Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Patek Philippe has started the countdown for the opening of the Watch Art Patek Philippe Grand Exhibition London which will take place from May 27th to June 7th this year at the Saatchi Gallery in London.
The exhibition will celebrate Patek Philippe’s tradition of high-precision watch manufacturing, an insight into the company’s 175 year history as well as its heritage in the domain of haute horlogerie. Visitors will have the opportunity to discover the world of the last privately family owned Geneva watch company from the inside.
The initial project was composed of 12 rooms distributed over two floors throughout the Gallery and now has evolved to more than 15 themed areas. Visitors will have access to over 400 exceptional timepieces in a space of 2,200 sq. meters. New confirmed rooms are:
Movement Room: Showcasing the entire movement current collection from the watch manufacture, this gallery will allow the customers to experience a 360 degree view of some of the most intricate watch movements ever created.
175th Anniversary Area: This area is designed to showcase the 175th commemorative collection launched in 2014 to celebrate the very special jubilee and integrates areas such as the Commemorative Watches Collection room, the Grandmaster Chime Immersive Experience room and the Grandmaster Chime room. The masterpiece from the collection and the most complicated wristwatch ever created by Patek Philippe will be exhibited in its own space.
Napoleon Room: Be transported to the magical Patek Philippe Salon on the Rue du Rhone, Geneva, you will be captivated by the incredible live view over Lake Geneva.
Interactive Room: This room will be an interactive learning centre and will include different features such as a library with different books from Patek Philippe, interactive technical and historical animations and ball chairs where people can sit and listen to the striking of Minute Repeaters.
The Immersion room, the Historical Film Theatre room, the Current Collection room, the Museum room, the Grand Complications Room and the Rare Handcrafts Gallery room are other areas that will be part of the Exhibition.
Immersion Room: This room is created to inspire and immerse visitors into the world of Patek Philippe. A short introductory film will be shown on a 10 minute loop.
Historical Film Theatre room: The Patek Philippe historical movie will be shown here.
The Current Collection room: This gallery showcasing the current collection is designed to replicate the Patek Philippe Historical Salon on the Rue du Rhone in Geneva.
The Museum room: Very much like the Museum in Geneva, this room will be divided into two sections. In the first section there will be some of the greatest historical timepieces spanning the last five centuries, including the earliest watches ever made. In the second section of this ‘Temple to Watchmaking’, historical Patek Philippe timepieces dating back to the 1830’s, including some of the earliest Patek Philippe watches, will be on display.
The Grand Complications room: This gallery is dedicated to the rarest and most complicated timepieces created. Minute repeaters, Sky moon Tourbillons and Chronographs will be on display in this gallery.
The Rare Handcrafts Gallery room: The specialist artistic techniques used to decorate timepieces have a long and glorious history at Patek Philippe. In this gallery the visitors will able to discover about the company’s artisans, their skills and Patek Philippe unique commitment to rare handcrafts, past, present and future.
The Exhibition will be open to the public, free of charge, from 9:00 to 19:00 weekdays and Saturdays, and from 10:00 to 16:00 on Sundays. No bookings or tickets are required. School trips are also part of the programme during the whole period the Exhibition is open, and the British School of Watchmaking will be part of that education programme.
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- Hublot Big Bang UNICO Chronograph Retrograde Kobe ...
- Ralph Lauren Stirrup Petite-Link Steel with Mother...
- Breitling Superocean II 36
- ANONIMO NAUTILO
- ANONIMO MILITARE CLASSIC
- Arnold & Son UTTE (New References)
- Chopard Mille Miglia GTS Collection - Automatic, P...
- Luminox RECON Leader Chronograph 8840 Series
- Louis Erard 1931 Chrono Vintage Limited Edition
- Van Der Bauwede Stardust Collection
- Van Der Bauwede SNAKE Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Shamrock Collection
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Garden
- Van Der Bauwede NEB-K Divine Collection
- Van Der Bauwede Legend Beverly
- DAVOSA Black Military Vintage Automatic
- Liu Jo Luxury Graduation Award on accessible luxur...
- Fine Arts News - Kirsty Mitchell ‘WONDERLAND’ Priv...
- Corum Admiral’s Cup Legend 42 Colette X Thomas Erb...
- Snyper Two Collection (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Pocket So H
- Rado opens its first mono-brand boutique in Switze...
- IWC Schaffhausen Spitfire Perpetual Calendar Digit...
- Techné «French Anti-Gang Police» Limited Edition
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph “Italy Limit...
- Christopher Ward C8 P7350 Chronometer Limited Edit...
- NOBEL – Nobel Master
- Mauron Musy Lady Marmak Collection
- HERMÈS – Slim d’Hermès La femme aux semelles de ve...
- Hermès Clipper Sport
- Hermès Arceau Chrono Bridon (New Models - 2015)
- Hermès Clipper (New Models – 2015)
- Hermès Cape Cod Tonneau Gem-Set Rose Gold
- Hermès Arceau Le temps Suspendu Rose Gold
- Cyrus Klepcys Réveil
- Silvana Watches – Introduction & History
- Tissot Vintage
- Tissot T-Touch Expert (New Version)
- Tissot Flamingo
- “GENEVA AT THE HEART OF TIME – The Origin of Swiss...
- Dwiss Brasilia Limited Edition
- Alexander Shorokhoff “Alzenau” Collection
- Urban Jürgensen – New Collection 2015 - 1140L Leve...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150
- RAYMOND WEIL NEW TOCCATA
- Swarovski Watches - New Crystalline Oval
- Hermès Arceau Skeleton Steel
- Swarovski Octea Classica
- Louis Erard - EXCELLENCE SKELETON & 1931 SMALL SEC...
- Wenger Urban Watch Collection
- Wenger Attitude Watch Collection
- Wenger Roadster
- Wenger Edge Watch Collection
- MILUS Tirion Triretrograde TIRI200
- Adriatica Ladies 3811.51B3CH
- ADRIATICA 8212.R264CH
- Schwarz Etienne Ode à la Semaine (LA CHAUX-DE-FOND...
- Alexander Shorokhoff “BARBARA“Limited Edition
- Magellan Watch: Brand Profile, History and Product...
- Magellan Watches - 1521 Flowers
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Attitude Automatic
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Tradition
- CATOREX «1858 » C’ Vintage Limited Edition
- CATOREX « 1858 » C’Pure
- CATOREX «1858 » C’Chrono Tradition
- CATOREX C’TWINN
- Bulova Accu•Swiss Treble Collection Manchester Uni...
- Longines - La Grande Classique de Longines 100 Dia...
- Longines DolceVita
- Longines Elegant Collection
- Citizen becomes the first-ever watch company to wi...
- Longines Ladies Diamond Conquest
- Romano Alberti O-YOROI watch
- SCHWARZ ETIENNE Roswell Manufacture
- Hublot Celebrates the Cricket World Cup Victory wi...
- Swiss Watch Brand CLERC Launches New Ocean Conserv...
- Tutima M2 Chronograph
- Breitling Avenger Blackbird 44
- Caran d’Ache “Spirit of Switzerland” Writing Instr...
- Caran d’Ache Collection Privée
- Caran d’Ache 100th Anniversary Collection
- Caran d’Ache “Year of the Goat” Limited Edition
- URWERK UR-105 TA
- Racing Star Dean Stoneman Is New Brand Ambassador ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Edition “Le Pet...
- Montblanc Meisterstück Miracle Pine Tree Writing I...
- Cabestan Triple Axis Tourbillon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Perspective Cavalière
- Hermès Cape Cod GMT
- Dietlin – Raptor 2 Display Case for Luxury Watches...
- ZANNETTI Magnificum Goat Limited Edition
- CITIZEN Satellite Wave F100 Limited Edition
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture (New Versions)...
- IWC Schaffhausen Celebrates Annual Tribeca Film Fe...
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Vintage Limited Edit...
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Date Gold
- Louis Erard Excellence Chrono Moon Phase Gold
- Louis Erard 1931 Small Second Open Gold
- IWC Schaffhausen Ingenieur Perpetual Calendar Digi...
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird in Pink Gold
- ▼ April 2015 (299)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)