Netherlands based luxury watch atelier Grönefeld presents a unique platinum version of its award winning horological masterpiece, the PARALLAX Tourbillon.
In October 2014, brothers Bart and Tim Grönefeld won the international jury award of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève for the Parallax Tourbillon in the tourbillon category.
One of the most coveted horology marvels in the contemporary watch making industry, the Grönefeld Parallax Tourbillon features a “flying” tourbillon with a large central seconds hand, stop seconds, a power reserve- and winding-setting mechanism indicator. The hand finished movement displays sophistication and craftsmanship at the very highest level.
Flying Tourbillon: Well-designed and impeccably executed tourbillons are particularly accurate timekeepers. The flying tourbillon allows full appreciation of the concentric, rhythmic “breathing” of the balance hairspring, while ensuring high precision. Bart and Tim Grönefeld further highlighted the tourbillon by raising it out of the movement and above the dial. As with the immaculately finished movement bridges, the tourbillon cage is crafted in stainless steel. Three days are required just for the hand finishing of the tourbillon components.
Large Central Seconds: The precision of the Parallax Tourbillon is evidenced by the large central seconds hand. Normally a central seconds hand requires a friction spring to prevent small fluttering caused by play in the gear train.
For the Parallax Tourbillon, the Grönefeld brothers developed the movement with an added pinion and wheel so that the energy-sapping friction spring is not required: A feature improving power transfer to the regulator and contributing to the precision and impressive power reserve of 72-hours.
Push -Only Crown and Function Indicator: In addition to the flying tourbillon and friction-spring-free central seconds, the Parallax Tourbillon has yet another innovative feature: rather than pulling the crown to set the time, which has the risk of damaging the fragile crown stem, it is pressed.
An indicator on the dial displays the function selected: “W” for Winding or “S” for time setting. When the time setting function is selected, both tourbillon cage bridge and the central seconds hand automatically return to their respective 12 o’clock positions and stop (or hack) while the time is set.
Stainless Steel Bridges: For this unique piece Bart and Tim Grönefeld made special blackened stainless steel bridges for this unique movement to enhance the contrast. As well as the superior hardness and durability of stainless steel compared to standard brass or nickel, the metal absolutely gleams when polished to a mirror finish. And as stainless steel does not oxidize, the gleaming finish lasts and lasts.
Model: Grönefeld Parallax Tourbillon in Platinum
Features and indications
Flying one minute Tourbillon
Hours and minutes
Power reserve and Winding-Setting indicator
Innovative Winding-Setting Mechanism with Hacking Seconds
In-house caliber G-03
Case material: Platinum Pt950.
Engraving: Grönefeld, Unique Piece and Platinum
Case dimensions: 43 mm x 12.5 mm
Sapphire Crystals: Top domed with anti-reflective treatment both sides; flat display back with antireflective treatment on both sides
Water resistance: 3atm/30m/100 feet
Crown: White gold with engraved “G” logo and push to set/wind function
Solid Sterling Silver 925, Black ruthenium plated frosted surface with orange print.
Hours- Minutes dial, power reserve indicator, setting-winding indicator
Raised seconds dial to minimalize a parallax error
Hands: Polished extended steel Lancette hands
Large counter poised seconds hand
Strap and buckle
Orange thread hand-sewn matte black alligator leather and platinum buckle with engraved Grönefeld logo
Caliber G-03: Mechanical hand winding, flying one-minute stainless steel tourbillon, power-reserve indicator, hacking seconds and setting mechanism indicator.
Dimensions: 34mm (15 1/4 ’’’) x 9.5 mm
Number of parts: 278
Number of jewels: 27 jewels set in solid gold chatons
Power reserve: 72 hours
Balance wheel: 10 mm free sprung balance wheel Balance frequency: 21’600 vph / 3Hz
Balance spring: Phillips terminal over-coil curve, Geneva-style stud. ELINVAR spring by Nivarox®
Escapement: Straight Swiss lever escapement
Main Plate: Hand spotted rhodium-plated nickel silver
Bridges: Stainless steel and beveled an polished by hand, micro-blasted, circular grain on the top, relief engraved on micro blasted surface
Winding-Setting mechanism: Push function crown for selecting winding or setting
Power reserve mechanism: Classic Breguet style by means of a cone moving up and down on the threaded barrel arbor
€ 160.000,00 Excluding Taxes
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
In 1999, taking inspiration from the regulator clocks of 18th century, Oris created the world’s first dive watch featuring a regulator dial....
- ► 2016 (1573)
- PRODUCT GALLERY : FRANC VILA WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: JACOB & CO. WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : A. Favre & fils
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DE BETHUNE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MILUS WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ZENO WATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DELANEAU WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BALL WATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : JEAN RICHARD WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: COINWATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY: CHARRIOL WATCHES
- Imperiali Genève – Introduction
- PRODUCT GALLERY: IWC Schaffhausen
- IWC Schaffhausen - News & Articles
- IWC Schaffhausen - Archives
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2008
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2009
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2010
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2011
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2012
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2013
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2014
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Dussert Watches
- Vacheron Constantin Watches (Novelties 2002 - 2006...
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2007
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2008
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2009
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2010
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2011
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2012
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2013
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2014
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2015
- BVLGARI DIVA
- Bulgari Octo All Blacks Special Edition
- Bulgari Octo Retrograde Collection - Octo Mono-Rét...
- Bulgari New Diagono Scuba
- Bulgari - Tourbillon Central Papillon & Papillon H...
- deLaCour City Episode S Bleu Limited Edition
- deLaCour Reflect Tourbillon Titanium Limited Editi...
- Hublot opens a new boutique in Budapest, Hungary
- Rado Valentine’s Day Collection - Rado DiaMaster G...
- Arnold & Son Wins the Best Breakthrough Award by S...
- Atelier de Chronométrie Barcelona - Introduction
- Jaquet Droz ‘Year of Monkey’ Collection - The Peti...
- Hublot Big Bang Broderie Sugar Skull
- Hublot renovates its Rue Saint-Honoré Store, Paris...
- Welcome to Hublot Suite in the new Hotel Atlantis ...
- Concord Saratoga Lady Black PVD and Rose Gold
- Carl F. Bucherer PatraviTravelTec Black DLC
- Anthony de Haas, Product Development Director at A...
- CITIZEN EM0225-84E Silouhette Bangle Watch
- Japanese Pianist Hiromi Uehara wins François Perre...
- Girard-Perregaux inaugurates in Yokohama, its exhi...
- Michael B. Jordan visits the Piaget Manufacture
- Ulysse Nardin opens a flagship Boutique in Abuja, ...
- Grönefeld PARALLAX Tourbillon in Platinum
- Let us celebrate this Christmas Season with Speake...
- Longines Conquest 1/100th St. Moritz
- TAG Heuer Monaco Calibre 11 Chronograph - Reissue ...
- ArtyA Son of Sound Tourbillon
- Buben&Zorweg ONE Dual Time
- Casio Baby-G Range BGA-210
- Breitling Exospace B55
- Mido Belluna Caliber 80 Pair Watches (M024.207.22....
- Christa Rigozzi unveils the Eberhard & Co. Luxury ...
- Casio EDIFICE EFR-303D World Time Chronograph
- Ulysse Nardin Classic “Year of the Monkey” Edition...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ADRIATICA WATCHES
- Design Shanghai 2016 - Design Shanghai Continues T...
- Roger Dubuis Blossom Velvet Pink
- Roger Dubuis Opens a New Boutique at the Dubai Mal...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Grand Opening of It...
- Frederique Constant receives the Bucherer Watch Aw...
- Hermès Slim d’Hermès Mille Fleurs du Mexique
- ORIS Great Barrier Reef Limited Edition II
- TAG Heuer Unveils the “TAG Heuer Connected” Watch ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Aquatimer Automatic Edition “Expe...
- IWC Schaffhausen Aquatimer Automatic 2000 (Ref. IW...
- IWC Schaffhausen Aquatimer Chronograph Edition “La...
- Reima Koivukoski Receives F. A. Lange Watchmaking ...
- Speake-Marin Dong Son Tourbillon
- Swiss luxury watch maker Arnold & Son appoints top...
- Backes & Strauss and English National Ballet intro...
- CORUM Golden Bridge Dragon & Phoenix
- Ulysse Nardin - Ulysse Anchor Tourbillon with Tran...
- TW Steel Yamaha Factory Racing Triple Crown Limite...
- IWC Schaffhausen and Qatar Duty Free Open the Firs...
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Conce...
- ARMIN STROM Tourbillon Skeleton
- Arnold & Son showcases at Art Basel Miami Beach
- Deep Blue Master 1000 Automatic Dive Watch, Cerami...
- Konstantin Chaykin Computus Easter - The most comp...
- A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Tourbillon Handwerkskunst
- HUBLOT celebrates the grand opening of Taipei bout...
- Ulysse Nardin announces Boutique Opening in Miami ...
- Ulysse Nardin Executive Lady (Stainless steel case...
- IWC Schaffhausen opens a new boutique at Weinplatz...
- FOB PARIS - Rehab 413 & 360
- Corum Bubble Paiste Limited Edition
- ▼ December 2015 (113)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)