Casio releases the MRG-G1000HT , a 20th anniversary model to commemorate the original launch of its flagship MR-G series in the G-SHOCK line.
Employing the theme of tsuiki, a traditional Japanese metalworking technique, Casio designed the new MRG-G1000HT in collaboration with a third-generation master artisan in the field, Bihou Asano. A limited run of 300 watches will be sold worldwide.
The MR-G series offers the ultimate in tough watch design. It combines a sense of quality evoked by finely finished titanium with the distinctively solid feel of G-SHOCK, which conveys its shock-resistant performance. MR-G has gained popularity among adults who want to enjoy a G-SHOCK for many years to come.
For the bezel and the band, Casio produced a distinctive luster by applying special Japanese “Oboro-gin” (silver-grey color) finish traditionally used for sword accessories and ornaments. On the screws and buttons, the watch also features an “Akagane” (copper color) finish, which was used to give Japanese traditional armor and handicrafts their distinctively deep brilliance. Learning from these traditional metalworking techniques, Casio gave the entire MRG-G1000HT a dignified and attractively brilliant finish worthy of its status as a 20th anniversary model, denoted by a metal plate at the 10 o’clock position engraved with “20th LIMITED” and a serial number engraved on the back case.
Like the MRG-G1000 model it is based on, the new MRG-G1000HT comes with an advanced timekeeping system that receives both Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite signals and radio wave time-calibration signals, and features Dual Dial World Time, which displays times in two cities simultaneously .
About Bihou Asano
As a third-generation master metalworker, Bihou Asano repairs, restores, and creates works at a level regarded as national treasures in Japan. His best known works include suspended incense burners and rooftop statues of deities restored for the Kyoto State Guest House and Osaka City Central Public Hall, respectively. He also studied metal casting techniques under the guidance of fourth-generation iron tea pot master, Jirobei Takagi. As Mr. Takagi’s professional successor, Mr. Asano has been broadening the range of his activities to include the production of traditional tea ceremony utensils such as pots and small ceremonial stoves.
Tsuiki is a metalworking technique by which a sheet of metal is hammered out thinly into a three-dimensional shape. Historically it was used to make copperware and other metal containers, as well as armor and helmets, which needed to be made both thin and strong. Nowadays, the technique is applied to produce components for rail cars, aircraft, and other items.
Water Resistance: 20 bar
Size of Case: 54.7×49.8×16.9mm
Total Weight: Approx. 153g
Frequency: 1575.42 MHz
77.5 kHz (DCF77: Germany); 60 kHz (MSF: UK); 60 kHz (WWVB: USA); 40 kHz (JJY: Fukushima, Japan) / 60 kHz (JJY: Kyushu, Japan); 68.5 kHz (BPC: China)
GPS Signal Reception
Time-calibration (auto, manual); acquisition of position information (manual)
Radio Wave Reception
Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day)
27 cities (40 time zones, daylight saving on/off) and Coordinated Universal Time: auto summer time (DST) switching
1/20-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 24 minutes; elapsed time
Measuring unit: 1 second (maximum 24 hours)
1 independent daily alarm
Automatic hand correction (hour, minute and second hand); full auto-calendar; 12/24-hour format; battery level indicator; LED light (super illuminator and afterglow)
Tough Solar power system (solar-charging system)
About 18 months with the power-saving function ON after full charge
Power-saving after a certain period in a dark location
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
First launched in 2015 in red gold and platinum editions , the LM Perpetual is now also available in two white gold editions: a limited edit...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
The legendary Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba is now back. After taking over by Tata Group in 2011, Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba, which trac...
Frederique Constant Analytics is a revolutionary device that measures the accuracy of mechanical watches. With this new clip and the SwissCo...
The captivating story of Hublot’s Ferrari themed luxury watches began in 2011, when the luxury Swiss watch manufacture signed a partnership ...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)