Named 1770 after the year Manufacture Royale was founded, this timepiece newly embodies the daring and excellence which define the Manufacture. Its restrained and thoughtfully elaborated form is the continuation of a generous and creative style, though contours have been softened and remodelled to propose a watch that is both sober and contemporary. Entirely developed and manufactured in-house, its haute horlogerie movement incorporates a splendid flying tourbillon.
Since its creation, Manufacture Royale has devised, produced and decorated all its movements in the finest Swiss watchmaking tradition. The new MR03 calibre inside the 1770 watch is no exception to this rule. Developed from a blank page by the Manufacture's engineers and master-watchmakers, it showcases one of watchmaking's most refined technical sophistications: the flying tourbillon. This aesthetically pleasing and visually spectacular construction leaves the observer free to admire in all its splendour the movement of the escapement and the superlative finishing of its parts.
An essential component since it determines the watch's precision, here the escapement embraces the ultimate innovation with a pallet fork and escape wheel in silicon. Thanks to its resistance to variations in temperature and to magnetic fields, among other qualities, silicon makes an important contribution to the movement's performance. In this instance, the calibre also incorporates a screwed balance and a flat balance spring. The flying tourbillon, which makes one revolution in 60 seconds, is positioned asymmetrically at 7 o'clock. This unconventional choice creates a unique visual tension that gives the watch all its personality. In addition to hours and minutes, the 1770 incorporates a power-reserve indicator for an autonomy of 108 hours or four and a half days. Comprising 208 parts, the MR03 is hand-wound.
The eye is drawn along a succession of smooth curves, beginning with the domed crystal that protects the dial, whose gadrooned bezel delicately overflows to form a rim. Embodied by the brancards, the case middle shows rounded flanks. The crown is polished with the initials "MR" engraved in its centre.
The back of the case is entirely open to reveal the splendour of the movement. The exterior of the 1770 watch is a consummate example of Swiss haute horlogerie in both its aesthetic, imagined by the acclaimed watch designer Eric Giroud, and the flawless crafting and finishing of its parts. Alternating polished, straight-grained and satin finishes, the rose gold case is set with 148 brilliant-cut diamonds delicately placed in two rows. Made from 20 separate elements, the case measures 43mm in diameter.
Dimensions: 30.9 mm diameter
Number of parts: 208
Number of jewels: 19
Power reserve: 108 hours
Frequency: 3Hz, 21,600 vibrations/hour
Plate and bridges
- Entirely hand-decorated: straight-grained, black-polished, chamfered and perlage
- Main-plate with Côtes de Genève, 5N engraving
- Silicon escape wheel and pallet fork
- One rotation/minute
Balance spring: Flat
Hours, minutes, power reserve
18k rose gold set with 148 brilliant-cut diamonds (1.23 cts)
Dimensions: 43 mm diameter / 11.72 mm height
Number of parts: 20
Crown: MR logo, sanded, hand-polished
Hour markers, diamond-polished by hand
Aperture at 7 o'clock
Power-reserve indicator at 10 o'clock
Alligator, alligator lining, hand-rolled edges
Buckle: Pin, hand-polished
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Revealed at SIHH 2017, the Reverso Tribute Duo with its pink gold case boasts two contrasting dials – both equally refined and each displayi...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
F.P. Journe presents the third and last edition of the Vagabondage Series, “Vagabondage III”, produced in a limited series of 69 pieces in P...
- ► 2016 (1562)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)