Independent Swiss luxury watchmaker HAUTLENCE cements its partnership with its dynamic ambassador, ex-footballer Eric Cantona, with the launch of a new multi-coloured and three-dimensional VORTEX PRIMARY. Unveiled at this year’s edition of the prestigious Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH), the VORTEX PRIMARY combines Cantona’s strong passion for art with HAUTLENCE’s unique reinterpretation of time, resulting in a timepiece that is sculptured like a mechanical piece of art.
INVICTUS Morphos in 2014, HAUTLENCE’s first chronograph co-designed with Cantona, this incredible duo chose to reveal the second part of their collaboration with a new innovative timepiece in the Concept d’Exception collection. Stunningly designed from the inside out, the VORTEX PRIMARY is built on HAUTLENCE’s second Concept d’Exception, the VORTEX, introduced in July 2015. This new timepiece features the same spectacular mechanism while flaunting a whole new look made out of coloured glass structures, turning it into an astonishing creation.
In addition to its colourful exterior, the VORTEX PRIMARY stands out from the rest of the collection thanks to its lack of a dial. The retrograde minutes are placed directly on the sapphire crystal of the case, with the half-trailing hours indicated through HAUTLENCE’s signature jumping hour chain system that advances as time passes by. A power reserve indicator is portrayed in red at three o’ clock, while the movement’s regulating organ is on full display at six o’ clock as it rotates 60 degrees every 60 minutes. Such a dynamic design gives the timepiece a new look every hour.
The first patent pertains to the 12-link chain of the half-trailing hours, which smoothly turns in 3 to 4 seconds every 60 minutes to display the hour. Such a system differs from an instant system that switches the hours too quickly for one to truly appreciate and from a dragging system whereby time cannot be easily read between the hours.
The half-trailing hours system rotates effortlessly without losing energy and displays the beauty of the movement and its mechanisms in action. The second patent relates to the regulating organ integrated into the mobile bridge-type movement. Its constantly changing position, driven by the display, compensates statistically for the effects of gravity, thus enhancing its precision.
The VORTEX PRIMARY is available with six different straps that can be easily interchanged with a screwdriver that is included in the box. The straps come in a choice of black Louisiana alligator leather or five different coloured rubber straps, each fitted with a folding clasp in grade 2 titanium with a satin-finish steel plate.
Limited to 18 exclusive pieces, the VORTEX PRIMARY combines Cantona’s powerful artistic eye with HAUTLENCE’s daring vision and boundless creativity. More than simply a wristwatch, the VORTEX PRIMARY is a true chef d’oeuvre — one that pushes horological boundaries while respecting watchmaking traditions.
Model: VORTEX PRIMARY by Eric Cantona
Hours, retrograde minutes and power-reserve indicator
HAUTLENCE HLR2.0 in-house calibre including gear train and automatic winding system
Half-trailing hours displayed by a chain, retrograde minutes, mobile bridge-type calibre
2 barrels: one going train barrel (power reserve for the entire watch calibre including power for the second complication barrel) and a complication barrel.
Hours displayed by a 12-link chain hinged on a pallet system. The speed regulator ensures that the hour display changes in a controlled and jerk-free manner in 3-4 seconds instead of instantly. It completes 48 revolutions at each hour change. Hour system activated by a one revolution mechanism mainly composed of a connecting rod and a rack.
Mobile bridge-type calibre comprising the regulating organ and rotating through 60° at each change of hour.
Movement kinematics featuring 90° changes of direction by means of special bevelled gears.
Automatic calibre with oscillating weight in 18-carat white gold.
This innovative calibre is protected by 3 HAUTLENCE patents.
Dimensions: 37.8 x 33.2 x 12.35 mm;
Manufacturing technology: multi-axis micro-machining, wire EDM, LIGA photolithography;
Number of components: 552;
Power reserve: 40 hours;
Regulating organ: 21,600 vibrations/hour;
Number of jewels 92;
Finishing: fine-watchmaking type (satin-brushed, hand-drawn, hand-bevelled, black rhodium coating and mirror-polished steel elements);
Identification and numbering plate: HLR2 PRIMARY XX/18
Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium
Horns: Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium, screw-in
Crown: Satin-finish black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium with micro-machined
Glass: 19 three-dimensional coloured sapphire crystals, scratch-resistant, produced by multi-axis grinding
Alternating finishes: sand-blasting, satin-brushing and polishing
Horn and case-back screws: Black PVD-coated grade 5 titanium
Dimensions: 52 x 50 x 17.8 mm
Weight of the timepiece: 48 grams
Water-Resistance 3 ATM
Minutes displayed directly on the case sapphire. No dial
Hours indicator: rhodium-plated under-plate with black galvanic coating and white SuperLumiNova® hours numerals
Minutes hand: rhodium-plated galvanic coating with red varnished tip
Power-reserve hand: steel with red varnished tip
Black hand-sewn rolled-edge, rubberised padded Louisiana alligator leather, large square scales;
Black rubber; red rubber; blue rubber; yellow rubber; white rubber
Interchangeability spring bar and screwdriver;
Folding clasp: grade 2 titanium with satin-finish steel plate.
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- Montblanc 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Blue Limited...
- HYT Skull Bad Boy Limited Edition
- Golden Dreams Geneva - Hand Engraved Apple Watch
- Backes & Strauss - The Princess Elizabeth
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Conce...
- Charmex CX Swiss Military Watch™ RALLYE GMT NERO E...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CHRONOSWISS
- Victorinox Swiss Army - I.N.O.X. Accessories
- Graham Chronofighter Superlight Carbon Limited Edi...
- Piaget to Display Curated Collection of its Extrao...
- BOVET Grand Feu Enamel Timepieces In Association w...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier VIRTUOSO VII (Retrograde Pe...
- ArtyA Moorish Chrono Tourbillon Monopusher 1/1
- Oris Artix Skeleton
- Northrop & Johnson and Arnold & Son renews their S...
- Zannetti Magnificum “Compass Rose” Jade Edition
- Claude Bernard Automatic Open Heart
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Powder
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Turquoise
- EDOX Chronoffshore-1 Chronograph Automatic
- Hong Kong Based Watch Group Time2U to Unveil Its N...
- Casio G-SHOCK G-STEEL Series – New Models (GST-200...
- RGM Model 151-PR Professional Pilot
- Casio G-SHOCK MRG-G1000DC
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Rönkkö Minotaur Dual Moon Complication Light Editi...
- ArtyA Race Mahogany Limited Edition
- VANGARDE ‘Chrono Théorie’
- Meccaniche Veloci Quattro Valvole Four Strokes Mon...
- ANGELUS U20 Ultra-Skeleton Tourbillon
- Grönefeld 1941 Remontoire
- L'Duchen Toledo Collection
- L'Duchen Carcassonne Collection
- TEMPTION CGK205 (Featuring an Improved Integration...
- SAINT HONORÉ Charisma
- ArtyA Lion’s Head Tourbillon
- Roger Dubuis Velvet by Massaro
- Luminox Special Operations Challenge - The 3050 Na...
- Luminox F-22 Raptor Chronograph 9240 Series, Titan...
- Arnold & Son HM Double Hemisphere Perpetual Moon (...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronogra...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: DARK RUSH WATCHES
- Vulcain to Unveil a New Cricket Movement Baselworl...
- Seiko's Elite Prospex Collection Raises the Bar fo...
- Backes & Strauss Berkeley Emperor Brilliant Tourbi...
- IWC Schaffhausen - Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Cal...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LAURENT FERRIER GENEVE
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2007 - 2009
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2010
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2011
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2012
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2013
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2014
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2016
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2015
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Archives
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne - Novelties 2016
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HAUTLENCE WATCHES
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA THIN – New Edition
- HAUTLENCE - Tourbillon 02 &Tourbillon 03
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Classic Square-Double Balanc...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square Boréal
- HAUTLENCE INVICTUS 04
- BRM Art Car Collection
- Bulgari DIVA ((Diamond Set White gold case, Brown-...
- Bulgari Octo Ultranero
- Bulgari Piccola Lvcea
- AVIATOR MiG-35 Watch Collection
- Bremont MBII White – In Association with Martin-Ba...
- Bremont Z Series - ALT1-ZT/51
- Rotary Les Originales Tradition
- Zannetti Regent Jewellery Owl Limited Edition
- Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer (New Versio...
- Oris Artelier Chronometer, Date
- Dewitt Twenty -8- Eight Skeleton Tourbillon High J...
- Harry Winston Premier Moon Phase 36mm
- Wenger Roadster Black Night
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar NBA Special Edition
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra “PyeongChang 2018” Limi...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Reopening of Flagsh...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso One Collection
- deLaCour Saqra Black Tie
- Bremont ALT1-C/PB Chronograph
- Hastings & Co Heritage Edition
- Charriol St-Tropez™ 35 GlamMoon
- Gc Watches - Gc-3 Papaya
- Chris Claire Big Date Dual Time
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Boréal
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe Night Blue
- Todd & Marlon - #YOURTIME Collection
- CHRONOSWISS Sirius Flying Regulator
- ARMIN STROM Cognac Watch
- Breitling Avenger Bandit
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Sapphire Limited Edition
- Eza Watches - Sealander
- deGRISOGONO Announces The Opening of Its New Flags...
- ArtyA - Cumbere Tourbillon & Son of Sound Magic Bl...
- ▼ February 2016 (165)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)