In the development of O-yoroi has applied the seven virtues of Bushido.The Bushido was the code of conduct that the Samurai had to follow strictly.
The 7 virtues are:-
- Honesty and justice (GI)
- Heroic courage, boldness, generosity (YU)
- Compassion (JIN)
- Kindness, devotion, healthy lifestyle (REI)
- Complete sincerity (MAKOTO)
- Honour and dignity à (Meiyo)
- Duty and loyalty à (Chugi)
The armor was made of:
- The head protection (Kabuto), whose features in the dial and in the crown of the watch
- The protection of the shoulders (Sode), whose features are represented in the crown protection
- The protections for arms (Kote), the bust (Do), the belly (Kuzazuri), Legs and feet (Haidate suneate), whose features around the case and in the loops
The leather strap with leather inserts in stingray, immediately recalls the handle of the legendary Katana (Tsuka) usually made of wood and covered in stingray(Same), covered with strips of silk, cotton or woven leather (Tsuka-ito) .
Finally, the watch box shows the hand painted sprig and petals of a Sakura - a cherry tree, which today is a symbol for all the martial arts, which was adopted by the Samurai as emblem of belonging to their class.