Kairos Watches, the creators of the first and only true hybrid mechanical smart watch, is ready to debut its fully functional and final production watches at the SwissCreativeLab exhibition during Baselworld 2015.
The hybrid mechanical smart watch is the first watch to integrate a Swiss or Japanese powered automatic movement with a fully functioning electronic smart watch in the same watch, ingeniously utilizing a semi-transparent screen that displays smartphone notifications. Kairos Watches came together one piece at a time. From the start, Kairos Watches adopted a “customers first” culture. Pre-order customers took part in deciding the final design of the watches through voting, demonstrating a clear dedication among Kairos’ fan base. After several rounds of research and testing, the startup is readying its highly anticipated watches for wider availability, and the first batch of hybrid watches will soon be on the wrists of early supporters around the world.
Kairos Watches Hybrid Mechanical Smart Watch
The Hybrid Mechanical Smart Watch is the flagship of Kairos Watches and the result of a technologically pioneering effort to integrate a transparent organic LED (TOLED) display into a wearable form factor, while including a prestigious Swiss or Japanese automatic movement. It brings together the timelessness of mechanical movements and the connected convenience of a smart watch into a single timepiece, sporting a contemporary design with an injection of traditional horological design.
Kairos Watches T-band
Watches are meant to last and often have significant sentimental value for the owner. The Kairos Watches T-band is a unique solution for those who want to adapt to modern times without giving up the essence of their watch by embedding smart watch technologies into the band of the watch. There will be three variants for the T-band: the fitness-friendly and classy T-Band ND (No Display), the subtly informative T-Band HD (Hidden Display), which displays notifications but hides away when off, and the powerful T-Band OD (PMOLED Display), which incorporates a curved PMOLED display to richly mirror notifications. The T-Band strap is compatible with most lug ends, modernizing even the most classic of watches. All three T-band models have optical heart rate sensors, will feature NFC for mobile payments, and are compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone devices.
Watches should be designed to last beyond traditional product cycles seen in the technology industry. Kairos designed its timepieces with adaptability in mind—any of the components of the Hybrid Mechanical Smart Watch can be serviced and upgraded, ensuring your watch remains at the forefront of trending technology.
Staying connected is all in the wrist with the Kairos app, which connects your watch to your iOS, Android, or Windows Phone smartphone. Messages, emails, calls, and social media notifications are pushed to your timepiece so you’ll never miss a beat. Camera functions and music playback can be controlled remotely through the watch, and pre-set text messages can be sent when your hands are tied up. Kairos Watches will keep track of every step you take towards your fitness goals with activity and sleep tracking powered by Misfit®. The T-band, with its optical heart rate sensor and galvanic skin response sensor (T-band ND only), will provide a more holistic view of your health.
What’s next for Kairos Watches?
Kairos Watches has already entered strategic collaborations with major companies, from
Microsoft® providing software engineers for Windows Phone integration to Misfit® providing powerful activity tracking capabilities for Kairos devices. As development continues, Kairos watches will continue to seek out strategic partnerships with other companies to provide a robust user experience for its customers. The first batch of Hybrid Mechanical Smart Watches will ship to pre-order customers in the second quarter of 2015.
SwissCreativeLab at Baselworld 2015
After months of development, Kairos Watches is ready to showcase its products to the public ahead of launch, during Baselworld 2015 in Switzerland. In association with SwissCreativeLab®, the premier exhibition for independent Swiss brands, Kairos Watches will be exhibiting at Messe Basel Exhibition Centre, at the Ramada Plaza Hotel 30th floor SkyLounge from 19-26 March 2015.
About Kairos Watches
Founded by entrepreneur Sam Yang, Kairos Watches is a rising star in the smart accessory arena and first came to prominence with the launch of its hybrid mechanical smart watches in 2014.
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
- ► 2016 (1509)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)