According to legend, on New Year’s Eve the Emperor of Jade called all the animals to an unusual meeting, but only twelve accepted the invitation. So the Emperor gave them a special gift: a whole year would be dedicated to each animal and would carry its name.
In 2015, Caran d’Ache celebrates the start of the Year of the Goat in the Chinese zodiac calendar by launching a new creation, the “Year of the Goat” limited edition. With its lively intelligence and mischievous spirit, the goat represents creativity, imagination and the refined arts. It is a dreamer, open to inspiration that is always searching for inner peace and beauty.
The writing instrument is produced in the pure manufacturing tradition of Haute Ecriture. It depicts the vigorous goat bursting out of a brilliant background of black Chinese lacquer that has been patiently applied, coat after coat, in the ancient technique.
The “Year of the Goat” edition is limited to 888 pieces as a subtle reference to Chinese culture. The “Year of the Goat” limited edition joins the other exceptional pieces in the Caran d’Ache Artist Collection. Produced in noble materials, it is a superb embodiment of the company’s expertise.
- Limited to 888 fountain pens and 888 roller pens with gold-plated trim.
- Body and cap: goat depicted in rhodium-finished silver on brilliantly polished black Chinese lacquer. Caran d’Ache Chinese seal in red.
- Polishing reveals the brilliance of the black lacquer.
- “Swiss Made” and Caran d’Ache logo engraved on the ring of the writing instruments.
- Fountain pen can be used with an ink pump or Caran d’Ache cartridges.
- Fountain pen nib in 18-carat rhodium-finished gold, available on request in 3 widths (M, F, B).
- Roller pen uses a Caran d’Ache roller-point cartridge.
- Presented in a valuable lacquered wooden box accompanied by two certificates: Caran d’Ache Limited Edition, and Authentic Chinese lacquer.