To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first ever Bulgari Roma watch, the Bulgari watch family is expanding with new Finissimo hand-wound model, an ultra-thin Tourbillon, Bulgari Bulgari Solotempo and Bulgari Roma Tubogas.
Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary - Roma Finissimo Hand-Wound
Delving into the details, one should naturally begin with an introduction to Bulgari Roma Finissimo, three creations of which one is a limited edition for the 40th anniversary: the Bulgari Roma Finissimo in yellow gold. This watch symbolizes the return to the origins of the sign born in 1975, respecting the original codes. Bulgari enriches the understated design of this iconic timepiece with the finesse of its own ultra-thin mechanical hand-wound movement created by its watchmakers.
41mm case in 18ct yellow or pink gold or steel
100 numbered pieces in the yellow gold limited edition version.
Crown set with a ceramic chip.
BVL 128 calibre, extra-flat self-wound manufacture mechanical movement; hours, minutes and small second, 65 hour power reserve indicator – visible on the back through the sapphire crystal case back; movement decorated with Côtes de Genève and beadwork finishes
Dials and straps
Black lacquer dial for the “collectors” version in yellow gold on a black alligator bracelet, yellow gold pin buckle
Silver opaline dial for the pink gold version on a brown alligator bracelet with pink gold pin buckle
Polished black lacquer dial for the steel version on a black alligator bracelet with steel pin buckle
Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary - Roma Finissimo Tourbillon
Bulgari Roma now delivers truly dizzying slenderness in the new Finissimo Tourbillon version, featuring an exclusive and ingenious combination of two of the most delicate watchmaking complications: extreme finesse and the Tourbillon. This small revolving carriage housing the escapement and balance wheel is designed to release the movement from the grip of gravity by counter-balancing its resulting disturbances and enhancing the isochronism of the balance wheel. It is a means of achieving the most accurate possible mechanical movements.
Case and dial
41mm case in 18ct pink gold and 5.15mm thick
Transparent crystal sapphire case back
18ct pink gold crown set with a black ceramic chip
Black lacquer dial opening onto the Tourbillon
Water-resistant to 30m
Hand-wound mechanical movement and flying Tourbillon, BVL 268 Finissimo Tourbillon Calibre, 32.60mm diameter and 1,95mm thick: the thinnest Tourbillon movement ever made in the history of watchmaking; 21 600 v/h, 52 power reserve, Côtes de Genève;
Brown alligator bracelet equipped with 18ct pink gold pin buckle.
Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary - Bulgari Bulgari Solotempo
The Bulgari Bulgari watch has been reinterpreted in an interesting variation with a dial with a 39mm opening. Style is also a matter of mastery. This Solotempo array offers a range of very complementary versions: in pink gold on a black alligator strap, in steel on a brown alligator strap or steel bracelet, in gold and steel on a bracelet in the same metals, or all gold. All of them are driven by the high-performance mechanical self-winding 26-jewels Bulgari BVL 191 Manufacture Solotempo movement, endowed with a 42-hour power reserve and beating at a rate of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hz) that powers this very beautiful classical watch.
Self-wound manufacture mechanical movement with instantaneous jump, BVL 191 Calibre, visible through the sapphire crystal case back
Hours, minutes, seconds and date window
42 power reserve; movement decorated with the Côtes de Genève and snailed finishing
Crown set with ceramic chip
Case and bracelet in 18ct pink gold with 18ct pink gold folding buckle; silver opaline dial
18ct pink gold case and black alligator bracelet with pin buckle in 18ct pink gold; polished black lacquer dial;
Case and bracelet in 18ct pink gold and steel with folding buckle; silver opaline dial
Steel case and bracelet with steel folding buckle; silver opaline dial
Steel case and brown alligator bracelet with steel folding buckle
Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary - Bulgari Roma Tubogas
Dedicated for ladies, the new Bulgari Roma Tubogas bears the magical inscription Bulgari Roma and is fitted with the famous Tubogas bracelet made of pink gold and steel, as is the case with a 26mm diameter. Practical by day, this gem of a watch becomes a full-fledged piece of jewellery by night thanks to its chic, sober style, enhanced by the sparkle of diamond hour-markers twinkling on its chocolate brown dial. This elegant and precious model knows how to play on its rarity because only 1,975 examples have been produced, in tribute to the year the Bulgari Roma was born. The back of every watch is engraved with the inscription “Limited Edition / 1 out of 1975”.
26mm steel case topped with an 18ct pink gold bezel engraved Bvlgari Roma
18ct pink gold crown set with a tourmaline cabochon
Brown lacquer dial with “sunray” effect set with 12 brilliant cut diamond hour markers
Double wrap around Tubogas bracelet combining 18ct pink gold ( ~ 11gr) and steel available in 2 sizes: S (125mm) and M (145mm);
B046 quartz movement, hour and minute indications
About Bvlgari Roma Collection
Born in 1975, the year of countless changes, Bulgari Roma is a contemporary and modern wristwatch collection that sailed through the decades without ever losing sight of its key values. This watch is designed as a very limited series for the great jewellery House founded in Rome in 1884 by Sotirio Boulgaris, already internationally renowned for his modern, elegant, inventive, colourful creations, and as a gift for his hundred best clients, as well as in tribute to the beauty and influence of Rome.
Bulgari was not yet recognised as a watchmaker, even though the first watches had been created in the 1920s and were presented with great regularity as part of its collections from the 1940s onwards.
Bulgari chose innovation and modernity for the creation of this watch. In 1975, the conquest of space was a reality, and the trend was leaning towards digital displays. Quartz technology turned traditional watchmaking upside down. Bulgari adopted a frontrunner role and decided to combine these modern elements with classic references. The round Bulgari Roma watch resembles a stratum cut into the marble of a Pantheon column or the peristyle of a Roman monument. This precious gold model affirmed its quality as a creation designed and crafted by a great jeweller.
But Bulgari goes further and shows the greatest audacity. Like the Roman emperors displaying the attributes of their power over the coins, it displays the inscriptions “Bulgari” and “Roma” engraved on its bezel in an immediately recognisable historical typeface, and established as the brand’s identity in 1934 during the renovation of the historic boutique at the Via Condotti in the heart of Rome. The House of Bulgari thus became the first to engrave its name on the case of a watch.
All the elements of a great classic were there. But right from the outset, the Bulgari Roma watch sprang a surprise: there were no hands or dial in its centre but instead a digital display. The bracelet was also astonishingly creative. The trend at the time was for metallic bracelets. Bulgari did not opt for a gold mesh, which would be perfectly legitimate for a jeweller, but instead for a plaited rope with leather trim reminiscent of the Roman attachments typically used in Antiquity.
From the moment it appeared on the wrists of the hundred personalities closest to the Maison, this watch enjoyed dazzling success. Orders flooded in from all over the world and Bulgari decided to extend production of this highly particular watch whose inspiration draws on the company’s fundamental elements: daring and elegance.
In order to maintain the highly exclusive nature of the very first Bulgari Roma watch, with its digital display, the Maison decided to equip the first series with a more traditional dial, with finely designed hour-markers and two hands. Once again, this proved a big success which marks the birth of a true new sign.
In 1977, the Bulgari brothers went a step further. The first Bulgari Bulgari collection, the natural evolution of the Bulgari Roma watch was launched. The Bulgari Bulgari inscription on the bezel, directly inspired by the mark of sovereignty on ancient coins, became an instantly recognisable sign all over the world – to the point of being included at the very heart of the design in a highly contemporary manner. The dial was equipped with a central seconds hand and a date window. Targeting both genders, it came in four different sizes in order to attract both ladies and men and to suit all wrists. Simultaneously classical and modern, it proved capable of playing on every code and every trend. The case was made of yellow gold, because the jewellery crafted is never far from Bulgari’s creations. But the strap was in leather, a resolutely fashion-forward, stylish move. The movements were either mechanical, in order to please fans of beautiful watchmaking, or quartz in order to meet modern-day needs and considerations of convenience. The international success of Bulgari Bulgari consecrates the entrance to the Maison in the watch industry.
From this point on, this emblematic watch would be translated into many versions, leaving the way clear for Bulgari to explore every possible creative watchmaking avenue. From 1980 onwards, using the Tubogas bracelet technique it had long since mastered, Bulgari achieved a perfect fusion between jewellery and watches, consistently pervaded by a rare brand of creative boldness. Coiled like an ancient snake around the wrist, the articulated gold bracelet was also a subtle reference to the exhaust pipes of beautiful cars in the Roaring Twenties.
This intrinsically desirable golden ribbon also represented a technical prowess and the embodiment of highly skilled artisanal know-how, because it requires long hours for a jeweller to be able to entwine so inseparably the two incredibly supple pieces of metal.
Once again, this represented a daring, successful marriage of classical culture and technological modernity. Perfectly espousing the fashion of its time, this wave of brilliant seduction from the 1980s is now so easily recognisable that the Bulgari Bulgari Tubogas ladies’ watch is regarded as much as a timeless piece of jewellery as a refined fashion accessory providing an unmistakable edge.
For a decade, the men’s and ladies’ collections enjoyed unfailing success. Initially perceived as refined, aesthetic pieces, they have become a sign of recognition among fans of beautiful contemporary watches. At the turn of the 1990s, Bulgari made yet another surprising introduction. Well before it became fashionable, the jeweller dared to challenge the established codes of luxury and the high end, by presenting a watch in 1993 with very simple, sober aesthetics, but that is nevertheless revolutionary in terms of style with a case combining gold and composite materials. To stir desire and stimulate the imagination, you have to show up where you are least expected.
At the same time and in the same line of thinking, the watchmakers of the Maison Bulgari were secretly preparing another big surprise: a watch with a mechanical movement and skeleton dial. It was presented in 1996 and aroused great admiration among the most informed connoisseurs and best-known critics. So much so that the following year, in 1997, for the 20th anniversary celebration of Bulgari Bulgari, the new watch produced with a dial bearing the anniversary number swiftly became impossible to find. This is still the case today because these pieces that have remained eminently contemporary rarely leave the collections of their owners who enjoy wearing them for years and always with the same feeling of newness.
The first decade of the new millennium was the moment when the technical watchmaking aspect of this timepiece, already established as a reference in terms of design, became recognised. In 2001, the introduction of a chronograph brought an element of sportiness. And, in 2004, with its Tourbillon, Bulgari finally joined the ranks of the great watchmaking Houses.
Keenly aware that it had a treasure in its possession, from both stylistic and technical standpoints, Bulgari could not simply leave its Bulgari Bulgari range to live happily ever after, outside of the development flow of its other watchmaking creations. Thanks to its emblematic design and the power it exercises on the imagination, it has become a central member of the Bulgari family. This was yet another reason for revitalising it in 2013 with the launch of a new, expanded collection which includes a new case and a new automatic in-house-manufactured movement, the Solotempo calibre. It also rolled out a highly exclusive capsule collection, reviving the Bulgari Roma name.
The new models presented in 2015 – the commemorative edition Bulgari Roma Finissimo, Bulgari Roma Tourbillon Finissimo, Bulgari Bulgari Solotempo, and Bulgari Roma Tubogas –celebrate the 40th anniversary of a legend which incarnates a large piece of watchmaking history.
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
This year, Speake-Marin unveils the new Brown Serpent Calendar featuring a curved gold guilded-steel date hand and multi-layered, satin-fini...
- ► 2016 (1563)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)