Bell & Ross is celebrating 10 years of its iconic model by presenting an exclusive watch in a limited edition: the “BR 01 10th Anniversary”.
In 2005, a simple idea gave rise to the BR 01: the plan was to turn an aircraft cockpit into the best aviation watch: reliable, functional, accurate and easy to read. Switching, as if by magic, "from the cockpit to the wrist", with the BR 01, the aesthetic codes of contemporary watchmaking were reinvented. Since then, Bell & Ross has developed more than 150 models and fifty limited editions of this square watch which has, over time, become a true platform for creative watchmaking (tourbillon, tourbillon-timer, power reserve, skeleton, large date, GMT, chronograph) and innovative design (Flight Instruments, Heritage, Phantom, Skull, B-Rocket).
To celebrate 10 years of this legendary model, Bell & Ross is releasing an anniversary BR 01 in a limited edition of 500 pieces: the "BR 01 10th Anniversary".
In 2014, Bell & Ross revolutionized the design of the BR 01 when it launched the BR-X1, an extreme version of its iconic watch, robust yet sophisticated, with a high-tech sporty chronograph and its immediately identifiable geometry. Ultra-contemporary, the innovative design of the BR-X1 case, made from grade 5 titanium, really sets it apart, protecting it from any potential impacts thanks to the rubber and ceramic belt which acts as a defensive shield. Once again, the BR 01 proves to be a great timekeeper that it is in tune with its time.
The BR 01 was born of this simple yet groundbreaking idea: to turn an aircraft cockpit clock into a wristwatch. To ensure it is practical and easy to read, the numerals, hands and square case use the same principles as aeronautical instruments. Each detail has a purpose and a function. This avant-garde timepiece perfectly illustrates the motto "form follows function", the founding axiom of design theory.
Always on the lookout for cutting edge technologies, which have mainly originate in the industrial and military sectors, Bell & Ross is giving the "BR 01 10th Anniversary" the stamp of modernity by using high-tech ceramic. Preferred by high-tech industries for its reliability and resilience, high-tech ceramic holds a privileged position in the aerospace sector, with uses including the manufacture of parts subject to high temperatures or exposure to acids, corrosion and erosion. It is also found in the design of heat shields and noses for rockets.
As part of its on-going quest for excellence, Bell & Ross has reworked the high-tech ceramic in its Swiss workshops and developed a special manufacturing process that enhances the intrinsic qualities of this material, which is virtually scratch-resistant, pleasant to wear, soft to the touch and thermo-regulated, instantly reaching body temperature when worn. Almost as tough as a diamond, the high-tech ceramic developed by Bell & Ross is incredibly hardwearing, non-deformable, lighter than steel and hypoallergenic. Reminiscent of the antireflective finish used on aircraft instrument panels, the matte black ceramic is perfectly in tune with the aeronautical codes so crucial to the Bell & Ross philosophy.
The creation of a BR 01 in high-tech ceramic meant its designers had to rethink the already complex construction of its case. Resembling the nose of a spacecraft, the "BR 01 10th Anniversary" comprises a steel "box section" housed in a ceramic case, which is designed like a streamlined fuselage. Perfectly balanced, these two parts make a whole and reinforce one another, with the ceramic boosting the case’s resilience. This sophisticated case has a mechanical movement with automatic winding, which offers tried and tested reliability. The steel caseback sports a satin-finished micro blasted finish and is engraved with the logo: "10th Anniversary".
Sporting its high-tech ceramic uniform, the "BR 01 10th Anniversary" pushes back the boundaries of time and reinterprets the original values of the BR 01, enhancing their sophistication. Engraved and numbered, this limited edition of 500 watches is the ultimate expression of the evolution that has transformed a cutting-edge watch into this now iconic model.
Like the BR 01, the "BR 01 10th Anniversary" is designed according to aeronautical design guidelines. In line with a perfect creative vision, this piece has gone back to basics, breaking with watchmaking codes and affirming its practical nature. The simplicity of this commemorative watch conceals the highly sophisticated design which promotes readability: the shape of the hands is similar to those on an altimeter; the typography used for the numerals is identical to that on analogue aviation counters (Isonorm); the embossed dial features, numerals and index are in relief; the hands and index are covered in a white photo-luminescent coating (Superluminova®) that contrast with the black of the dial, ensuring they can be easily read both during the day and at night.
Model: BR 01 10th Anniversary
Limited edition of 500 pieces
BR-CAL.302. Mechanical automatic
Functions: hours, minutes, seconds
46 mm diameter
Matte black ceramic
Steel case back with the inscription "10th Anniversary"
Water resistance: 100 m.
Crystal: anti-reflective sapphire.
Hands, indices and numerals covered with a white photo luminescent coating (Superluminova®) and "10th Anniversary" inscription
Black rubber and ultra-resistant synthetic canvas
Buckle: pin. Steel with black PVD finish
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Swiss mechanical clock manufacture L'Epée 1839 unveils Requiem: a table clock with an 8-day movement designed in partnership with Kostas...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
In 1999, taking inspiration from the regulator clocks of 18th century, Oris created the world’s first dive watch featuring a regulator dial....
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)