Chopard’s classical timepiece, the L.U.C Regulator model is now available in a version combining the elegance of the new L.U.C case with the horological prestige of the Chopard regulator movement. In keeping with the grand tradition of precision clocks, the six indications on the L.U.C Regulator are separated to ensure optimal readability. Featuring subtle symmetrical effects, the new L.U.C Regulator in 18 carat gold is certified by both COSC and Poinçon de Genève to testify its high rating precision and fine craftsmanship
Both a high-precision watch and an off-centred display mode, the regulator is a watch industry classic that Chopard approaches in an extremely modern way in this model. Entirely redesigned to ensure optimal readability and formal elegance, it admirably embodies the founding principles of the L.U.C collections. Its historical roots, its rating precision as well as its harmonious proportions make it an authentic Haute Horlogerie watch.
After a first model in 2006, Chopard once again distinguishes itself by miniaturising a regulator-type mechanism to wristwatch size. Regulators are watches whose hour hand is not fitted in the centre of the dial. The steel case gives way to a timeless version in 18-carat rose gold. Contrary to almost all available regulators, which place the hours at noon, those of the L.U.C Regulator appear at 3 o’clock. The avant-garde design of the indications appearing on the 2006 L.U.C Regulator is replaced by new indications characterised by a refined dial font. But the unique nature of the L.U.C Regulator also lies in its other atypical indications. Its dial features exquisite symmetry, with its four cardinal points each occupied by an indication. At noon, the power-reserve indication proudly indicates the autonomy of L.U.C Calibre 98.02-L on a graduated scale. The hours are placed at 3 o’clock, while the small seconds beat steadily at 6 o’clock.
From the late 19th century onwards, the extremely high-precision regulator clocks were used for a prestigious purpose: providing the reference time in watchmaking workshops. So as to be clearly visible by the precision timers who were responsible for adjusting other clocks and watches, the hours, minutes and seconds hands were separate and placed on different parts of the dial. This display principle has been known ever since as the regulator type.
The L.U.CEUM, the Chopard Museum located in Fleurier, houses three major regulators bearing the signature of great names such as Berthoud and Blondeau. They are the source of inspiration for the development of Chopard’s L.U.C watches. Their precision, their reliability, their benchmark value, as well as their ability to make their way unscathed across the ages, form a set of valuable guiding principles. The L.U.C Regulator clearly belongs to this lineage in terms of its performances as well as its unique nature.
In addition to these quality testimonials, the L.U.C Regulator also provides an exceptional 216-hour power reserve equivalent to 9 days. This performance has become a signature of the L.U.C movements featuring Quattro® technology. L.U.C Calibre 98.02-L measures just 4.90 mm thick, despite being equipped with the four barrels enabling this autonomy. These modest dimensions in turn make it possible to have a fairly slim case.
Ref. 161971-5001, in 18ct rose gold – sunburst satin-brushed silver-toned dial
18ct rose gold
Total diameter: 43 mm
Thickness: 9.78 mm
Water resistance: 50 metres
18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo: 6.50 mm
Glare-proofed sapphire crystal
Mechanical hand-wound movement, L.U.C 98.02-L
Total diameter: 30.40 mm
Thickness: 4.90 mm
Number of jewels: 39
Frequency: 28,800 vph
Power reserve: 216 hours
4 barrels - Quattro® technology
Bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
Poinçon de Genève quality hallmark
Dial and hands
Sunburst satin-brushed silver-toned dial with black transfers
Gilt dauphine-type hours and minutes hands
Black triangular hand for small seconds, GMT and power-reserve indicator
Functions and displays
Central minutes display
Hours display at 3 o’clock
Small seconds display at 6 o‘clock, GMT function at 9 o’clock and power reserve at 12 o’clock
Date window between 4 and 5 o’clock
Strap and buckle
Hand-sewn brown alligator leather with alligator leather lining
18ct rose gold pin buckle
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
HOLOS is a young watch brand based in Singapore. Keeping to a modernist philosophy of clean lines and functional aesthetic, and after 2 year...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- ► 2016 (1530)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)