With AstroMoon, a moon phase tourbillon chronograph, Louis Moinet offers another blend of its exclusive watchmaking skill and ground breaking aesthetic approach.
AstroMoon takes up the brand’s main style codes: an aventurine dial, a column-wheel chronograph, and genuine meteorite fragments –combined for a limited edition of just 28 timepieces. The watch is adorned by what has become Louis Moinet’s signature style: dew-drop hands, a large tourbillon cage with curved bridges, a chronograph hand tipped by a star, and pushers that draw inspiration directly from the Compteur de Tierces, the first chronograph in history – invented by Louis Moinet in 1816. Amidst all this, the moon-phase complication is the most captivating. In similar fashion to the tourbillon positioned at 11 o’clock, it has been made as expansive as possible so that it can be admired in its entirety, against an aventurine backdrop.
This composition is characteristic of Louis Moinet,in this case from the Dhofar 459 meteorite. To date, only a hundred or so lunar meteorites have been identified worldwide. Most of them are on display in museums, with very few available for artistic use. These are extremely rare collector’s items for enthusiasts and experienced connoisseurs. What is more, Louis Moinet is the only watchmaking brand to offer meteorites from both the Moon and Mars in its creations. The new aesthetic approach enables AstroMoon to display a broad swath of its dial, made from aventurine.
To preserve that deep tranquility, the four screws on the tourbillon bridges and the chronograph counter are blue-tinted, as are their second and minute markers. In similar vein, the hands and bridges are also openwork, allowing the heavenly brightness of the aventurine to shine through.
Its 373 components boast a highly exclusive finish. The surfaces and angles have been hand-polished in the finest watchmaking tradition. The gold ruby gears and edging and the steel screws, block polished heads and slots emphasize the assertive character of this painstakingly crafted movement. The tourbillon and chronograph bridges are decorated with an engraving depicting the cosmos. Louis Moinet has chosen this legendary caliber not only for its exceptional technical performance and timelessness, but also for its artistic coherence with AstroMoon. Featuring a 50-hour power reserve, the movement is hand-wound and is visible through a generous crystal back
Features and functions
Hours & Minutes (central hands)
Seconds (displayed on tourbillon cage at 11 o’clock)
60-second chronograph (central hand)
30-minute chronograph counter (rotating disc at 3 o’clock)
Dial and hands
Luminous star-shaped chronograph hand, inspired by Mr Louis Moinet’s design for the Julius Caesar clock (1825)
Dew-drop “Gouttes de Rosée”® hours and minutes hands with luminous coating
Luminous diamond-cut hour markers
Hand worked aventurine dial
Moon phase shown by an aventurine disc containing two fragments of lunar meteorite Dhofar 459
Movement and finish
Manual tourbillon movement with chronograph function and moon phase
373-part LM29 caliber, manufactured by Louis Moinet on the basis of a historic caliber
Tourbillon cage: 1 rotation/minute
Oscillations: 21,600 vibrations per hour
Balance wheel: Glucydur, chronometer quality
Power reserve: 46 hours
Decoration: Hand-engraved tourbillon and chronograph bridges, polished bevelling, drawn rims, pearling, diamond-polished facets, circular gears with 2N colour finish and straight-line steel
Case and strap
Case: Original Louis Moinet® design comprising 49 different elements
Pusher: “Rose des vents” compass rose design
Material: 18-carat gold
Water resistance: 50 metres
Case back: Fitted with 7 screws, engraved with individual number and Louis Moinet symbols
Crystals: Two sapphire crystals with non-reflective coating on both faces
Crown protection: Patent pending
Distance between lugs: 24mm
Strap: Hand-sewn Louisiana alligator leather with alligator lining
Buckle: 18-carat gold folding clasp with fleur-de-lis motif
Louis Moinet book
LM-29.50.AV: 28 watches (5N 18-carat rose gold)
LM-29.70.AV: 28 watches (PD150 18-carat white gold)
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
- ► 2016 (1572)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird in Pink Gold
- ▼ April 2015 (299)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)