Luxury watch manufacture Leroy is renewing ties with traditional Haute Horlogerie through its new timepiece Chronomètre Observatoire from Osmior collection. This authentic timepiece is a reference to the inventions of the 18th century master-watchmakers and features the fundamental principles of horological science, inspired by the work of Pierre Le Roy (1717 – 1785), “the father of modern chronometry”.
The Osmior Chronometre Observatoire is equipped with the new-generation hand-wound L200 manufacture movement entirely developed and built in Le Sentier(Switzerland) and equipped with an escapement with direct impulse on the balance, balance-spring with double terminal curve and parallel-mounted twin barrels. The movement is housed within an elegant round gold case (5N red gold, white gold or two-tone 950 palladium and 5N red gold) with a 38 or 40 mm diameter, framing a refined solid silver dial adorned with hand-guilloché “barleycorn” motifs inspired by 19th century Leroy pocket watches.
This original calibre, featuring an escapement with direct impulse on the balance (1 impulse/1 oscillation) that transmits constant energy to the regulating organ and ensures its excellent rating precision, stems from the imagination and research of master-watchmaker Karsten Frässdorf.
It also serves to neutralise the “Caspari effect” based on the discoveries made by Pierre Le Roy whose empirical approach showed that there is for every balance spring a certain length that endows it with perfect isochronism. By using the “Brun Cage” (an invention by the watchmaker M.J. Brun in around 1900), the position of the balance-spring stud may be varied by 360 degrees, thus enabling the setter or timer to choose the best pinning point and also to determine the outer terminal curve. The calibre oscillates at a rate of 18,000 vph (2.5 Hz) and features parallel-mounted twin barrels and 42 jewels including four synthetic diamond jewels.
The Chronomètre Observatoire model provides a central display of the hours and minutes via cut out “Corteault” shaped steel hands and also features the stop-seconds function. A small subdial at 6 o’clock shows the passing of the seconds by means of a “duplex” jump (thus named in tribute to Pierre Le Roy and his Duplex escapement) consisting in a short jump followed by a longer one. A lozenge-shaped aperture at 9 o’clock reveals the disc providing the 98-hour power-reserve indication (IRM). From 0 to 60 hours, the disc remains the same colour as the dial, while from 60 to 80 hours, it switches to white; and beyond 80 hours appears in red to signal that the autonomy is nearly depleted: a highly appreciable, useful and extremely discreet function entirely in tune with the dial.
The design also scrupulously respects the signature characteristics of the works of art created by Leroy in previous centuries, while also corresponding to current tastes and trends. The round case embodies subtle stylistic sophistication expressed in three versions: 5N red gold, palladium-coated (non rhodiumed) white gold and a two-tone variation. It is composed of three parts: a satin-brushed bezel, a circular saint-brushed case middle and polished gadroons. The glare-proofed sapphire crystal case-back enables the collector to admire the beauty of the calibre with its entirely hand-crafted finishes.
The solid 925 silver dial highlights the central “barleycorn” guilloché decoration performed in keeping with the finest Haute Horlogerie traditions. The applied gold Arabic numerals stand out clearly against the snailing on the outer segment, while the finely snailed small seconds subdial ensures perfect visual balance.
The timepiece is tamed with a hand-sewn alcantara-lined alligator leather strap secured by a pin buckle or folding clasp.
Each Chronomètre Observatoire watch is individually numbered and delivered with its own chronometer rating certificate issued by Besançon Observatory. The latter tests the entire watch ‘head’ (meaning a fully cased up model not yet fitted with its strap/bracelet) in a comprehensive manner involving 15 consecutive days of testing in every position, and each mainplate is hallmarked with the famous “Viper’s Head”.
Mechanical hand-wound movement
Dimensions: 15’’’ in diameter & 4.5 mm thick
Jewels: 38 in sapphire and 4 in diamond
Power reserve: 98 hours
Frequency: 18,000 vph (2.5 Hz)
Barrel and wheels: in CuBe (copper/beryllium)
Escapement and regulating organ
Direct impulse on the balance (1 impulse/oscillation)
Unlocking lever with 2 diamond pallets
Unlocking adjustable diamond impulse pin
Brun cage, balance-spring stud and pinning positions variable over 360°
Balance-spring with double terminal curve: 1 inner curve and 1 outer curve
Central hours and minutes
Small second at 6 o’clock
Power-reserve indicator at 9 o’clock
18K 5N red gold – non-rhodiumed 18K 150PD white gold – two-tone non-rhodiumed 18K 150PD white gold and 5N red gold
Diameter: 38mm or40mm
Thickness: 9.7mm (38mm), respectively10.50mm (40mm)
Circular satin-brushed case middle – satin-brushed bezel and polished gadroons
Polished caseback and dial fitted with glareproofed sapphire crystals
Water resistance to 3 ATM
Solid 925 silver
Applied 18K gold Arabic numerals
LEROY steel hands: rhodiumed, 5N gold-plated or anthracite , or blued
Lozenge-shaped power-reserve indnciator at 9 o’clock
Barleycorn guilloche central motif
Snailed hours segment
Finely snailed small seconds subdial
Transferred minute track
Colour variations: opaline silver-toned – Leroy blue – Leroy champagne-toned – rosé champagne – slate grey
In hand-sewn brown, black or blue alligator leather with large square scales and alcantara lining
Pin buckle or double-blade folding clasp in 18K white gold or 5N red gold
Each Chronomètre Observatoire timepiece undergoes the chronometry certification procedure conducted at Besançon Observatory and earns a chronometer rating certificate that is delivered with the watch.
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
- ► 2016 (1519)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)