The perfectly synchronized rotation of the two rotors powers the barrel, thus supplying the mechanism with a continuous source of energy. This mechanism ensures winding that is faster as well as more stable and efficient than a classic system. Moreover, the 26th jewel of the movement, which is visible on dial, proves a valuable substitute for the ball bearing mechanism by ensuring a reduced friction coefficient. On an aesthetic level, the mobile Double Rotor spins on its axis at the slightest wrist movement and thus endows each collection with unique character and personality, enabling the timepieces to easily reveal their distinctive aesthetic: classic, contemporary, masculine, feminine, understated or extravagant. This patented invention materializes the quintessence of the watchmaking art, represents the brand’s emblematic icon, and contributes to consolidating PERRELET’s international reputation and recognition.
|Perrelet First Class Double Rotor Skeleton - Double Rotor 20th Anniversary Model|
- 1995: The Dipteros model is the first PERRELET model equipped with the Double Rotor mechanism. The classic round case frames three hands sweeping around a white dial displaying the second 18K gold rotor in the center.
- 1997: The Double Rotor appears in the feminine mode, with the Lady Tempest and Lady R models featuring a central diamond-set heart.
- 1999: PERRELET develops the Skeleton Watch Double, the first double rotor skeleton watch.
- 2000: The brand creates an automatic chronograph, the Grand Maître Chronograph, equipped with a Double Rotor movement visible at 12 o’clock. This same year, the new Rectangle Royal watch reveals a Double Rotor movement housed in a rectangular shaped case.
- 2005: The Double Rotor unexpectedly adorns a tonneau shaped case. PERRELET also presents a new version of the Classic Double Rotor model, a timepiece distinguished by pure lines and contemporary materials.
- 2008: Ladies are offered a special treat with a lotus flower-shaped upper rotor adding a fresh creative touch to the Diamond Flower ladies’ collection.
- 2009: A new creative direction. The concept inspires a new generation of PERRELET watch designers to devise a more dynamic interpretation of the Double Rotor, the Turbine family. Equipped with titanium blades, the propeller-shaped upper rotor becomes a “turbine” and covers the entire dial. Disconnected from the movement oscillating weight, the turbine spins at full speed and creates spectacular visual effects. The Turbine rapidly becomes an iconic PERRELET model.
- 2013 : In keeping with its pioneering spirit and keen to find new ways of expressing its watchmaking expertise, PERRELET reinforces its Turbine collection in 2013 by offering a first-ever association between the playful creativity of this line and horological complications. This approach gives rise to the Turbine Chrono and Turbillon models.
- 2015: In 2015, 20 years after its launch, PERRELET celebrates the anniversary of its emblematic Double Rotor concept.
In this exclusive limited series produced to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its invention, PERRELET raises the Double Rotor mechanism to a new peak or refinement.
This splendid First Class Double Rotor Skeleton with its pure, restrained lines is issued in limited series of 250 for the steel model and 77 for the rose gold model.
Model: First Class Double Rotor Skeleton - Double Rotor 20th Anniversary Model
Mechanical automatic, P-481 / in-house caliber
Hollowed oscillating weight with dedicated Perrelet decoration
Central hands indicating hours, minutes and seconds
Diameter 42.50 mm, thickness 10.70 mm
Rose gold or stainless steel case
Glare-proofed sapphire crystals on both sides
Water resistance: 5 ATM
Cut-out white dial, golden hour-markers and hands, rose gold (18 cts, 4N) Double Rotor with “Côtes de Genève décor” and special engraving.
A3050/1: Rose gold (18 cts, 4N) case, Brown alligator strap, Rose gold (18 cts, 4N) pin buckle. Limited Edition to 77 pieces
A3052/1: Stainless steel case, Brown alligator strap, stainless steel folding clasp buckle. Limited Edition to 250 pieces