In 2015, Caran d’Ache celebrates its 100th anniversary: 100 years of creativity, quality and innovation.
The company was founded in 1915 as the “Fabrique genevoise de crayons”. Then in 1924 it was acquired by Arnold Schweitzer and renamed “Caran d’Ache” in honour of the famous French illustrator, Emmanuel Poiré. The company initially specialised in graphite and coloured pencils and diversified its activities to include wax oil pastels, mechanical pencils and the first ballpoint pens. The decades that followed, when the manufacture moved to Thônex in 1974, saw the development of international sales with original lines of artists’ materials and fine writing instruments. As the unique Swiss manufacturer of pencils, fine arts materials and luxury writing instruments, Caran d’Ache is rightly seen as an exceptional company.
From its earliest days, concern for people and the environment have been central to its values. All the pencils are certified FSC. The company methods received certifications that prove its commitment to environment. Through its support for the arts and its commitment to sustainable development, Caran d’Ache combines corporate responsibility with its devotion to excellence and high quality. To meet this important ambition, every design is not only artistic but also symbolises the synergy of traditional and unique art crafts. In the workshops, more than 90 skills are involved in the creation of unique products admired around the world. Their daring and inventive designs draw on a century of expertise and promise a brilliant future.
As a token of this commitment, the Caran d’Ache Anniversary Collection pays tribute to five flagship products that represent a whole range of collector’s objects and timeless icons.
The Caran d’Ache Anniversary Collection
The Caran d’Ache Anniversary Collection consists of emblematic products that honour each creative area in the company. They are accompanied by the historical icon, “Bonne Mine”, created in the 1920s and reworked for this occasion. Each of them is presented in an embossed paper box with material and design both inspired by authentic boxes of the 1930s. Caran d’Ache presents the five essential products in chronological order: Technograph, Fixpencil, Prismalo, Ecridor and 849.
In the beginning was the pencil: a Caran d’Ache pencil for every trade, every use, and every passion. This was how the company developed its expertise in working with graphite, the basic material of the Technograph. The Technograph’s exceptional covering power makes it the essential tool for all lovers of graphite and pencil drawing.
What do the Fixpencil, Heidi and Berne’s Zytglogge clock tower have in common? They are all Swiss cultural emblems that have featured on a postage stamp! Fixpencil owes this honour both to its hexagonal shape, that has become the famous signature of Caran d’Ache, and to its excellent technical performance.
Open a box of Prismalo, admire the sparkling metal, the colours and the gold letters, savour the soft aroma of cedar wood… Every time is just like the first time, with Prismalo never failing to produce its unique sensations. Since its launch as the world’s first water-soluble pencil in 1931, it has introduced whole generations of artists and schoolchildren to the magic of watercolours. Its huge palette of shades, as well as the fineness and hardness of its leads make it simply indispensable.
With its noble materials and a mechanism of typically Swiss precision, the Ecridor ballpoint has represented the fusion of an authentic style and contemporary efficiency ever since 1953. To enhance the pleasure of holding it in the fingers, it is finely engraved with its original chevron representing courage and reliability, a demonstration of Caran d’Ache expertise in guillochage.
Created in the year that man first stepped onto the moon, the 849 was clearly destined to have a great future. This contemporary icon of Caran d’Ache reflects the intense cultural and creative activity of the 1960s. Chic and cool, it has the famous hexagonal form inspired by the shape of a pencil for great writing comfort every day.
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
HOLOS is a young watch brand based in Singapore. Keeping to a modernist philosophy of clean lines and functional aesthetic, and after 2 year...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- ► 2016 (1527)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)