For nearly half a century, Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti (1935-2007) enthralled audiences around the world with his extraordinary performances and his exceptional vocal tone, making him opera’s first global superstar. Beyond his musical virtuosity on stage, he was also celebrated for his unique extravagances now captured in the design of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition, a writing tribute to the great opera icon.
While his legendary performance of the aria “Nessun dorma” fromPuccini’s opera “Turandot” made opera accessible to broader audiences, Pavarotti proved he was a dedicated humanitarian, bringing together the world’s best musicians across all genres for his “Pavarotti & Friends” concerts to raise millions of dollars forvocational and educational projects. Away from the limelight of world stages, Pavarotti also displayed the qualities of a true patron of the arts, dedicating much of his time to nurturing young up-and-coming singers with free private singing lessons. Every detail of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition created by Montblanc master craftsmen using the finest materials and applying the utmost precision, celebrates this great performer’s colourful personality and relentless commitment to arts and culture.
Limited Edition 4810
The black lacquered barrel and white lacquer cap of the Limited Edition 4810 represent the black tuxedo Pavarotti wore with a white bow tie and white shirt for most of his concerts on stage. The delicate red lacquer floral pattern that adorns the cone and the turquoise resin cabochon at the base of the writing instrument are reminiscent of the Hawaiian shirts Pavarotti loved to wear off the stage as the “Pop Star Tenor”. The writing instrument’s gold-plated clip is in the shape of another trademark item from his distinctive wardrobe - one of his favourite extravagant scarfs is elegantly wrapped around the cap.
Limited Edition 888
The design of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 888 is inspired by Puccini’s opera “Turandot” and the aria “Nessun dorma” that catapulted Pavarotti to global stardom and remained his signature performance piece until the end of his career. Because the opera is set in China, the influence of the Far East is reflected in the elaborate black and white lacquer dragon with its sparkling red garnet eyes adorning the cap.
Limited Edition 98
Limited to just 98 pieces worldwide, the limitation number of the Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 98 commemorates the year Pavarotti was presented with a “Grammy Legend Award” for his contributions and influence in the music industry. The overall design of the writing instrument is based on the tenor’s unforgettable performances of Puccini’s “Turandot” and its tragic score inspired by the rich cultural heritage of China. The mythical Chinese dragon entwines the writing instrument’s cap and barrel, made of masterfully skeletonised 750 solid gold.
The Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award
The Montblanc Patron of Art Limited Edition is designed to coincide with the Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award, the prestigious cultural prize awarded since 1992 in 12 countries to honour today’s patrons who support artists with selfless commitment and financial equity. Each year an independent jury of eminent personalities selects and awards these global supporters of culture of our times. Past winners having included HRH The Prince of Wales, Queen Sofia of Spain and Yoko Ono, who were not only awarded with a reward to support their projects, but also presented with the latest “Patron of Art” Limited Edition, dedicated to one of the great historical patrons of world history such as the inimitable Luciano Pavarotti.
The Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 4810, 888 and the Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 98 will be available in Montblanc boutiques worldwide from April 2015.
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Anonimo reinforces its presence in Verbier and announces a new partnership with the W Hotel in the Place Blanche. Present this year in the s...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
The Vintage Style Calendar is the French watch brand William L. 1985's latest offering and has a brand new canvas blue style textile str...
Japanese watchmaker CITIZEN has announced their foray into online retail with the launch of their Online Store (www.citizenshop.me), accessi...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
- ► 2016 (1563)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)