The Klepcys Mars Collection by CYRUS is very exclusive timepiece with a strong identity and innovative ways of displaying time, date and the MARS complication.
This watch pays tribute to two important milestones in the history of Human civilisation. First was the conquest of Cyrus. In 539 BC Babylon the Great falls at the feet of Cyrus. Upon crossing the legendary city walls and after seeing the Ziggurat (a 91- metre high tower in the heart of Babylon, which back then was considered as the gateway between Heaven and Earth), Cyrus pointed his finger towards the MARS and expressed his desire to conquer the red planet.
The second milestone was NASA’s first ever encounter with MARS planet. In July 1976, Some 2,500 years later, the Viking 1 probe by NASA was sent around the red planet to take a series of pictures in order to find a good landing site for Viking 2.
To celebrate these landmarks in the history, in March 2012, Julien and Laurent Lecamp (the 2 double cousins, founders of the CYRUS brand), in collaboration with the famous astronaut watchmaker Jean-François Mojon, captured the face of Mars and decided to produce two limited editions of 33 timepieces. The Red Planet inside these CYRUS watches rotates at the same speed as it does in the universe that is every 24 hours, 37 minutes and 22 seconds.
This patented alignment is based on a one-of-a-kind mechanism which controls the speed of the (retrograde and rotating) hours, minutes, and seconds wheels. As far as the date display is concerned the units digits (from 0 to 9) rest one on top of the other, while the tens digits change before the units digits. Once the tens digit reaches the figure 9, the figure moves in retrograde manner and rotates by 90 degrees. It simultaneously makes the away for the space for the next tens digit which is placed before the units digit 0. Finally, the tribute to the famous Tower of Babel, "which towered to the heavens", takes the form of a full moon with realistic crater images which links the watch to the sky.
KLEPCYS MARS COLLECTION
Models: Mars Black & Mars Red
Limited edition: 33 timepieces
Diameter: 48mm (crowns included), Patented design
Reference 539.102.B: Black DLC-coated titanium (Bezel in brushed black DLC-coated titanium, Case in polished black DLC-coated titanium, Lugs in brushed black DLC-coated titanium, Lug flanks in polished black DLC-coated titanium and crowns in Titanium
Reference 539.101.B: Titanium (Bezel in brushed titanium, Case in polished titanium, Lugs in brushed titanium, Lug flanks in polished titanium and crowns in Titanium)
Sapphire: Anti reflective sapphire glass perfectly matching the volume of the case. Dome protecting the Mars Lander.1 piece of a sapphire only (including the DOME).
Waterproof: 30 metres
Crown at 3 o’clock to set the date - with Cyrus logo on the outside
at 9 o’clock to set the time “keep the secret” - with Cyrus logo on the
outside – a lateral movement reveals the limited series number.
Position 0 of the crown: Manual winding (automatic movement)
Position 1 of the crown: Setting the time (in both directions)
Fully wound: 30 turns of the winding stem
Manufactured, automatic CYR599, 366 components, 28,800 vibrations/h, 4Hz
Power reserve: > 40 hours
Number of components: 366
Number of jewels: 38
Lift angle: 52°
Time function: Three-dimensional retrograde display mechanism. Display of hours, minutes and seconds on a movable axis, with a day/night indication. Precise control of the height of the retrograde hour hand with a ruby bearing
Calendar: Large date, three-dimensional retrograde tens, pivoting. Precise control of the height of the tens hand with a ruby bearing.
Mars Complcation: Three-dimensional sphere, 7.6mm in diameter. The rotation of Mars is at the same speed as in the universe: 24 hours 37 minutes and 22 seconds
Red dial with “Face of Mars” reproduction
Engraved “face of Mars” -handmade (inspired by original picture of the “face” taken by the VIKING 1probe in 1976 by the NASA)
Rotor: Ceramic non-lubricated ball bearings
Back of the case
18mm diameter medallion in 18K red gold on the back of the timepiece –engraved by hand. Inspired by the story of Cyrus The Great (2’500 years ago), this medallion depicts Cyrus on a winged horse setting off to conquer the planet Mars
The original stater coin is owned by CYRUS
Other special features
High inertia balance for greater adjustment stability
Springs sized using FEM (Finite Element Method)
Gears with optimised teeth (reduced play)
Stainless steel construction for better corrosion resistance
Special CYRUS screws
Rubber with 3D pyramids (reproducing the Martian landscape around the “face of Mars”. The pyramids –taken into pictures by the Viking 1 probe in 1976 -are the proof that a civilization was living on the red planet). Red stitching
Replacement strap: Crocodile, hand-sewn, black, tone on tone stitching
Clasp: Triple folding clasp. Design inspired by the shape of the case.
CYRUS logo on the cap
Anodized aluminium sphere with a Swiss Kubik motor in the centre for winding the timepiece
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Re-Belle, the wonderful ladies’ watch collection from the luxury Swiss watch brand CVSTOS, now welcome new iterations. After a first succes...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird in Pink Gold
- ▼ April 2015 (299)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)