In 2002, a few years after its renaissance, the brand decided to turn the spotlight back onto this incomparable model by presenting the Cricket Nautical.
|Cricket Nautical, 2012|
- Movement: Vulcain Cricket proprietary Calibre V-10
- Functions: hours, minutes, central seconds, alarm, decompression tables adjustable via a screw-down crown at 4 o’clock
- Back: triple back which acts as a resonance chamber and allows the alarm function to be used underwater
- Dial: black re-release of the 1961 model
In 1961, Vulcain presented one of the very first diver’s watches, with an alarm movement audible underwater: the Nautical. Its chime is a precious function which, thanks to a triple back that acts as a resonance chamber, signals to the diver that it is time to surface.
|Nautical Heritage Limited Edition|
The Cricket Model
In 2011, Vulcain decided to create a monument to its history: the Cricket model based on the iconic «Presidents’ Watch» from the 1950s. A fifties spirit for a contemporary model meeting the strictest requirements of the day - such were the principles behind the creation of the new 50s Presidents’ Watch collection.
|Vulcain 50's «Presidents’ Watch», 2011|
- Movement: Vulcain Cricket proprietary Calibre V-11
- Functions: hours, minutes, central seconds, alarm, date
- Back: sapphire decorated with Vulcain’s stylised «V»
- Dial: silver colour sunray with pink indices
In 1947, Vulcain unveiled its «Cricket» alarm calibre to the world. After 5 years of painstaking work, the brand had finally succeeded in producing a genuinely functional and efficient alarm model. Its renown was almost immediate, with the new models garnering worldwide attention.
|First Cricket watch, 1947|
The Automatic Chronograph
True to its long and consistent tradition of combining technology and accuracy, in 2012 the Vulcain manufacture reintroduced a modern version of a mono-pusher chronograph which was to become a legend. Known as the 50s Presidents’ Chronograph, this technical watch was a fusion of all things stylish, technological and legendary.
|Vulcain 50s Presidents' Chronograph Monopusher, 2012|
- Movement: V-57 Automatic Calibre
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds on counter at 9 o’clock, alarm, date in a window at 6 o’clock, central chronograph seconds, 30 chronograph counter
- Back: sapphire
- Dial: blue sunray with rhodium-plated indices
Vulcain and Real Madrid - a meeting of legends. One of Vulcain’s indisputable marketing strengths was its early apprehension of the attraction of the beautiful game. Football has always had a passionate following in the Spanish-speaking countries where the brand has been well established since the beginning of the last century.
|Vulcain Chronograph Real Madrid, 1940|