With the Chronotimer Series 1, Porsche Design presents a timepiece influenced by legendary watch models. At the same time, the new Chronotimer models are the first complete series of watches developed completely independently by the luxury brand. The principles of the Series 1 correspond with those laid out by Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche for the very first watch he designed in 1972: optimal readability, technical perfection, the highest quality materials and an absolute focus on functionality. The new Porsche Design Chronotimer Series 1 will be launched in June 2015.
With the black Chronograph I in the early 1970s, Porsche Design anticipated a trend which is now an integral part of the watch industry, and which was revolutionary at the time. For Porsche Design, however, the matt black design had a purely functional background: the watch was reminiscent of the non-reflective instruments found in racing cars, where everything but the numbers and the hands are matt black. This prevented unwanted reflections and allowed the driver to easily tell the time. The Chronotimer Series 1 continues this tradition. The result is a puristic and timeless precision instrument without decorative details and flourishes.
Functionality and aesthetics were equal partners in the mind of Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, with neither taking priority over the other, and this conviction held by the designer set a trend that applies to this day. Nothing is there just for decoration: the impressively defined shapes are derived from the functionality and made from carefully selected, authentic materials that are assembled with highly skilled workmanship.
The Porsche Design Chronotimer Series 1 was developed entirely by Porsche Design Timepieces AG, based in the Solothurn (Switzerland), and was also manufactured in Switzerland. It is based on both the legendary Chronograph I timepiece from 1972 and the Titanium Chronograph from 1980. The characteristics of the first completely independently designed series of watches are timeless and modern: the band and the case of the Chronotimer are made from glass-bead blasted titanium, which is then painted matt black using a special process. The diameter of the case is 42 millimetres. Inside the watch ticks a mechanical ETA Valjoux 7750 chronograph mechanism with a power reserve of 48 hours and a date display beside the number “3”. The blackened sapphire crystal case back that shows the inner workings of the exclusive, energy-optimised Porsche Design rotor is a real eye-catcher. The Chronotimer Series 1 is waterproof up to five bar.
Model: Porsche Design Chronotimer Series 1
Calibre ETA Valjoux 7750, self-winding mechanical chronograph
Porsche Design Icon rotor
48 hour power reserve
28,800 vibrations per hour
Notification of hours, minutes and seconds
Stopwatch functionality [seconds, minutes and hours]
Matt black glass bead-blasted and galvanic dial
Circular brushed chapter ring
Matt white numerals
Matt white and matt grey indices
Black galvanic and high-polish white luminescent bar indices
Black galvanic and high-polish Porsche Design Icon
Small seconds hand at 9 o’clock
30-minute counter at 12 o’clock and 12-hour counter at 6 o’clock circular brushed with polished edges
Date indicator at 3 o’clock
Black galvanic and high-polish white luminescent hour and minute hands
Matt white small seconds hand
Matt red chronograph second hand
Matt white chronograph hour and minute hands with matt red tips
Glass bead-blasted titanium case with black coating
Diameter 42 mm; height 14.62 mm
Tachymeter scale on the bezel
Convex, scratch-resistant and double-coated anti-reflective sapphire crystal
Screwed case back with black-tinted sapphire crystal opening
Water-resistant to 5 bar
Glass bead-blasted titanium bracelet with black coating
Glass bead blasted double folding deployant clasp with push button release made of titanium and stainless steel with black coating
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
- ► 2016 (1521)
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. L15 Limited Edition
- Ernest Borel Cocktail Collection
- Eterna Adventic GMT with in-house 3914A calibre
- Eterna Super KonTiki
- RJ-Romain Jerome Steampunk Tourbillon
- CERTINA DS Action Chronograph
- CERTINA DS Stella
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- FRANC VILA FVns81 Tourbillon Réveil Manufacture (A...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Chocolate - The Special 5th ...
- Balmain Swiss Watches - Balmainia Chrono Lady Arab...
- Hublot Opens Its New Boutique in Shenyang Charter ...
- HUBLOT - Big Bang Ferrari Carbon King Gold & Big B...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Unico Bi-retrograde Chronograph fo...
- Tissot PRS 516 New Version
- Paul Picot Chrono Gentleman Minoia 2 Black DLC
- Paul Picot Atelier - The Dragon e Fish date
- Paul Picot Megarotor GMT with Grand Feu Enamel Dia...
- Harry Winston Midnight Date Moonphase Automatic 42...
- Harry Winston Midnight Diamond Stalactites Automat...
- Gc LadyChic Turquoise Python
- Gc LadyChic Collection
- Gc-3 Mechanical Chronograph Limited Edition
- Harry Winston Premier Lace 31mm
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Butterfly Automatic...
- Girard-Perregaux Vintage 1945 70th Anniversary Edi...
- Lebeau-Courally Phase De Lune
- Antoine Preziuso - The Tourbillon of Tourbillons
- JEANRICHARD Bronze Terrascope
- JEANRICHARD Blue Terrascope 44 mm (With blue textu...
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope GMT
- JEANRICHARD Terrascope Chrono Carbon Limited Editi...
- HYT H1 Cigar Limited Edition
- HYT - H2 FULL BRONZE & H2 FULL GUN
- Harry Winston Premier Shinde Automatic 36mm
- Harry Winston Avenue Dual Time Automatic
- Eberhard & Co. Gilda Grand Pavé
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Special Edition Precision...
- Bulova 140th Anniversary Limited Edition Statue of...
- Champs Élysées - Collection Rive Blanche
- Bulgari Roma 40th Anniversary Collection
- BALL Watch - The BALL for BMW TimeTrekker
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Kelvin
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Lady Glow
- Rolex Oyster Perpetual Lady-Datejust 28
- TAG Heuer CARRERA Heuer 01
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Super Navigator - Av...
- BALL Watch Engineer II Volcano
- BALL Watch Engineer II Green Berets
- BALL Watch Engineer Hydrocarbon Aero GMT
- BALL Watch Trainmaster Moon Phase
- BALL Watch Engineer Master II Skindiver II
- Milus Zetios Automatic (Reference: ZET200)
- MATHEY-TISSOT – Smart 6940PM
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Steel with Openwork Skelet...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Rose gold & diamonds
- Manufacture Royale Androgyne Origine 245th Anniver...
- Gc Bold Chronograph, 44mm
- Fendi Timepieces – Fendi My Way Limited Editions
- Eberhard & Co. Extra‐Fort Automatic (New Dial Vers...
- Champs Élysées Collection Estelle
- CATOREX C’Attitude Voyager Quartz
- Bulgari Diagono Magnesium
- Luminox XCOR Valjoux Automatic Chronograph
- Tickoprint ® - Professional Watch Analyzer Applica...
- Luminox ANU Chronograph 4240 series
- Lebeau-Courally: Guns & Watches!!!!
- OMEGA Constellation Pluma (New Version with light ...
- OMEGA De Ville Prestige Dewdrop
- OMEGA Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon - New Vers...
- TRIARROWS launches its second crowd funding campai...
- OMEGA Speedmaster White Side of the Moon
- OMEGA Speedmaster ‘57 (New Edition)
- OMEGA Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award Li...
- Luminox Navy SEAL Colormark 25th Anniversary (3050...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe
- Jean d'Eve Sectora II Automatic Black DLC
- HYT H3
- Hysek IO 45mm Skeleton Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Chronograph Tourbillon
- Hysek IO 45mm Jumping Hours Tourbillon
- Hysek Abyss 44mm Automatic Tourbillon
- Versace V-RAY Chronograph
- Versace V-METAL ICON
- Voutilainen 28 Oukamon
- Roamer Rotodate RD 100
- Roamer Superior Day Date
- ROAMER SEAROCK Ladies
- Zenith Elite 6150
- Zenith El Primero Sport
- Breguet B Crazy Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Rêve De Plume Haute Joaillerie
- Breguet Reine De Naples Haute Joaillerie 8909
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9807 & 9808...
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Breguet Marine Chronographe “200 Ans De Marine” 58...
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Automatic Edition “AMG ...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph QEII Cup 201...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art Savoirs Enluminé...
- ▼ March 2015 (372)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)