Since its launch in 2012, the Bulgari Octo has rapidly acquired central status within the collections, following in the wake of the Octo models with retrograde displays launched in 2010. In barely three years, this model has earned a special place among the surrounding watch creations. A formal sophisticated approach and freshly defined aesthetic codes enable Octo to deploy its aesthetic charms across a broad range and to fully assert its potential, as emphasised by the new releases for 2015.
OCTO FINISSIMO TOURBILLON
Last year’s presentation of the world’s thinnest tourbillon was a global-scale event that had a considerable impact among connoisseurs of extreme high-end watchmaking. This year, Bulgari has decided to treat all those wishing to measure time thanks to this beautiful instrument by offering various interpretations driven by super-slim mechanisms.
Finissimo Tourbillon calibre, ultra-thin hand-wound flying tourbillon Manufacture movement making one turn per minute
The slimmest ever made at 1.95 mm thick
Casing diameter: 32.00mm
Total diameter: 32.60mm
21,600 vph (3 Hz) frequency
Tourbillon carriage: 1.95 mm thick, mounted on ultra-thin ball bearings driven from the outside
Variable-inertia balance requiring no index
Approx. 55-hour power reserve
High-end finishes: bevelling, Côtes de Genève
Case, dial and strap (Pink gold version)
18ct pink gold case, 40 mm in diameter
Total thickness of the watch: 5.00mm
Polished black lacquered dial
Black alligator leather strap
The mechanical hand-wound OctoFinissimo watch is available in two different interpretations, both endowed with a 55-hour power reserve, recognisable by the small seconds hand appearing on a subdial at 7 o’clock, and also fitted with a black alligator leather strap.
Finissimo calibre, ultra-thin hand-wound Manufacture movement: 2.23 mm thick
36.60 mm in diameter
Indication of the hours and minutes offset small seconds between 7 and 8 o’clock
Power- reserve display on the back
28,800 vph (4 Hz)
Approx. 65-hour power reserve
Circular-grained main plate vertical, Côtes de Genève
Case, dial and strap
18ct pink gold or platinum( bezel set with diamonds), 40 mm diameter
Scratch-resistant glare-proofed sapphire crystal
Transparent case-back revealing the movement
Platinum crown with ceramic insert (Platinum model)
Total thickness 5.15 mm
Water-resistant to 30 m
Polished black lacquered dial; facetted and rhodiumed hands
Black alligator leather strap with 18 ct pink gold or platinum pin buckle
With the Solotempo range, Octo focuses strictly on essentials, indicating the hours, minutes and seconds as well as a date in a window at 3 o’clock. It is powered by the self-winding Manufacture BVL 191 movement with a 42-hour power reserve.
The diameter of the case has been deliberately reduced to 38 mm for this line, thereby enabling this classic and now timeless watch to embrace the resolutely modern style based on more modest diameters. Three variations are on offer.
Solotempo calibre, self-winding Manufacture movement entirely designed, developed and produced in-house
28,800 vph (4 Hz)
42-hour power reserve
26.20mm x 3.80mm
Hours, minutes and seconds, date window at 3 o’clock
Bidirectional oscillating weight mounted on ceramic ball bearings
Instant date change, equipped with a stop-seconds mechanism serving to lock the balance-wheel when the crown is pulled out; disconnecting system serving to avoid wear of the pinions and to save energy when the winding mechanism is in action, either via the crown or via the movement of the oscillating weight
Côtes de Genève, snailed and sandblasted decoration; bevelled and polished bridge rims, circular satin-brushed wheels, burnished pivots, chamfered holes; domed and polished screw heads
Case, dial and strap
Steel or 18 ct pink gold case, 38 mm in diameter;
Black lacquered or silver-toned dial depending on the version;
Alligator strap or steel or steel/gold bracelet, depending on the version
OCTO TOURBILLON FULL DIAMONDS & OCTO BI-RETROGRADE FULL DIAMONDS
Octo also knows how to shine in truly dazzling brilliance by appearing paved with 262 baguette-cut diamonds adorning the white gold case. Skilfully paved using the invisible setting technique, the dial displays a perfectly smooth surface composed of 178 baguette-cut diamonds highlighting the tourbillon device. The crown itself is set with 8 baguette-cut diamonds and a brilliant-cut diamond. In another interpretation, baguette-cut diamonds clothe to perfection the Octo Bi-Retrograde and its distinctive black ceramic displays creating a striking contrast with the pristine purity of the gems.
BVL 263 calibre, self-winding Manufacture movement entirely designed, developed and produced in-house
21,600 vph (3 Hz)
64-hour power reserve
28.60 mm x 5.95 mm
Tourbillon device on a sapphire bridge
Côtes de Genèves and circular graining
22ct gold oscillating weight
Indication of the hours and minutes
Case, dial and strap
22 ct white gold 41 mm-diameter case, set with 262 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 11.20 cts)
Crown set with 8 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 0.15 cts) and 1 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.22 cts)
18ct white gold case-back fitted with transparent sapphire crystal pane
Water-resistant to 30 m
Dial with full “invisible setting” composed of 178 baguette-cut diamonds (approx. 6.75 cts), opening revealing the tourbillon carriage
Black alligator leather strap equipped with a double-blade folding clasp set with 35 diamonds (approx.1.24 cts)
OCTO BI-RETROGRADE FULL DIAMONDS
Retro GG7722 calibre, self-winding Manufacture movement entirely designed, developed and produced in-house
28,800 vph (3 Hz)
45-hour power reserve
25.60 mm x 5.53 mm, 35 jewels
Jumping hours, retrograde minutes and retrograde date
Case, dial and strap
18 ct white gold 43 mm-diameter case, adorned with baguette-cut diamonds using the “invisible setting” technique
18ct white gold screw-lock crown set with a specially cut solitaire diamond
Water-resistant to 100 m
Dial with full “invisible setting” composed of baguette-cut diamonds
Minutes and date sectors made from ceramic marquetry
Black alligator leather strap equipped with a double-blade folding clasp set with 35 diamonds (approx. 1.24 cts).
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Anonimo reinforces its presence in Verbier and announces a new partnership with the W Hotel in the Place Blanche. Present this year in the s...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
Japanese watchmaker CITIZEN has announced their foray into online retail with the launch of their Online Store (www.citizenshop.me), accessi...
As part of its expansion in the Russian and eastern European markets, Hublot – alongside Mercury, its long-standing partner – increases its ...
The Vintage Style Calendar is the French watch brand William L. 1985's latest offering and has a brand new canvas blue style textile str...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
This exclusive limited edition timepiece incorporates two innovations. Firstly, the watch case is made from Magic Gold, the first scratch-re...
German watch manufacture Moritz Grossmann has partnered with master watchmaker Christophe Schaffo to create the ATUM Skelett, a one-of-a-kin...
- ► 2016 (1563)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)