Joining the proud lineage of L.U.C 1963 and L.U.C 1963 Chronograph watches, the L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon is a concentrated blend of the very best in Chopard haute horlogerie. Its finely crafted dial is in Grand Feu enamel. Its tourbillon movement is COSC certified and boasts a nine-day power reserve.
1963 was the year when the Scheufele family became the owners of Chopard. A discreet tribute to the family tradition, L.U.C 1963 watches directly evoke the aesthetic of the pocket watches made by the company at that time. These historical roots are also a source of horological inspiration. The spirit of Chopard Manufacture is about perpetuating the historical production quality of the brand founder, Louis-Ulysse Chopard.
The grand watchmaking tradition is vividly embodied in the dial of the new L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon with its strikingly luminous character, its intense whiteness and its natural glow. It is crafted in accordance with the traditional Grand Feu enamelling technique and composed of a plate dusted with enamel powder and then fired at high temperature (900°C), hence the French term Grand Feu (literally ‘great fire’). The manual, artisan-style operation is repeated several times and always implies the risk of damaging the dial.
L.U.C Calibre 02.19-L1 is an evolved and 0.6 mm slimmer version of the 02.01-L movement. Chopard thereby leaves more room for the enamel dial that is naturally slightly thicker than the average. This exceptional calibre powers a tourbillon at 6 o’clock as well as a nine-day power reserve. The Tourbillon Bridge features only two attachment points compared with the usual four. Delicately open worked and pared down to essentials, it is also meticulously chamfered and satin-brushed to set the crowning touch to the movement finishing.
In accordance with the wish expressed by Karl-Friedrich Scheufele, co-president of Chopard and founder of Chopard Manufacture, the rating precision of the L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon is certified by the COSC, as indeed are all L.U.C watches with a seconds indication. This model also bears the Poinçon de Genève, guaranteeing the extremely high level of finishing on its components. They are indeed chamfered, straight-grained, circular-grained and/or polished, depending on their position and function within the movement. This certification has recently been enriched and now encompasses the entire watch, its parts, its rating regularity, as well as its case.
This refinement is indeed the guiding principle behind the creation of this haute horlogerie watch. The meticulous finishing of all its parts matches the exclusive nature of its dial. The quality of its mechanical construction is accentuated by the practical usefulness of its generous power reserve. Its rigorous timekeeping precision mingles with the kinetic beauty of its tourbillon.
Model: L.U.C 1963 Tourbillon
Ref. 161970-5001 – in 18ct rose gold
Limited edition of 100 pieces
18ct rose gold
Total diameter: 40 mm
Thickness: 10.60 mm
Water resistance: 50 metres
18ct rose gold crown with L.U.C logo: 7.50 mm
Vertical satin-brushed case middle
Polished bezel and case-back
Glare-proofed sapphire crystal
Hand-wound movement: L.U.C 02.19-L1
Total diameter: 29.70 mm
Thickness: 5.50 mm
Number of jewels: 33
Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
Power reserve: 216 hours
Four barrels - Quattro® technology
Mainplate and bridges in rhodiumed brass
Côtes de Genève adorned bridges
“Chronometer” certified (COSC)
Poinçon de Genève
Dial and hands
White Grand Feu enamel dial with black transfers
Gilt Dauphine hour and minute hands
Gilt small seconds hand and power-reserve pointer
Railtrack chapter ring
Functions and displays
Tourbillon at 6 o’clock
Central display of the hours and minutes
Small seconds displayed at 6 o’clock on the tourbillon carriage and power-reserve
Strap and buckle
Hand-sewn brown alligator leather strap with alligator lining
18ct rose gold pin buckle
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- ► 2016 (1572)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird in Pink Gold
- ▼ April 2015 (299)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)