Joining the proud lineage of L.U.C 1963 and L.U.C 1963 Chronograph watches, the L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon is a concentrated blend of the very best in Chopard haute horlogerie. Its finely crafted dial is in Grand Feu enamel. Its tourbillon movement is COSC certified and boasts a nine-day power reserve.
1963 was the year when the Scheufele family became the owners of Chopard. A discreet tribute to the family tradition, L.U.C 1963 watches directly evoke the aesthetic of the pocket watches made by the company at that time. These historical roots are also a source of horological inspiration. The spirit of Chopard Manufacture is about perpetuating the historical production quality of the brand founder, Louis-Ulysse Chopard.
The grand watchmaking tradition is vividly embodied in the dial of the new L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon with its strikingly luminous character, its intense whiteness and its natural glow. It is crafted in accordance with the traditional Grand Feu enamelling technique and composed of a plate dusted with enamel powder and then fired at high temperature (900°C), hence the French term Grand Feu (literally ‘great fire’). The manual, artisan-style operation is repeated several times and always implies the risk of damaging the dial.
L.U.C Calibre 02.19-L1 is an evolved and 0.6 mm slimmer version of the 02.01-L movement. Chopard thereby leaves more room for the enamel dial that is naturally slightly thicker than the average. This exceptional calibre powers a tourbillon at 6 o’clock as well as a nine-day power reserve. The Tourbillon Bridge features only two attachment points compared with the usual four. Delicately open worked and pared down to essentials, it is also meticulously chamfered and satin-brushed to set the crowning touch to the movement finishing.
In accordance with the wish expressed by Karl-Friedrich Scheufele, co-president of Chopard and founder of Chopard Manufacture, the rating precision of the L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon is certified by the COSC, as indeed are all L.U.C watches with a seconds indication. This model also bears the Poinçon de Genève, guaranteeing the extremely high level of finishing on its components. They are indeed chamfered, straight-grained, circular-grained and/or polished, depending on their position and function within the movement. This certification has recently been enriched and now encompasses the entire watch, its parts, its rating regularity, as well as its case.
This refinement is indeed the guiding principle behind the creation of this haute horlogerie watch. The meticulous finishing of all its parts matches the exclusive nature of its dial. The quality of its mechanical construction is accentuated by the practical usefulness of its generous power reserve. Its rigorous timekeeping precision mingles with the kinetic beauty of its tourbillon.
Model: L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon
Ref. 161970-5001 – in 18ct rose gold
Limited edition of 100 pieces
18ct rose gold
Total diameter: 40 mm
Thickness: 10.60 mm
Water resistance: 50 metres
18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo: 7.50 mm
Vertical satin-brushed case middle
Polished bezel and case-back
Glare-proofed sapphire crystal
Hand-wound movement: L.U.C 02.19-L1
Total diameter: 29.70 mm
Thickness: 5.50 mm
Number of jewels: 33
Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
Power reserve: 216 hours
Four barrels - Quattro® technology
Mainplate and bridges in rhodiumed brass
Côtes de Genève adorned bridges
“Chronometer” certified (COSC)
Poinçon de Genève
Dial and hands
White Grand Feu enamel dial with black transfers
Gilt Dauphine hour and minute hands
Gilt small seconds hand and power-reserve pointer
Railtrack chapter ring
Functions and displays
Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
Central display of the hours and minutes
Small seconds displayed at 6 o’clock on the tourbillon carriage and power-reserve
Strap and buckle
Hand-sewn brown alligator leather strap with alligator lining
18ct rose gold pin buckle
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
- ► 2016 (1518)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)