When the Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity was launched at Baselworld 2014, it was the first timepiece to feature a fully silicium assortment, proving highly popular and quickly selling out.
Since 1975, Maurice Lacroix has been at the vanguard of horological creativity, embracing new technologies, depicting time using thought-provoking design and harnessing fine Swiss craftsmanship. This year Maurice Lacroix combines many of its innovations in a limited edition of the Masterpiece Gravity featuring a stunning blue dial, produced to celebrate the brand’s 40th anniversary.
POWERLITE® is incredibly robust, durable and light. The anthracite colour of the case is created using an anodisation process. The benefits POWERLITE® offers made a compelling case for its selection by the design team at Maurice Lacroix and a worthy material for this important timepiece in the company’s history.
The new Masterpiece Gravity 40th is joined by two further limited editions, delivered in a choice of classical and contemporary executions, each limited to 250 pieces.The Masterpiece Gravity inspires and challenges convention. It is an innovative timepiece, at the cutting-edge of progress, which does not merely convey time but emotionally engages with the wearer with creative expression. It presents its oscillator and assortment centre stage on the dial side of the watch. The spectacle of seeing the oscillator beating, along with the pallet lever moving, is mesmerising and emits an attractive force few can resist.
The frequency of the Maurice Lacroix automatic manufacture Calibre ML230 is 18,000 vph (2.5Hz). It is a cadence that is ideally suited for silicium as it proves gentler to the glass-like substance than those experienced in some higher oscillating movements. The brand has minimised the number of components to 188, avoiding unnecessary parts and, by default, providing a clean appearance and enhanced reliability. Maurice Lacroix is, understandably, very proud to feature a complete assortment produced in silicium. The Calibre ML230 is its 13th manufacture movement, reaffirming the company’s know-how and technical progress.
The sense of modernity is reinforced with the main bridges, positioned adjacent the hour and minutes display, that have received an eye-catching sandblasted finish. Moreover, these bridges feature polished bevelled edges accentuating their extremities to comely effect. In contrast, four additional bridges, presented dial-side of the watch are rhodium finished and circular brushed. The screw sinks on these four bridges are sandblasted, providing a cohesive link to the main bridges.
For those seeking a more avant-garde form of expression, the contemporary execution may be their preferred timepiece. In this instance, the off-centre hour and minutes display features a captivating black lacquered dial. Hours are marked with diamond cut indexes which sparkle with a brilliant gleam and the hands are delivered in a matching rhodium finish. Framing the extremities of the dial is a flat rhodium plated minute rail, featuring red and white markings. Adjacent the hour and minutes display, vertical Côtes de Genève stripes, accentuated with black gold treatment, provide a modern and highly attractive appearance.
The “glass-box” sapphire crystal is also domed and magnifies the oscillator and assortment, making them appear to sit high within the case and according a sublime three dimensional characteristic to the dial. A small seconds display, presented on a subdial partially projects over the disclosed balance assortment, masterfully exploiting depth and curving line. Finally, the case back of the watch is equipped with a sapphire crystal, according a view of the automatic Calibre ML230.
Maurice Lacroix has shown over the last 40 years a remarkable ability to innovate, explore new technologies and create ingenious means of displaying time. The Masterpiece Gravity 40th wonderfully integrates several cutting-edge technologies in one true masterpiece.
Ø 43 mm Anthracite Powerlite alloy case or
Ø 43 mm stainless steel case, satin and polished“Box” sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
Screwed case back with wide sapphire crystal
Water-resistant to 50 m/5 atm
White lacquered with black roman numbers printings, blue minutery, black and blue second printings, 4N Logo
Black lacquered with rhodied indexes and logo, rhodied minutery, red and white second printings
Blue lacquered with rhodied indexes and logo, rhodied minutery and external second.
Hands: 4N Gold plated or rhodied hours, minutes and seconds hands
Automatic calibre ML230
Assortment and oscillator ML10
Vibration: 18 000 alt/h, 2.5 Hz
Power reserve: 50 hours
Adjustments: 5 positions when fully wound and 2 positions after 24 hours
Decorations: Classic execution: Rhodium coated bridges, with “Cotes de Geneve“ in“Colimaçon“, sandblasted finishing and diamond cut edges on all bridges.
Modern execution: Black gold coated bridges, with vertical “Cotes de Geneve“, sandblasted finishing and diamond cut edges on all bridges.
Hours, minutes by off-centered hands at 2 o’clock
Small second by off-centered hand at 4 o’clock
Visible ML assortment and oscillator between 6 and 8 o’clock
Genuine black or brown crocodile-skin strap
Genuine black soft touch crocodile-skin strap
Folding steel clasp with push buttons
Satin and polished finishing
Black PVD Buckle
Masterpiece Gravity N° 1 Gravity Limited (Ref. MP6118-SS001-112)
Manufacture movement ML230
Ø 43 mm stainless steel case
White lacquered plated dials
Genuine black or brown crocodile strap with folding clasp
Limited edition of 250 pieces
N° 2 Gravity”40th Anniversary” Limited (Ref. MP6118-ALB01-430)
Manufacture movement ML230
Ø 43 mm anthracite Powerlite alloy case
Blue lacquered and rhodium dials
Black soft touch genuine crocodile strap with black buckle
Limited edition of 40 pieces
N° 3 Gravity Limited (Ref. MP6118-PVB01-330)
Manufacture movement ML230
Ø 43 mm anthracite PVD case
Black lacquered and rhodium plated dials
Black genuine crocodile strap with black buckle
Limited edition of 250 pieces
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood began in 1951 – underwater – when actors playing naval diving heroes wore Hamilton watches in the Osc...
Of classic watch design and yet discretely sportive, this charismatic gent’s chronograph pays homage to times when in watchmaking chronograp...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- Breitling Colt Chronograph Automatic
- OMEGA inaugurates its new boutique in Pune, India
- DeLaneau sharpens focus on exclusivity and appoint...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier Braveheart® Tourbillon
- ROMAIN VOLLET Motor Skull
- MB&F HM3 MEGAWIND Final Edition
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. REMADE IN SWITZERLA...
- Ollivier Savéo Watches - Introduction
- Bremont Jaguar MKI & MKII
- Fabergé unveils Pearl Egg, an extraordinary, one-o...
- Laurent Dordet appointed CEO of La Montre Hermès
- Dresden based company Post Modern unveils a specia...
- Arnold & Son DSTB (Instrument Collection), New Ref...
- Dewitt Academia Grand Tourbillon
- Dewitt Twenty-8-Eight Double Time GMT2 Poetic
- Junghans Meister Collection (New Versions)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Extreme LAB 2
- Girard-Perregaux 1966 18K Pink Gold Edition with G...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Black Ceramic & Big Bang...
- Van der Bauwede VDB Legend T. Crown Tourbillon
- ZAUNICK - Unique Handmade Cufflinks & Accessories
- Charriol Gran Celtica™ SuperSportS
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Aviation Type ALPA-S
- SAINT HONORE - The “Tour Eiffel” Timepiece
- Glashütte Original - New versions of the PanoMatic...
- Glashütte Original PanoReserve (New versions: Red ...
- OMEGA inaugurates its newest flagship store in Tai...
- Epos Emotion 3390 24H
- Thomas Mercer Becomes the Official Timekeeper of t...
- Melbourne Watch Company - The "Avalon"
- A. Lange & Söhne celebrates Ferdinand Adolph Lange...
- A. Lange & Söhne - The 1815 “200th Anniversary F. ...
- Gallet Announces Online Crowd Funding Campaign to ...
- Baume & Mercier Promesse 10199
- Seculus Ambassador Collection
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Power of Love
- GoS Nordic Seasons Gold with new damascus steel ca...
- Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Gravity (New Limited E...
- Aerowatch Renaissance Orange Tornado
- Piaget Mediterranean Garden
- Arnold & Son Royal Collection - HM Goats Limited E...
- Jaquet Droz Sunstone Collection (Petite Heure Minu...
- Bergstern Sports Chronograph
- Oris Thelonious Monk Limited Edition Watch
- Calvin Klein alliance
- Christophe Claret expands into Malaysia and exhibi...
- Christophe Claret Aventicum
- Breitling Chronoliner
- Hamilton Chrono Worldtimer Quartz
- Albert Riele Premiere Chronograph
- Kerbedanz Celtic Dog Limited Edition
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi ScubaTec Rose Gold
- Rado HyperChrome Plasma Diamonds Limited Edition
- BOVET - Amadeo ® Fleurier Monsieur BOVET Reversed ...
- Patek Philippe Launches Online ‘Global Generations...
- Audemars Piguet Official Sponsor and Time Keeper f...
- Hysek Abyss Tenth Anniversary Collection
- The Supermodel Bar Refaeli Becomes the New Brand A...
- Techné Dual-Time Swiss Concept Aviator Watch
- Ulysse Nardin Vivaldi
- Lebois & Co Avantgarde Date
- Zannetti Regent Full Sky Mk II
- CLERC Hydroscaph Collection - A New Breed of Swiss...
- Watch in Focus – Omega Speedmaster
- Auguste Reymond Cotton Club Moonphase
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro GMT ½ Hour
- Voutilainen GMR Limited Edition
- Enicar Hyperion CH337 Chronometer
- DIMIER by BOVET - The Récital 17 (Triple time zone...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Russian Roulette Glasnost G1
- Burberry - The Britain Icon Check Collection
- Louis Erard Excellence Regulator
- Blancpain supports the Ocean Innovation Challenge
- POP PILOT® - Uniquely Colour-Calibrated Timepieces...
- Harry Winston Midnight Feathers Automatic 42mm
- Bentley Bourbon Power Reserve
- Bentley Veneur Club Sport
- Victorinox Swiss Army Chrono Classic 1/100
- Cover CoA10 Watchmaker Limited Edition
- Swiss Artist, Robin Meier, Selected to Present the...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of it...
- Richard Mille ‘Open Link’
- A. Lange & Söhne opens its boutique in Miami
- De Bethune DB28 GS
- BUBEN&ZORWEG pops up at Harrods, London
- Rado HyperChrome Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter
- BOVET Château de Môtiers - Flower of Life
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date
- Alpina Startimer Pilot Chronograph Big Date
- RJ-Romain Jerome PAC-MAN Level II Collection
- Breitling Colt 36 Collection
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra 150M Limited Edition wi...
- Perrelet Turbine Skeleton
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Precious White
- Chopard L.U.C Qualité Fleurier (Ref. 161896-5003)
- Burberry the Britain S/S15 Runway – The Birds and ...
- HYT SKULL
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose Gold with Openwork Sk...
- OMEGA Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 Solar Impulse Lim...
- Arnold & Son signs global partnership with Northro...
- ▼ February 2015 (121)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)