Louis Moinet celebrates the bicentenary of the invention of the chronograph by presenting a special edition Memoris timepiece. It was in 1816 in Paris, the legendary master watchmaker Louis Moinet invented the chronograph – an artistic and technological masterpiece beating at a rhythm of 216,000 vibrations per hour, designed to observe the orbits of the planets in the heavens. Now in Geneva, the luxury watch brand Louis Moinet lights up the stars by presenting Memoris, the first chronograph-watch, clothed with light. The first limited edition marks the start of a series of commemorative pieces dedicated to the bicentenary of the invention of the chronograph.
The “Memoris 200th Anniversary” uses a fixed graver engraving technique that is unprecedented in the history of watchmaking. Each star is worked on individually; never before has there been a starry sky with such a natural sparkle.
- A new hour dial – made in enamel for the first time in history of the piece
- A new mainplate, painted and decorated with star constellations
- A new translucent flange and counter bridge
The starry back consists of a brass plate coated in a translucent blue. The stars have been created using an entirely new fixed graver process. Devised by one of Louis Moinet’s craftsmen, this involves attaching a specially-made lathe to a traditional rose engine (also known as a guillocheuse).
What is more, individual stars are all fashioned to feature different angles and depths, so that each and every one captures as much light as possible. Several fixed graver sessions are required per star. The process used is unprecedented in watchmaking – and the outstanding result gives the novel impression that certain stars really are shining.
For the flange and counter bridge, Ateliers Louis Moinet have used a revolutionary translucent material. Its precise makeup, produced by combining a number of composite materials and high-temperature vacuum moulding, is a closely-guarded secret. It offers a unique advantage that has won over Ateliers Louis Moinet: it is through-coloured – and yet the same time maintains a certain degree of transparency.
In its natural state, this material is as just as pure and translucent as crystal, but nowhere near as fragile, allowing it to be used for the counter bridge, too; and the latter’s ensuing transparency ensures the wearer can admire the night blue sky – without missing a single star.
Features and functions
Monopusher chronograph with column wheel
Chronograph mechanism visible on dial
Hours and Minutes (at 6 o’clock)
Seconds (at 9 o’clock)
60-second chronograph (central hand)
30-minute chronograph counter (at 3 o’clock)
Dial and hands
Chronograph hand, “Monogram” design
Hour & Minute “Gouttes de Rosée”® dew-drop hands, blue-tinted with luminous coating
Rounded enamel dial, diamond cut bead
Hand-painted mainplate, engraved with fixed graver technique
Translucent flange and counter bridge
Movement and finish
Automatic click movement with chronograph function on dial; hours and minutes off-centre at 6 o’clock.
302-component LM54 caliber, designed and manufactured by Louis Moinet
Winding: Automatic, bi-directional
Oscillations: 28,800 vibrations per hour
Balance wheel: Glucydur, chronometer quality
5 position settings
Lines: 13 ¼
Power reserve: 48 hours
Diameter: 30.40 mm
Height: 8.90 mm
Decoration: Côtes de Genève, diamond-polished facets, diamond-cut chamfers and circular gears with 5N colour finish and straight-line steel.
“Energie Plus” system
Pawl winding mechanism
Pawl winding system: comprises a base-plate and two jewelled pawls
‘Crab claw’ spring mechanism
Gearing: automatic wolf-teeth gear
Ball bearing: 7Myrox balls (ceramic), diameter: 0.397 mm
Oscillating weight: Dual material, with concentric “Clous de Paris” and “Fleur-de-lis” pattern
Case and strap
Case: Original Louis Moinet®, composed of 52 pieces, design with two-part bezel and 6 screws, assembled at a 17° angle
Monopusher: “Clous de Paris” pattern
Material: 18K gold
Diameter: 46 mm
Thickness: 15.75 mm
Water resistance: 50 meters
Case back: Fitted with 7 screws, engraved with individual number and Louis Moinet symbols
Lugs: Screwed settings (1 black zircon jewel and 3 screws per lug)
Crystals: Two convex sapphire crystals with non-reflective coating on both faces
Crown protection: Patent pending
Distance between lugs: 24 mm
Strap: Hand-sewn Louisiana alligator leather with alligator lining
Buckle: 18K gold folding clasp with “Fleur-de-lis” motif, two-strand, black DLC-treated steel
Louis Moinet book
LM-54.70.20 20 watches 18K white gold
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
- Eberhard & Co. Super Limited Edition Camouflage Co...
- Jaquet Droz Grande Seconde Off-Centered Onyx
- Hublot - Big Bang Unico Retrograde Chronograph Eur...
- Project O - Concept Watch « O1» by Matthieu Keller...
- IWC Schaffhausen Top Gun Edition 2016 - Big Pilot’...
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Automatic 36(Ref. 3...
- Ulysse Nardin Royal Python Skeleton Tourbillon
- BAUSELE Vintage Collection
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Open Heart Lady
- Hamilton Broadway Collection: Hamilton Broadway Au...
- Bausele ChronoS Collection
- Bausele Terra Australis
- Jaeger-LeCoultre celebrates the Year of the Monkey...
- Mido Baroncelli Donna Diamonds (M022.207.61.116.11...
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Thinline Gold
- BAUSELE Oceanmoon II
- Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman 2016
- BERING Ladies’ Blue Mesh Collection
- Aerowatch Renaissance 7 Time Zones
- Bausele - Australian Army Intelligence Corps Limit...
- Aerowatch 1942 Butterfly Limited Edition (Ref. A 4...
- Dutch Fashion Watch brand KYBOE! Makes US Debut
- Breguet Classique Phase de Lune Dame 9088
- LIMES Endurance II
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Double Balance Wheel Ope...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Concept Supersonnerie
- Blancpain Ladybird 60th Anniversary Special Editio...
- Marloe Watch Co. Cherwell
- MOI Na Jeon Chil Gee Watch
- ArtyA Calavera Tourbillon
- Faubourg Lapis Lazuli, Onyx or Malachite
- Bell & Ross BR 03 Desert Type
- Piaget Limelight Gala Milanese Bracelet
- Piaget Altiplano 38MM 900D
- Piaget Emperador Coussin XL 700P
- Ateliers deMonaco Tourbillon Oculus Daniel Alves
- Audemars Piguet Diamond Fury
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Spitfir...
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Spitfire, Red G...
- Montblanc 4810 Collection - Overview
- IWC Schaffhausen - Big Pilot’s Watch (Ref. IW50091...
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Mark XVIII
- LIV Genesis GX1-A Swiss Automatic Watch
- F.P. Journe Élégante 48 mm
- Montblanc 4810 TwinFly Chronograph Transatlantic L...
- F.P. Journe Octa Divine 42mm
- A. Lange & Söhne Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase "Lumen"
- BOVET Récital 18 - The Shooting Star® (5-day Tourb...
- IWC Schaffhausen Big Pilot’s Watch Annual Calendar...
- IWC Schaffhausen Pilot’s Watch Timezoner Chronogra...
- Montblanc Heritage Chronométrie Collection - Twinc...
- TAG Heuer presents an exclusive and groundbreaking...
- Frederique Constant Slimline Auto Heart Beat
- Montblanc 4810 Collection - Montblanc ExoTourbillo...
- Montblanc 4810 ExoTourbillon Slim Limited Edition
- Oris Williams Engine, Date
- BOVET Lady BOVET Flower of Life
- Montblanc 4810 Orbis Terrarum Pocket Watch Transat...
- BOVET Amadeo ® Fleurier VIRTUOSO VII Retrograde Pe...
- BOVET Flying Tourbillon OTTANTASEI - Designed By P...
- Panerai Lo Scienziato Luminor 1950 Tourbillon GMT ...
- Panerai - Radiomir 1940 3 Days Acciaio 47mm & Lumi...
- Breitling Navitimer 01 Limited Edition
- PANERAI - Radiomir 1940 3 Days GMT Automatic Accia...
- Franck Muller Vanguard™ Tourbillon Skeleton V 45 T...
- Franck Muller Vanguard Gravity V 45 T GRAVITY CS 5...
- Franck Muller Vanguard™ Lady V 29 SC AT FO D CD 5N...
- Franck Muller Vanguard Cobra V 45 SC DT COBRA 5N.N...
- Franck Muller PXL V 45 CC DT BLACK PXL ACNR.AC
- Franck Muller Vanguard Camouflage V 45 SC DT CAMOU...
- MB&F ‘Sherman’
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas Ultra-Thin – Calibre ...
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas Ultra-Thin Perpetual ...
- MB&F Horological Machine No6 ‘SV’
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas small model – Calibre...
- Hublot Classic Fusion "Racing Grey"
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas, Calibre 5100
- A. Lange & Söhne Richard Lange Jumping Seconds
- Dewitt - Golden Afternoon & Classic - Japanese Spr...
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Calibre ...
- ArtyA Son of a Gun Werewolf & Dragon
- ArtyA Brabant Tourbillon
- Louis Moinet Memoris 200th Anniversary Limited Edi...
- A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Cale...
- Ulysse Nardin Hourstriker “Horse” Limited Edition
- A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Moon Phase
- Franck Muller Vanguard™ Grande Date (V 45 CC DT GD...
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 1 White Gold
- Hublot MP-05 "LaFerrari" Sapphire Limited Edition
- A. Lange & Söhne Datograph Perpetual Tourbillon
- Concord Impresario
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Perpetual Calendar C...
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony, Three New 42mm Mode...
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony, 40mm with Gold Brac...
- Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Small Model (New Ref...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Gyrotourbillon
- Franck Muller V 45 SC DT Krypton Carbon.VE
- Franck Muller V 45 T Gravity CS Yachting 5N.BL
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Centre Seconds Concept F...
- ▼ January 2016 (134)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)