,800 vibrations per hour
• Large variable-inertia balance (11.5 mg•cm2)
• Balance with two pinning points with stud-holder locking plate
• Oscillating weight mounted on ceramic ball bearings, lubricant-free
• Unidirectional winding
• Three-spoke oscillating weight and platinum segment
Spring-secured ceramic bezel
Secure and ergonomic chronograph push-pieces
Sapphire crystal (caseback and dial)
Materials, two versions:
- TiVan15 (material exclusive to Jaeger-LeCoultre).Ceramic bezel and crown, rubber-clad push-piece guards.
-18-carat pink gold and TiVan15 (material exclusive to Jaeger-LeCoultre).Ceramic bezel and crown, rubber-clad push-piece guards
Diameter 46.8 mm. Thickness: 16.5 mm
Dial and hands
Open-worked dial, black PVD-coated bridges
Raised function display
New shape of open-worked hands
Strap and buckle
• Lever-operated strap interchangeability system
• Strap held to 2 attachment points, triple-notch fine adjustment
• Secure double pin buckle with double-notch fine adjustment, built-in interchangeability system
Watches tested for 1000 hours
Q2032540, 18-carat pink gold
Q203T540, TiVan 15
Q203T541, TiVan 15 – new model
- ► 2017 (723)
- ► 2016 (1564)
- Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic
- OMEGA inaugurates its new boutique in Pune, India
- DeLaneau sharpens focus on exclusivity and appoint...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier Braveheart® Tourbillon
- ROMAIN VOLLET Motor Skull
- MB&F HM3 MEGAWIND Final Edition
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. REMADE IN SWITZERLA...
- Ollivier Savéo Watches - Introduction
- Bremont Jaguar MKI & MKII
- Fabergé unveils Pearl Egg, an extraordinary, one-o...
- Laurent Dordet appointed CEO of La Montre Hermès
- Dresden based company Post Modern unveils a specia...
- Arnold & Son DSTB (Instrument Collection), New Ref...
- Dewitt Academia Grand Tourbillon
- Dewitt Twenty-8-Eight Double Time GMT2 Poetic
- Junghans Meister Collection (New Versions)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 18K Pink Gold Edition with G...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Black Ceramic & Big Bang...
- Van der Bauwede VDB Legend T. Crown Tourbillon
- ZAUNICK - Unique Handmade Cufflinks & Accessories
- Charriol Gran Celtica™ SuperSportS
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Aviation Type ALPA-S
- SAINT HONORE - The “Tour Eiffel” Timepiece
- Glashütte Original - New versions of the PanoMatic...
- Glashütte Original PanoReserve (New versions: Red ...
- OMEGA inaugurates its newest flagship store in Tai...
- Epos Emotion 3390 24H
- Thomas Mercer Becomes the Official Timekeeper of t...
- Melbourne Watch Company - The "Avalon"
- A. Lange & Söhne celebrates Ferdinand Adolph Lange...
- A. Lange & Söhne - The 1815 “200th Anniversary F. ...
- Gallet Announces Online Crowd Funding Campaign to ...
- Baume & Mercier Promesse 10199
- Seculus Ambassador Collection
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Power of Love
- GoS Nordic Seasons Gold with new damascus steel ca...
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity (New Limited E...
- Aerowatch Renaissance Orange Tornado
- Piaget Mediterranean Garden
- Arnold & Son Royal Collection - HM Goats Limited E...
- Jaquet Droz Sunstone Collection (Petite Heure Minu...
- Bergstern Sports Chronograph
- Oris Thelonious Monk Limited Edition Watch
- Calvin Klein alliance
- Christophe Claret expands into Malaysia and exhibi...
- Christophe Claret Aventicum
- Breitling Chronoliner
- Hamilton Chrono Worldtimer Quartz
- Albert Riele Premiere Chronograph
- Kerbedanz Celtic Dog Limited Edition
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ScubaTec Rose Gold
- Rado HyperChrome Plasma Diamonds Limited Edition
- BOVET - Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed ...
- Patek Philippe Launches Online ‘Global Generations...
- Audemars Piguet Official Sponsor and Time Keeper f...
- Hysek Abyss Tenth Anniversary Collection
- The Supermodel Bar Refaeli Becomes the New Brand A...
- Techné Dual-Time Swiss Concept Aviator Watch
- Ulysse Nardin Vivaldi
- Lebois & Co Avantgarde Date
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Mk II
- CLERC Hydroscaph Collection - A New Breed of Swiss...
- Watch in Focus – Omega Speedmaster
- Auguste Reymond Cotton Club Moonphase
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro GMT ½ Hour
- Voutilainen GMR Limited Edition
- Enicar Hyperion CH337 Chronometer
- DIMIER by BOVET - The Récital 17 (Triple time zone...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette Glasnost G1
- Burberry - The Britain Icon Check Collection
- Louis Erard Excellence Regulator
- Blancpain supports the Ocean Innovation Challenge
- POP PILOT® - Uniquely Colour-Calibrated Timepieces...
- Harry Winston Midnight Feathers Automatic 42mm
- Bentley Bourbon Power Reserve
- Bentley Veneur Club Sport
- Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic 1/100
- Cover CoA10 Watchmaker Limited Edition
- Swiss Artist, Robin Meier, Selected to Present the...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of it...
- Richard Mille ‘Open Link’
- A. Lange & Söhne opens its boutique in Miami
- De Bethune DB28 GS
- BUBEN&ZORWEG pops up at Harrods, London
- Rado HyperChrome Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter
- BOVET Château de Môtiers - Flower of Life
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Chronograph Big Date
- RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II Collection
- Breitling Colt 36 Collection
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Limited Edition wi...
- Perrelet Turbine Skeleton
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Precious White
- Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier (Ref. 161896-5003)
- Burberry the Britain S/S15 Runway – The Birds and ...
- HYT SKULL
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose Gold with Openwork Sk...
- OMEGA Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Lim...
- Arnold & Son signs global partnership with Northro...
- ▼ February 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (2439)
- ► 2013 (1672)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1424)
- ► 2009 (2063)
- ► 2008 (517)