For nearly half a century, Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti (1935-2007) enthralled audiences around the world with his extraordinary performances and his exceptional vocal tone, making him opera’s first global superstar. Beyond his musical virtuosity on stage, he was also celebrated for his unique extravagances now captured in the design of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition, a writing tribute to the great opera icon.
While his legendary performance of the aria “Nessun dorma” fromPuccini’s opera “Turandot” made opera accessible to broader audiences, Pavarotti proved he was a dedicated humanitarian, bringing together the world’s best musicians across all genres for his “Pavarotti & Friends” concerts to raise millions of dollars forvocational and educational projects. Away from the limelight of world stages, Pavarotti also displayed the qualities of a true patron of the arts, dedicating much of his time to nurturing young up-and-coming singers with free private singing lessons. Every detail of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition created by Montblanc master craftsmen using the finest materials and applying the utmost precision, celebrates this great performer’s colourful personality and relentless commitment to arts and culture.
Limited Edition 4810
The black lacquered barrel and white lacquer cap of the Limited Edition 4810 represent the black tuxedo Pavarotti wore with a white bow tie and white shirt for most of his concerts on stage. The delicate red lacquer floral pattern that adorns the cone and the turquoise resin cabochon at the base of the writing instrument are reminiscent of the Hawaiian shirts Pavarotti loved to wear off the stage as the “Pop Star Tenor”. The writing instrument’s gold-plated clip is in the shape of another trademark item from his distinctive wardrobe - one of his favourite extravagant scarfs is elegantly wrapped around the cap.
Limited Edition 888
The design of the Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 888 is inspired by Puccini’s opera “Turandot” and the aria “Nessun dorma” that catapulted Pavarotti to global stardom and remained his signature performance piece until the end of his career. Because the opera is set in China, the influence of the Far East is reflected in the elaborate black and white lacquer dragon with its sparkling red garnet eyes adorning the cap.
Limited Edition 98
Limited to just 98 pieces worldwide, the limitation number of the Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 98 commemorates the year Pavarotti was presented with a “Grammy Legend Award” for his contributions and influence in the music industry. The overall design of the writing instrument is based on the tenor’s unforgettable performances of Puccini’s “Turandot” and its tragic score inspired by the rich cultural heritage of China. The mythical Chinese dragon entwines the writing instrument’s cap and barrel, made of masterfully skeletonised 750 solid gold.
The Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award
The Montblanc Patron of Art Limited Edition is designed to coincide with the Montblanc de la Culture Arts Patronage Award, the prestigious cultural prize awarded since 1992 in 12 countries to honour today’s patrons who support artists with selfless commitment and financial equity. Each year an independent jury of eminent personalities selects and awards these global supporters of culture of our times. Past winners having included HRH The Prince of Wales, Queen Sofia of Spain and Yoko Ono, who were not only awarded with a reward to support their projects, but also presented with the latest “Patron of Art” Limited Edition, dedicated to one of the great historical patrons of world history such as the inimitable Luciano Pavarotti.
The Montblanc Patron of Art Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 4810, 888 and the Luciano Pavarotti Limited Edition 98 will be available in Montblanc boutiques worldwide from April 2015.
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
- ► 2016 (1521)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- ANONIMO Watches - Brand Info
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- ▼ April 2015 (300)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)