In 2010, Geneva based independent luxury watch maker Laurent Ferrier unveiled its first collection Galet with the first model: The Galet Classic Tourbillon Double Hairspring, which also won the Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix in 2010.
At Baselworld 2015, Laurent Ferrier unveiled the Galet Square, hosting a Micro-Rotor with a natural escapement, it was immediately awarded with the Horological Revelation Prize by the Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix. On the occasion of SIHH 2016, Laurent Ferrier unveiled a new model, perfect fusion between his two creations: The Galet Classic Square Tourbillon Double
Inspired by expertise now over 200 years old, the Galet Classic incorporates an avant-garde technique that ensures exceptional precision. It is equipped with a tourbillon device conceived by Abraham-Louis Breguet in 1801, complemented by two head-to-tail mounted balance-springs in the centre of the balance. The main advantage of this construction developed by Laurent Ferrier lies in maintaining the centre of the balance firmly on its axis, while compensating for the effects of gravity. This approach guarantees the extreme reliability of the regulating system. The calibre construction is inspired by 19th century chronometry models with their manual winding system featuring a long-blade-type ratchet pawl system distinguished by the delicate mechanical clicking sound emitted during winding. The movement is finished with extreme care, as evidenced by the manual decoration on the tourbillon carriage bridge.
This component may be admired through the back of the case, protected by a sapphire crystal that also provides views of the manual finishing of the calibre – performed in harmony with the most demanding standards of traditional Fine Watchmaking. The bridges are adorned with a Côtes de Genève motif, the mainplate is circular-grained, the sharp edges and interior angles are chamfered and hand-polished, and the screw heads are also polished.
Its evolution has been gentle and gradual, like the curves of minerals polished by the waves. The pebble, stemming from centuries of the incessantly repeated work of nature, embodies the purest expression of gentle shapes. For Laurent Ferrier, the Galet is the perfect integration of all parts of a case, as if one were holding a pebble in one’s hand. The whole challenge lay in preserving the spirit of the Galet, and of interpreting this new shape into the initial project without making a break with the past.
Laurent Ferrier humbly decided to approach his original Galet by starting with a blank page. Purpose and design met and mingled under the swift strokes of his pencil, until a whole new shape was reached that is a first in the brand’s collections. Technically speaking, the original Galet has become a square leaning towards a cushion shape. Laurent Ferrier has devoted particular attention to the aesthetic harmony of the model.
The new Galet Classic Square Tourbillon features a subtly decorated white grand feu enamel dial. It is punctuated by a hollowed small seconds at 6 o’clock swept over by “assegai-shaped” gold hour and minute hands, along with a baton-type seconds hand. Like all Laurent Ferrier timepieces, it is perfectly readable thanks to the graphic arrangement of the roman numerals black painted.
The Galet Classic Square Tourbillon is equipped with a black alligator leather strap with Alcantara lining and finished with a pin buckle or folding two blades 18K white gold.
Model: Galet Classic Square – Double Balance-Spring Tourbillon
Calibre reference: LF 619.01
Hand-wound movement, chronometer-certified
Diameter: 14’’’ ( Ø 31.60 mm)
Thickness: 5.57 mm
Frequency: 3Hz (21,600 vibrations/hour)
Power reserve: 80 hours
Central hours and minutes
Small seconds at 6 o’clock on the tourbillon carriage pivot
Tourbillon carriage visible through the case-back
- Tourbillon, two top-to-tail balance springs
- Two Geneva-type balance-spring stud-holders
- Swiss lever escapement with steel escape-wheel and lever
- Variable-geometry balance with gold adjustment screws
- Peripheral tourbillon carriage driving system
18K / 210Pd non-rhodium plated white gold
Three parts: case middle, bezel and snap-on case-back
Size: 41,5 mm x 41,5 mm
Thickness: including the sapphire crystal 12.70 mm
Sapphire crystal case-back
Water-resistant to 30 metres
“Ball-shaped” crown in 18K/ 210Pd white gold
White Grand Feu enamel roman numerals in black
Small second hand recessed at 6 o’clock
Hours & minutes: assagai
Second: baton poised
Black, white gold, treated black ruthenium
Black or taupe alligator leather, alcantara lining
18K white gold 16 mm pin buckle or double-blade folding clasp
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
TAG Heuer expands its AQUARACER watch series with two Commando styled watches. Available in two versions - Arctic and Jungle - the Aquarace...
To be unveiled at Baselworld 2017, the new Sport Classic collection pays tribute to EBEL’s formidable craftsmanship during the 1970s and 198...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
With the Baroncelli Prisma, Swiss watch brand Mido introduces a timepiece that gleams with iridescent femininity and blends tradition with m...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
- Montblanc 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Blue Limited...
- HYT Skull Bad Boy Limited Edition
- Golden Dreams Geneva - Hand Engraved Apple Watch
- Backes & Strauss - The Princess Elizabeth
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Conce...
- Charmex CX Swiss Military Watch™ RALLYE GMT NERO E...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Singapore Grand...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CHRONOSWISS
- Victorinox Swiss Army - I.N.O.X. Accessories
- Graham Chronofighter Superlight Carbon Limited Edi...
- Piaget to Display Curated Collection of its Extrao...
- BOVET Grand Feu Enamel Timepieces In Association w...
- BOVET Amadeo® Fleurier VIRTUOSO VII (Retrograde Pe...
- ArtyA Moorish Chrono Tourbillon Monopusher 1/1
- Oris Artix Skeleton
- Northrop & Johnson and Arnold & Son renews their S...
- Zannetti Magnificum “Compass Rose” Jade Edition
- Claude Bernard Automatic Open Heart
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Powder
- Claude Bernard Lady Mini Turquoise
- EDOX Chronoffshore-1 Chronograph Automatic
- Hong Kong Based Watch Group Time2U to Unveil Its N...
- Casio G-SHOCK G-STEEL Series – New Models (GST-200...
- RGM Model 151-PR Professional Pilot
- Casio G-SHOCK MRG-G1000DC
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Rönkkö Minotaur Dual Moon Complication Light Editi...
- ArtyA Race Mahogany Limited Edition
- VANGARDE ‘Chrono Théorie’
- Meccaniche Veloci Quattro Valvole Four Strokes Mon...
- ANGELUS U20 Ultra-Skeleton Tourbillon
- Grönefeld 1941 Remontoire
- L'Duchen Toledo Collection
- L'Duchen Carcassonne Collection
- TEMPTION CGK205 (Featuring an Improved Integration...
- SAINT HONORÉ Charisma
- ArtyA Lion’s Head Tourbillon
- Roger Dubuis Velvet by Massaro
- Luminox Special Operations Challenge - The 3050 Na...
- Luminox F-22 Raptor Chronograph 9240 Series, Titan...
- Arnold & Son HM Double Hemisphere Perpetual Moon (...
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronogra...
- PRODUCT GALLERY: DARK RUSH WATCHES
- Vulcain to Unveil a New Cricket Movement Baselworl...
- Seiko's Elite Prospex Collection Raises the Bar fo...
- Backes & Strauss Berkeley Emperor Brilliant Tourbi...
- IWC Schaffhausen - Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Cal...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LAURENT FERRIER GENEVE
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2007 - 2009
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2010
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2011
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2012
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2013
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2014
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2016
- BULGARI WATCHES - Novelties 2015
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Archives
- Vacheron Constantin Watches - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne - Novelties 2016
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HAUTLENCE WATCHES
- IWC Schaffhausen - Novelties 2016
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA THIN – New Edition
- HAUTLENCE - Tourbillon 02 &Tourbillon 03
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Classic Square-Double Balanc...
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Square Boréal
- HAUTLENCE INVICTUS 04
- BRM Art Car Collection
- Bulgari DIVA ((Diamond Set White gold case, Brown-...
- Bulgari Octo Ultranero
- Bulgari Piccola Lvcea
- AVIATOR MiG-35 Watch Collection
- Bremont MBII White – In Association with Martin-Ba...
- Bremont Z Series - ALT1-ZT/51
- Rotary Les Originales Tradition
- Zannetti Regent Jewellery Owl Limited Edition
- Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer (New Versio...
- Oris Artelier Chronometer, Date
- Dewitt Twenty -8- Eight Skeleton Tourbillon High J...
- Harry Winston Premier Moon Phase 36mm
- Wenger Roadster Black Night
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar NBA Special Edition
- OMEGA Seamaster Aqua Terra “PyeongChang 2018” Limi...
- Audemars Piguet Celebrates the Reopening of Flagsh...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso One Collection
- deLaCour Saqra Black Tie
- Bremont ALT1-C/PB Chronograph
- Hastings & Co Heritage Edition
- Charriol St-Tropez™ 35 GlamMoon
- Gc Watches - Gc-3 Papaya
- Chris Claire Big Date Dual Time
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Boréal
- Laurent Ferrier Galet Traveller Globe Night Blue
- Todd & Marlon - #YOURTIME Collection
- CHRONOSWISS Sirius Flying Regulator
- ARMIN STROM Cognac Watch
- Breitling Avenger Bandit
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Sapphire Limited Edition
- Eza Watches - Sealander
- deGRISOGONO Announces The Opening of Its New Flags...
- ArtyA - Cumbere Tourbillon & Son of Sound Magic Bl...
- ▼ February 2016 (165)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)