Independent Swiss luxury watch brand Romain Gauthier presents a unique timepiece in association with Kakau Höfke, the Brazilian artist who is a long-time friend of the Gauthier family and responsible for designing the Romain Gauthier logo when the brand was founded in 2005. The Logical one Secret Kakau Höfke is a stunning objet d’art that pays tribute to that most vibrant of cities, Rio de Janeiro.
Light and dark tiles cut from the same lavender jade stone form the Ipanema promenade pattern; tiles cut from blue agate compose the Corcovado scenery. Where the two motifs overlap, the cover has been delicately recessed to accommodate a second layer of tiles, with the ethereal transparency of the blue agate allowing the lavender jade marquetry below to remain visible.
The artisan has displayed an extraordinary level of skill to pull off this feat, using their dexterous hand and experienced eye to fine-tune and place the tiles so that their joins are barely perceptible while at the same timeensuring that theoverall artwork boasts a subtle three-dimensional relief.
Indeed, the tile facets act like tiny angled mirrors, with light shimmering off of each one, endowing Logical one Secret Kakau Höfke with an effervescent vitality in keeping with the spirit of Rio de Janeiro and its people.
Logical one Secret Kakau Höfke is a unique piece, created as part of Manufacture Romain Gauthier’s 10th anniversary celebrations. It is accompanied by a unique acrylic-on-canvas Rio de Janeiro artwork that Kakau Höfke painted especially to complement the timepiece.
Name: Logical one Secret Kakau Höfke
Limited edition: Unique piece
Features and indications
Intricate stone micro-marquetry adaptation of Kakau Höfke’s Rio de Janeiro artwork on white gold cover and subdials
Movement features chain-and-fusee style constant force system, push-button winding and superlative hand finishing
Hours, minutes, small seconds and 46-hour power reserve indicator
Stone micro-marquetry on white gold cover and hour and minute subdials
No. of lavender jade tiles: 270
No. of blue agate tiles: 82
Tiles cut by laser then adjusted, finished and applied by hand at Olivier Vaucher’s atelier
Dial and hands
Lavender jade marquetry on hour and minute subdials
Skeletonised hour and minute hands in 18k white gold
Solid small seconds hand in 18k white gold
Subdials fixed via Romain Gauthier polished screw with distinctive s-slot
In-house manufacture movement
Dimensions: 35.5mm x 10.5mm
Power reserve: 46 hours
Number of jewels: 37 in movement, 34 for chain
Number of components: 357
Balance frequency: 28,800 vph / 4Hz
Movement plates and bridges: titanium, stainless steel and brass
Movement finish: palladium-treated
Finishing: Highest level haute horlogerie finishing, including hand-polished screws and jewel countersinks; hand-bevelled and hand-polished bridges and plates
Case and strap
Case material: 18k white gold
Dimensions: 43mm x 15mm
Water resistance: 30m /3atm / 100ft
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating front and display back
Crown for time-setting at 2 o’clock
Push button for winding at 9 o’clock
Pusher for unlocking cover at 4 o’clock
Strap and buckle: alligator leather strap hand-stitched in Switzerland with 18k white gold pin buckle
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- ► 2016 (1572)
- RGM Watch Company – in House 801 Collection (New M...
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle World Time
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Ultra-Thin Calibre 1...
- Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Small Model (33...
- Vacheron Constantin Métiers D’art L’éloge De La Na...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portofino Hand-Wound Day & Date(R...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portofino Automatic 37 : New Vers...
- Breitling for Bentley GT3 Chronograph
- De Bethune DB27 D Polo edition
- Halda Watch Co Nürburgring Race Pilot Limited Edit...
- Backes & Strauss Piccadilly Princess Royal Emerald...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Spacecraft Batman Limited Edition...
- SEVENFRIDAY V-SERIES
- Jaquet Droz Petite Heure Minute Mosaic Elephant
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chrono Aero "65th Anniversar...
- Hublot announces the opening of the “Sunken treasu...
- NOVUS Watches Launches Crowd Funding Campaign
- KERBEDANZ Quintum Minute Repeater
- Concord Saratoga Lady Diamond Petal
- GoS Watches presents new manual wound caliber GoS0...
- Robin Meier, 1st Audemars Piguet Art Commission Ar...
- Camber Watches Launches Online Crowd Funding Campa...
- H. Moser & Cie. becomes the first Watch Manufactur...
- Victorinox Swiss Army I.N.O.X. Paracord
- Gardens by the Bay and Audemars Piguet Unveil Sing...
- BOVET 19Thirty Collection
- Maison Celadon - Watches Made in China with Pride
- ALPINA - The New Alpiner Manufacture
- MB&F Melchior Only Watch 2015 Unique Piece in Asso...
- Ralph Lauren New Slim Classique Timepieces for the...
- Jessica Chastain joins Piaget CEO Philippe Léopold...
- Audemars Piguet - The New Royal Oak Perpetual Cale...
- Christopher Ward C9 Moonphase (40mm)
- Bell & Ross BR-X1 Chronograph Tourbillon (High-Tec...
- Vacheron Constantin Atelier Cabinotiers Reference ...
- Frederique Constant Classic Manufacture Moonphase
- Tusenö “First 42”
- TAG Heuer announces partnership with Budweiser Sto...
- Ulysse Nardin Dual Time Manufacture « Monaco Yacht...
- Speake-Marin Magister Vertical Double Tourbillon
- Vulcain Cricket Calibre – A Look Back
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Extra Special (Bronze Case)
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Squelette
- Zenith Pilot Type 20 Hommage À Louis Blériot
- TW Steel Slim Line Automatic edition
- TW Steel VR|46 Pilot Special Edition
- Bulova Manchester United Club Watch
- Frederique Constant Runabout Moonphase Automatic L...
- Oris Aquis Small Second, Date
- Urwerk UR-106 “Only Watch” 2015 Unique Piece
- du Maurier Commodore
- ArtyA & Kerbedanz Unique Piece Tribute to Led Zepp...
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 CHRONOGRAPH Special Boutique...
- Audemars Piguet Becomes Official Timekeeper of Two...
- Blue Chips by GRIEB & BENZINGER
- Ulysse Nardin Blue Ocean Limited Edition
- G. Gerlach M/s Batory Big date
- BREITLING NEW GALACTIC 36 SLEEKT
- Frédéric Jouvenot INTI Automatic
- IWC Schaffhausen Launches Limited-Edition Timepiec...
- Longines Column-Wheel Single Push-Piece Chronograp...
- DAVOSA Ternos Vintage
- Graham Chronofighter Oversize Navy SEAL Foundation...
- MB&F ‘Arachnophobia’
- The Tourbillon Chiming Jump Hour by Akrivia Pre-Se...
- URWERK UR-106 “Lotus”
- Speake-Marin Kennin-ji Temple Masters Project
- Christophe Claret Espoir & Paix Only Watch 2015 Un...
- Christopher Ward C9 GT40 Limited Edition
- Hautlence Vortex Selected for the Grand Prix D’hor...
- Romain Gauthier Logical One Secret Kakau Höfke
- ▼ September 2015 (71)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)