Featuring a chronograph, automatic tourbillon and double micro-rotor, the new IO takes up multiple challenges in one unique creation. Its minimalist finish focuses on the essence of watchmaking, powered by an ultra-flat manufacture calibre housed in a rose gold case.
The IO Chronograph Tourbillon houses one of the most mechanical complications, the most difficult to produce and yet one of the commonest: the chronograph. What’s more, it’s regulated by the trickiest escapement to create: the tourbillon. And to orchestrate them, one of the most demanding aesthetic approaches has been adopted: the ultra-flat skeleton movement.
At 3 o’clock, the chronograph marks out 45 minutes, drawing attention just as much to the time being measured as to the workings behind it. Hysek has united technical and aesthetic aspects in a single opening, thus endowing the chronograph with a compelling sense of power and coherence.
Hysek has sought to make the 360-part calibre as slim as possible. To achieve this, the manufacture has removed the oscillating weight, making room for the micro-rotor. The ‘double yet continuous’ design of the latter has become a hallmark of the brand. Double, because it has two weights – one beneath the dial and one at the back. The first is made from 22-carat rose gold, the one on the back from platinum. They are continuous, too, because both are located at 6 o’clock and connected by a single shaft. This Hysek invention saves a great deal of space whilst offering winding capabilities as powerful as those of a traditional oscillating weight. As a result, the IO Chronograph Tourbillon has an automatic calibre that is only 13 mm thick – and a 48-hour power reserve.
To clad the piece, Hysek has drawn on the design codes that have forged its identity. At the top of the dial, only the 11 and 1 are shown, just as they are to be found on most of the timepieces ever produced by the manufacture. While the “3-6-8” tri-compax layout is as one would expect, the arrangement of the openings has been completely revisited. The tourbillon is located at 10 o’clock – an unusual position, but one that gives the IO an elegant poise.
Lastly, the manufacture has once again used its Rose des Vents compass rose finish – one of the most delicate to fashion, and completed wholly by hand. Here, it can be discerned on the tourbillon cage and on the plate visible on the dial side beneath the micro-rotor. All the angles and bridges are hand-polished and the surfaces guillocheed. For the colours, Hysek has gone for a sober look, with a 45 mm case made completely from rose gold, mounted on a black or chocolate-coloured alligator strap with a fold-over catch.
The IO Chronograph Tourbillon is available in a limited edition of 88 numbered pieces.
Hysek Calibre HW41
Hour & minute
Chronograph with 2 times column wheel
Weights in 22K gold and in platinum
45min counter at 3 o’clock
Small second on the tourbillon
Direct-drive in the center
Rose des Vents decoration
Autonomy: 48h + 3h
Case, dial and strap
Dimensions: Ø45mm x E13mm
18k rose gold
Water resistance 30m
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection
Multi-layered and open-worked dial
Hysek fold-over buckle
Bracelet in alligator
Price under request
- ► 2017 (727)
- ► 2016 (1563)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2439)
- ► 2013 (1672)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1424)
- ► 2009 (2063)
- ► 2008 (517)