Swiss luxury watch maker Dewitt presents a high jewellery version of its Twenty -8- Eight Skeleton Tourbillon timepiece. Produced in a limited edition of 99 pieces, this exclusive creation comes in an 18-carat rose gold case adorned with 36 baguette-cut diamonds and 104 round diamonds.
Inside beats the DeWitt DW8028s skeletonised movement that uses age-old, recognised and highly reliable technical parameters in its construction: 18,000 Vph, a variable-inertia balance, a 44° angle escapement and a 72-hour power reserve.
The Twenty-8-Eight Skeleton Tourbillon does not intend to compete with the ultra -skinny and fragile skeleton movements where as much material as possible has been removed. The architecture of DeWitt’s skeleton remains decidedly strong and is therefore very well balanced with the design of the case which features 48 imperial columns – a typical feature of practically all DeWitt masterpieces.
But however robust the foundations, your eyes will inevitably be drawn deep into the movement and the captivating finesse of its mechanics. You will marvel at the tourbillon as it rotates on its axis, held in place by a slender, black-polished, circular-grained Art Deco bridge.
The barrel, positioned at 12 o’clock, is also skeletonised in order to reveal the interior of the motor. The shape given to the open-worked barrel was inspired by the design of vintage car steering wheels. As the barrel drum gently turns with the unwinding of the spring, the upper stems of this “vintage” wheel glide over the stems of the lower part – yet another interesting play on layers by DeWitt.
On the interior side of the bezel, a diamond-polished wall in 18-carat rose gold surrounds the movement above the skeletonised section, producing subtle reflections of this work of art. The wall is decorated by four extremely precise and sharp “W” logos, engraved on the cardinal points. The case is set with 36 baguette-cut diamonds and 96 brilliant-cut diamonds.
The Twenty-8-Eight Skeleton Tourbillon fully complies with the very demanding finishing norms of the DeWitt Manufacture. Carried out entirely by hand, the treatment and finishing work on this piece are of exceptional quality. The case, main plate, bridges, wheels and even miniature screws are angled, polished, satin-brushed and treated to perfection in the meticulous hands of the DeWitt watchmakers. Particularly eye-catching is the inspired alternation of polished and satin-brushed finishes on the columns of the bezel.
Model: TWENTY-8-EIGHT SKELETON TOURBILLON HIGH JEWELLERY
Calibre reference: DW8028s
Mechanical and skeletonised manually wound movement integrating a tourbillon manufactured by DeWitt
Power reserve: 72 hours
Vibrations: 18,000 Vph
Balance: Variable-inertia balance
Spiral: Spiral with Breguet curve sequenced at 2.5 Hz
Escapement: 44° angle of lift
Jewelling: 19 jewels
Diameter: 14.6’’ (33 mm)
Number of components: 185
Round case with DeWitt imperial columns on the sides
Material: 18-carat rose gold set with 36 baguette-cut diamonds and 104 round diamonds (approx. 3.7 ct)
Diameter: 43 mm
Total thickness: 10.78 mm
Crown: 18-carat white gold crown adorned with a ring in blackened titanium featuring the “W” signature
Case back: Sapphire case back
Water-resistance: 30 metres
Hands: Hours and minutes: hands in the form of double-edged swords
Shiny brown alligator leather
Buckle: 18-carat rose gold folding clasp, polished, “W” signature
Limited Edition: 99 Pieces
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- Montblanc 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Blue Limited...
- HYT Skull Bad Boy Limited Edition
- Golden Dreams Geneva - Hand Engraved Apple Watch
- Backes & Strauss - The Princess Elizabeth
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Conce...
- Charmex CX Swiss Military Watch™ RALLYE GMT NERO E...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CHRONOSWISS
- Victorinox Swiss Army - I.N.O.X. Accessories
- Graham Chronofighter Superlight Carbon Limited Edi...
- Piaget to Display Curated Collection of its Extrao...
- BOVET Grand Feu Enamel Timepieces In Association w...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier VIRTUOSO VII (Retrograde Pe...
- ArtyA Moorish Chrono Tourbillon Monopusher 1/1
- Oris Artix Skeleton
- Northrop & Johnson and Arnold & Son renews their S...
- Zannetti Magnificum “Compass Rose” Jade Edition
- Claude Bernard Automatic Open Heart
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Powder
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Turquoise
- EDOX Chronoffshore-1 Chronograph Automatic
- Hong Kong Based Watch Group Time2U to Unveil Its N...
- Casio G-SHOCK G-STEEL Series – New Models (GST-200...
- RGM Model 151-PR Professional Pilot
- Casio G-SHOCK MRG-G1000DC
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Rönkkö Minotaur Dual Moon Complication Light Editi...
- ArtyA Race Mahogany Limited Edition
- VANGARDE ‘Chrono Théorie’
- Meccaniche Veloci Quattro Valvole Four Strokes Mon...
- ANGELUS U20 Ultra-Skeleton Tourbillon
- Grönefeld 1941 Remontoire
- L'Duchen Toledo Collection
- L'Duchen Carcassonne Collection
- TEMPTION CGK205 (Featuring an Improved Integration...
- SAINT HONORÉ Charisma
- ArtyA Lion’s Head Tourbillon
- Roger Dubuis Velvet by Massaro
- Luminox Special Operations Challenge - The 3050 Na...
- Luminox F-22 Raptor Chronograph 9240 Series, Titan...
- Arnold & Son HM Double Hemisphere Perpetual Moon (...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronogra...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: DARK RUSH WATCHES
- Vulcain to Unveil a New Cricket Movement Baselworl...
- Seiko's Elite Prospex Collection Raises the Bar fo...
- Backes & Strauss Berkeley Emperor Brilliant Tourbi...
- IWC Schaffhausen - Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Cal...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LAURENT FERRIER GENEVE
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2007 - 2009
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2010
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2011
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2012
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2013
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2014
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2016
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2015
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Archives
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne - Novelties 2016
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HAUTLENCE WATCHES
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA THIN – New Edition
- HAUTLENCE - Tourbillon 02 &Tourbillon 03
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Classic Square-Double Balanc...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square Boréal
- HAUTLENCE INVICTUS 04
- BRM Art Car Collection
- Bulgari DIVA ((Diamond Set White gold case, Brown-...
- Bulgari Octo Ultranero
- Bulgari Piccola Lvcea
- AVIATOR MiG-35 Watch Collection
- Bremont MBII White – In Association with Martin-Ba...
- Bremont Z Series - ALT1-ZT/51
- Rotary Les Originales Tradition
- Zannetti Regent Jewellery Owl Limited Edition
- Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer (New Versio...
- Oris Artelier Chronometer, Date
- Dewitt Twenty -8- Eight Skeleton Tourbillon High J...
- Harry Winston Premier Moon Phase 36mm
- Wenger Roadster Black Night
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar NBA Special Edition
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra “PyeongChang 2018” Limi...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Reopening of Flagsh...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso One Collection
- deLaCour Saqra Black Tie
- Bremont ALT1-C/PB Chronograph
- Hastings & Co Heritage Edition
- Charriol St-Tropez™ 35 GlamMoon
- Gc Watches - Gc-3 Papaya
- Chris Claire Big Date Dual Time
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Boréal
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe Night Blue
- Todd & Marlon - #YOURTIME Collection
- CHRONOSWISS Sirius Flying Regulator
- ARMIN STROM Cognac Watch
- Breitling Avenger Bandit
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Sapphire Limited Edition
- Eza Watches - Sealander
- deGRISOGONO Announces The Opening of Its New Flags...
- ArtyA - Cumbere Tourbillon & Son of Sound Magic Bl...
- ▼ February 2016 (165)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)