The BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817 pays tribute to the legendary watch dynasty's rich aviation history.
Louis Charles Breguet, the great-great-grandson of Abraham-Louis Breguet perpetuated the watchmaker’s spirit of innovation in a field previously unexplored by the dynasty. In addition to developing the gyroplane, the forerunner of the helicopter, Louis Charles Breguet also developed the Breguet XIV plane in 1916, a result of both his experience and the extensive thought he had given to this domain. Between 1917 and 1926, around 8,000 of these legendary aircrafts were acquired by an estimated fifteen countries. Other models followed, such as the Breguet 19, and later the Breguet Deux-Ponts (Double Deck).
In parallel with the activities of Louis Charles Breguet and his aeronautical firm, the Breguet watch company developed chronograph mechanisms fitted on cockpit instrument panels and began producing pilot’s watches. In 1935, it developed its first wrist chronographs and about two decades later, Breguet launched production of the Type XX model commissioned by the French armed forces: the famous chronograph would go to equip the national air force and the naval air arm until the early 1980s.
Today, Breguet is enriching this historical collection with a new model, the Type XXI 3817 chronograph. Its vintage look reflects the history and origins of the Type XX line, while its technical characteristics place it firmly in the 21st century.
Devotees of watchmaking mechanisms will be able to admire every last detail of its movement through a sapphire crystal caseback, a first in the history of the Type XX collection.
Model: Breguet Type XXI 3817
Steel with delicately fluted caseband
Bidirectional rotating bezel
Water-resistant to 10 bar (100m)
Slate grey, signed Breguet
Hours chapter with luminescent Arabic numerals
Day/night indicator at 3 o’clock
12-hour totalizer and date at 6 o’clock
Small seconds at 9 o’clock
Central minute totalizer
Luminescent hands and dots
Self-winding chronograph movement, with “flyback” function
Numbered and signed Breguet
Cal. 584Q/2. 131/2lignes, 26 jewels
48 hours power reserve
Inverted in-line Swiss lever escapement with silicon pallets
Balance frequency 4Hz
Adjusted in 6 positions
Strap in calfskin leather
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
Anonimo reinforces its presence in Verbier and announces a new partnership with the W Hotel in the Place Blanche. Present this year in the s...
HYT presents its first ever pocket watch, the Skull Pocket. With this innovative hydro-mechanical pocket watch the young Swiss watch brand i...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)