Nearly ten years ago, Bell & Ross launched the BR 01, a distinctive, high-performance watch directly inspired by on-board flight instruments. It has become an iconic watch thanks to its square shape, its round dial with perfect legibility, its broad dimensions and the efficiency of its functional design. Since then, the BR 01 has continued to evolve without losing its original identity.
A tribute to the Bell X-1, the first American experimental plane with a rocket engine to break the sound barrier (Mach 1, 1224 km/h) in 1947, in 2014 Bell & Ross pushed the boundaries of innovation even further by launching its fifth-generation watch, the BR-X1, a high-end chronograph with a resolutely sporty design and sophisticated haute horlogerie finishes.
Inspired by 21st century fighter planes whose futuristic cockpits are made from fine, high-tech materials to optimise their structure, the BR-X1 is truly unique: a high-tech watch which is both powerful and pioneering. In one word: contemporary. The BR-X1 is to luxury watchmaking what fifth-generation fighter planes are to aviation: a guarantee of ultimate performance.
In 2014, Bell & Ross unveiled its new BR-X1 line, in the form of a high-tech, sporty chronograph, which was robust yet sophisticated. An extreme version of the BR-01, whose iconic square shape is directly inspired by aeronautical flight instruments, the BR-X1 is much more than a high-end contemporary sports watch: it is the "Ultimate Utility Watch."This year, still at the forefront of technological innovation, primarily originating in the aeronautical and military domains, Bell & Ross has equipped its hypersonic chronograph with a lightweight, ultra-resistant material: Carbone Forgé ®(forged carbon).
To meet watchmaking quality criteria, the engineers have reworked the carbon fibres and the composition of the resin. The result is a non-porous, water-resistant single-unit case with clean edges, in a deep black, which is the colour of the carbon fibres. The marbled appearance of each piece is unique thanks to the random way the carbon fibres are mixed. The matt finish reduces reflection for better legibility, and makes it soft to the touch.
Its innovative rocker push buttons are used to activate the chronograph functions; these push buttons are also made from high-tech ceramic with ergonomically designed rubber inserts, in order to optimise their grip and stability. A rubber button grip insert is also built into the case at 9 o’clock to activate the chronograph functions, even when wearing gloves.The case is equipped with functional non-indexed screws. The sapphire glass has an antireflective coating to ensure resistance and optimal legibility.
The pioneering, multi-material design (Carbone forgé®, titanium, ceramic, rubber) of the BR-X1 Carbone Forgé® results in a lightweight, strong and ergonomic piece.
The chronograph is the complication par excellence in aviation. It can measure short periods of time and has become an essential tool in navigation. It is for these reasons that the chronograph has always enjoyed a special place among the aviation watch specialists at Bell & Ross. It is only natural that their latest creation –the BR-X1– is not just any chronograph. Its rare skeleton chronograph movement is an exceptional motor combining strength and extreme lightness. Structured in the shape of an “X”, its upper bridge (treated with black DLC) reads like its signature. “X” is the code name that refers to NASA’s experimental projects, and which gives the watch its name: the BR-X1.
The central hour and minute hands are read traditionally, while the small seconds hand is positioned at 3 o’clock. The skeleton date dial is positioned at 6 o’clock. Instead of a hand, the minute timer on the chronograph function features an ultra-light aluminium disc resembling the blades of a turbine. The hand on the central second counter indicates quarters of a second. Essential for calculating speeds, the tachymeter scale appears on the flange; the chronograph hands are marked with a subtle touch of red. Made from rubber, the black strap is structured with a groove, which makes it more comfortable while preserving its strength. Made from black PVD steel, and featuring a moulded black rubber insert, the buckle is both robust and refined.
The perfect synthesis of Bell & Ross skill in professional timepieces and fine horological complications, the BR-X1 is an exceptional instrument with a pioneering design. Set on revolutionising the watchmaking world, and thanks to its multi-material case, the BR-X1 Carbone Forgé® combines a high-tech, sporty character with haute horlogerie finishes.
LIMITED EDITION OF 250 PIECES
Automatic mechanical. BR-CAL.313. ‘X’-shaped upper bridge
56 jewels, 28,800 vph
Grey-tinted sapphire crystal
Appliqué metal indices with Superluminova® inserts
Metal skeleton Superluminova®-filled hour and minute hands
Aluminium 30-min chronograph timer disc
Hours, minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock
Skeleton date at 6 o’clock
Chronograph: 30-min timer at 9 o’clock, central chronograph seconds
Tachymeter scale on the flange
45 mm in diameter
BR-X1 Carbone Forgé®: carbone forgé®, grade 5 titanium and ceramic with rubber inserts
BR-X1 Titanium: grade 5 titanium and ceramic with rubber inserts
Ceramic rocker push-buttons with rubber inserts
Crown with rubber inserts
Back with opening in tinted sapphire crystal, centred on the balance
Water resistance: 100 m
Crystal: sapphire with anti-reflective coating
Woven black rubber
BR-X1 Carbone Forgé ®: Black PVD* steel finish and black rubber insert
BR-X1 Titanium: steel and red rubber insert
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
HOLOS is a young watch brand based in Singapore. Keeping to a modernist philosophy of clean lines and functional aesthetic, and after 2 year...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- ► 2016 (1527)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)