To mark its first ever sponsorship of a polo tournament, the De Bethune Princely Polo Cup held in Vaduz on August 29th and 30th , the Geneva based luxury watch Manufacture presents a 10-piece limited edition of the DB27. Exclusively developed for the game of polo, the DB27 D Polo edition can withstand the violent impacts it is liable to sustain on the wrist of the rider wearing it.
Traditionally equipped with a protective cover or swivelled over into its housing, the classic polo player’s watch cannot display the time during play without risk of damage. Thanks to its case equipped with an ultra-sturdy outer shell or ‘hull’, together with perfectly integrated and protected apertures, reading off the time during chukkas is now possible with this limited-edition DB27.The digital jumping hours display and the minutes indicator enable a clear and instant time indication without any actual handling of the watch.
Calibre S233D from the Manufacture is equipped with De Bethune patented and innovative features including the patented triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system that protects the regulating organ from repeated and violent shocks.
The 43 mm round case with its 12 o’clock crown leaves comfortable space on the wrist thanks to short floating lugs. These articulated lugs are equipped with a patented spring-based system that enables the watch to adjust to the wrist and to polo players’ movements in order to achieve ultimate comfort and elegance.
In an appealing aesthetic touch, the shimmering overall black polished effect is enlivened by a pink gold medallion hand-engraved with two mallets and inlaid with a hand-polished white gold ball.
Model: DB27 D Polo edition Digitale
Hours & minutes
Calibre S233D – mechanical self-winding
Power reserve: 5 days
Functions: aperture-type jumping hours – analogue minutes indicator on a rotating disc
Diameter 40 mm
Hand-crafted finishing and decoration
Self-regulating twin barrel
Silicon/white gold balance wheel – balance spring with flat terminal curve
Triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system
Titanium/platinum oscillating weight
Silicon escape wheel
Jewelling: 43 jewels
Frequency: 28,800 vibrations per hour
Black polished hardened steel with extra-hard 5000 Vickers treatment
43 mm in diameter – 13 mm thick
Attachments: short black floating lugs in polished hardened steel with extra-hard 5000 Vickers treatment
Glass: sapphire crystal with double anti-reflective treatment, 1800 Vickers
Crown: screw-locked at 12 o’clock
Back: solid, black in polished hardened steel with extra-hard 5000 Vickers treatment
Hull: black in polished hardened steel with extra-hard 5000 Vickers treatment
Central pink gold medallion hand-engraved with two mallets and inlaid with a polished white gold ball
Engraved and circular satin-brushed titanium ring
Jumping hours aperture at 12 o’clock
Minutes indicator on a rotating disc
Extra-supple alligator leather with pin buckle
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- ► 2016 (1573)
- RGM Watch Company – in House 801 Collection (New M...
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle World Time
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Ultra-Thin Calibre 1...
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Small Model (33...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art L’éloge De La Na...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portofino Hand-Wound Day & Date(R...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portofino Automatic 37 : New Vers...
- Breitling for Bentley GT3 Chronograph
- De Bethune DB27 D Polo edition
- Halda Watch Co Nürburgring Race Pilot Limited Edit...
- Backes & Strauss Piccadilly Princess Royal Emerald...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Spacecraft Batman Limited Edition...
- SEVENFRIDAY V-SERIES
- Jaquet Droz Petite Heure Minute Mosaic Elephant
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chrono Aero "65th Anniversar...
- Hublot announces the opening of the “Sunken treasu...
- NOVUS Watches Launches Crowd Funding Campaign
- KERBEDANZ Quintum Minute Repeater
- Concord Saratoga Lady Diamond Petal
- GoS Watches presents new manual wound caliber GoS0...
- Robin Meier, 1st Audemars Piguet Art Commission Ar...
- Camber Watches Launches Online Crowd Funding Campa...
- H. Moser & Cie. becomes the first Watch Manufactur...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Paracord
- Gardens by the Bay and Audemars Piguet Unveil Sing...
- BOVET 19Thirty Collection
- Maison Celadon - Watches Made in China with Pride
- ALPINA - The New Alpiner Manufacture
- MB&F Melchior Only Watch 2015 Unique Piece in Asso...
- Ralph Lauren New Slim Classique Timepieces for the...
- Jessica Chastain joins Piaget CEO Philippe Léopold...
- Audemars Piguet - The New Royal Oak Perpetual Cale...
- Christopher Ward C9 Moonphase (40mm)
- Bell & Ross BR-X1 Chronograph Tourbillon (High-Tec...
- Vacheron Constantin Atelier Cabinotiers Reference ...
- Frederique Constant Classic Manufacture Moonphase
- Tusenö “First 42”
- TAG Heuer announces partnership with Budweiser Sto...
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture « Monaco Yacht...
- Speake-Marin Magister Vertical Double Tourbillon
- Vulcain Cricket Calibre – A Look Back
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special (Bronze Case)
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Squelette
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Hommage À Louis Blériot
- TW Steel Slim Line Automatic edition
- TW Steel VR|46 Pilot Special Edition
- Bulova Manchester United Club Watch
- Frederique Constant Runabout Moonphase Automatic L...
- Oris Aquis Small Second, Date
- Urwerk UR-106 “Only Watch” 2015 Unique Piece
- du Maurier Commodore
- ArtyA & Kerbedanz Unique Piece Tribute to Led Zepp...
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 CHRONOGRAPH Special Boutique...
- Audemars Piguet Becomes Official Timekeeper of Two...
- Blue Chips by GRIEB & BENZINGER
- Ulysse Nardin Blue Ocean Limited Edition
- G. Gerlach M/s Batory Big date
- BREITLING NEW GALACTIC 36 SLEEKT
- Frédéric Jouvenot INTI Automatic
- IWC Schaffhausen Launches Limited-Edition Timepiec...
- Longines Column-Wheel Single Push-Piece Chronograp...
- DAVOSA Ternos Vintage
- Graham Chronofighter Oversize Navy SEAL Foundation...
- MB&F ‘Arachnophobia’
- The Tourbillon Chiming Jump Hour by Akrivia Pre-Se...
- URWERK UR-106 “Lotus”
- Speake-Marin Kennin-ji Temple Masters Project
- Christophe Claret Espoir & Paix Only Watch 2015 Un...
- Christopher Ward C9 GT40 Limited Edition
- Hautlence Vortex Selected for the Grand Prix D’hor...
- Romain Gauthier Logical One Secret Kakau Höfke
- ▼ September 2015 (71)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)