Sunday, March 20, 2016
Bell & Ross BR-X1 HyperStellar Limited Edition
Swiss watch brand Bell & Ross unveils a space themed version of its BR-X1 hypersonic chronograph. A revolutionary concept with a unique design, the BR-X1 HyperStellar has been conceived to accompany explorers on their journeys into space.
Just like a spacesuit or a pressurised helmet, a mechanical chronograph has always been part of the official kit of astronauts and cosmonauts. The chronograph is the king of aerospace complications. It can measure short periods of time and has become an essential tool for living and working in space. The history of space exploration also reveals that mechanical chronographs have often enabled missions to be completed, and lives to be saved, in situations where electronic motor systems have malfunctioned. It is for all these reasons – and more – that the BR-X1 HyperStellar has been launched into orbit.
As tough as a rocket, the BR-X1 HyperStellar stands out thanks to the innovative design of its 45 mm case made from titanium and aluminium: the cover, centre and surround of the case are made from polished and micro-blasted grade 5 titanium, while the bezel’s protective insert is in blue anodised aluminium, to combine lightness and strength. To protect it from impacts during missions, the square case of the BR-X1 is covered with a bumper in micro-blasted titanium and rubber that acts as a peripheral protective shell.
The perfect synthesis of Bell & Ross’ expertise in creating grand complication and innovative professional watches, the BR-X1 HyperStellar is an exceptional instrument dedicated to space exploration, which is available in a limited edition of 250 pieces. With its distinctive sporty and technical design featuring high-end horological finishes, the BR-X1 HyperStellar is the iconic fifth-generation square watch designed for the space missions of tomorrow.
Combining Haute Horlogerie finishes with extreme lightness, the «motor» of the Bell & Ross Hyperstellar chronograph is driven by a mechanical skeleton movement with automatic winding. Structured in the shape of an «X», its upper bridge, treated with black DLC reads like its signature.
“X” is the code name that refers to NASA’s experimental projects, and which gives the watch its name: the BR-X1. The BR-X1 HyperStellar chronograph features a central 60-second counter. The minute timer on the chronograph function is positioned at 9 o’clock; instead of a hand, it features an ultra light aluminium disc resembling the blades of a turbine. Essential for calculating speeds, the tachymeter scale appears in blue on the flange.
With its complex and sporty design, the case of the BR-X1 HyperStellar, which is water resistant to 100 metres, is secured with functional, non-indexed screws and opens from the back. The sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating ensures optimal readability. The interstellar colours and finishes on the BR-X1 HyperStellar, which conform to Haute Horlogerie traditions, are strongly suggestive of space travel.
Grade 5 titanium (satin-finished on the case back and front, microblasted on the bumper and polished on the bevels), produces several finish levels and perfectly complements the grey rubber (rubber grip, crown, push-buttons, crown guard), and the anodised electric blue used on the aluminium bezel. Combining strength and refinement, the bi-material strap is made from rubber and alligator leather. It features a steel buckle with an extremely robust overmoulded rubber insert.
Model: BR-X1 Hyperstellar
Limited Edition of 250 Pieces
Calibre BR-CAL.313 Mechanical automatic
‘X’-shaped upper bridge. 56 jewels, 28,800 vph
Hours, minutes, small seconds at 3 o’clock
Skeleton date at 6 o’clock
Chronograph: 30-min timer at 9 o’clock, central chronograph seconds
45 mm diameter
Titanium and anodised blue aluminium with rubber inserts
Back with opening in tinted sapphire crystal, centred on the balance
Crystal: anti-reflective sapphire
Grey-tinted sapphire crystal
Metal skeleton Superluminova-filled hour and minute hands
Appliqué metal indexes with Superluminova inserts
Bi-material: alligator and grey rubber
Buckle: pin. Steel with grey rubber insert.
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
In celebration of the Loy Krathong festival, Ateliers deMonaco has created a new piece called the Tourbillon -WAT ARUN. This traditional “fê...
HOLOS is a young watch brand based in Singapore. Keeping to a modernist philosophy of clean lines and functional aesthetic, and after 2 year...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)