With the truly revolutionary model, Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 7087, Breguet was taking on a previously unmet challenge: developing a timepiece around a predetermined sound. Through this resolutely pioneering approach, Breguet became the first to create a model with such an exceptionally pure sound and unprecedented tone. Today, the Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon returns to the forefront after undergoing certain adjustments intended to improve its sound and its performance. It is now being presented in its finalised form and will reach the markets by the end of the year.
The gong springs – a Breguet invention and an essential part of minute repeater mechanisms – have been entirely reworked. Generally coiled around the movement and horizontally struck by hammers, they have in this instance been attached to the bezel and vertically struck by the hammers. This innovative construction is based on the fact that the sapphire crystal and bezel enable optimal sound emission when they vibrate vertically. By striking the gongs vertically from the movement towards the bezel, the hammers enhance the transmission of the vibrations towards radiating elements and then through the air. The structure of the hammers also features an innovation. The hammer causes the gong spring to vibrate.
To prevent the hammer rebounding and damping the vibration of the gong, traditional minute repeaters are equipped with a buffer spring. The disadvantage of these constructions is that they partially reduce the hammer’s force. To solve these problems, Breguet has invented a semi-active buffer which becomes active after the strike so as to avoid a double strike, and thereby maximises the energy injected into the gongs by the strike.
The gong springs of this Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon are also distinctive in that they are shaped like lobes in dimensions specially designed to enrich the sound and extend its duration. Based on the acoustic research conducted by Breguet for more than ten years, the gong springs are made from the same rose or white gold alloy as the case and then rhodium-plated. In order to favour the transmission of the minute repeater’s vibrations, they have been attached to the watch bezel. The latter, rather than rigidly formed into the case, is fitted with three pillars that are themselves attached to the case. Given that these pillars enjoy a certain freedom of movement, the bezel and the sapphire crystal can vibrate in resonance with the gongs. The sound emitted is thus enriched, since the bezel and the crystal more readily transmit lower frequencies, while the case tends to ensure better propagation of higher ones.
These impressive innovations are complemented by the use of a magnetic strike governor, developed on the basis of a concept featured in the Classique La Musicale model. This patented system is composed of silver weights surrounded by magnets placed around the circumference of the strike governor. As they turn within this magnetic environment, the weights produce an electric current that runs counter to the magnetic field of the magnets. The faster the rotation, the greater the resistance; and conversely, the slower the rotation, the weaker the resistance. The result is a device that ensures constant rotation speed, since both acceleration and braking meet with counter-resistance of identical intensity. The use of a magnetic governor brings an added advantage: silence. Since the mechanical elements do not touch each other, this exclusive Breguet governor is perfectly silent. Unlike the magnetic governor of La Musicale which remains hidden from sight, the decorated and open-worked version on the Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon is placed in full view on the dial side of the watch. It has also been the subject of much calculation and optimisation to adapt it to the minute repeater mechanism. The titanium used to make the bridges and the mainplate of the Tradition, along with appropriate sizing of the components, serves to avoid propagating the noises from the striking mechanism, by filtering their transmission through to the exterior.
Above and beyond these exceptional technical characteristics, the Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 7087 is also a tribute to Breguet’s long history. It is thus naturally equipped with a tourbillon, along with an automatic winding peripheral rotor system. The striking mechanism is activated by pressing a bayonet pusher instead of by pulling the customary dedicated slide. The energy required is delivered via a chain – a transmission mode reminiscent of the famous No. 160 pocket watch made for the queen of France, Marie-Antoinette, and re-issued by Breguet in 2008.
Model: Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 7087
18-carat rose gold with delicately fluted case band
Double-paned sapphire-crystal caseback
Welded lugs with screw bars
Silvered 18-carat gold, engine-turned and offset at 1:30
Individually numbered and signed Breguet
Hours chapter with Roman numerals
Breguet open-tipped hands in blued steel
Cal. 565DR. 16 lignes, 58 jewels
Self-winding movement with minute-repeater and 60-second tourbillon at 6 o'clock
Numbered and signed Breguet
Titanium base plate and bridges
Magnetic strike governor
80 hours power reserve indicator in an aperture at 12 o'clock
Bi-directional platinum winding rotor on the periphery of the movement
Tourbillon bridge in titanium
Inverted lateral lever escapement with silicon pallets
Breguet balance-wheel on a Breguet silicon spring
Balance frequency 4Hz. Adjusted in six positions
Also available in 18-carat white gold - Reference 7087BB/G1/9XV
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Richard Mille presents the world’s lightest split-seconds tourbillon chronograph: the RM 50-03 McLAREN F1. This innovative technical masterp...
This year, Speake-Marin unveils the new Brown Serpent Calendar featuring a curved gold guilded-steel date hand and multi-layered, satin-fini...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)