The Montblanc 1858 Collection pays tribute to the heritage of the Manufacture founded under the name Minerva by introducing contemporary timepieces with vintage lines inspired by Villeret’s legendary Minerva chronographs created throughout its 158-year history. The prestigious Minerva Manufacture was the reference in the field of chronographs and stopwatches during the 1920s and ‘30s. The monopusher chronograph calibre 17.29, developed by the Manufacture during the 1930s, to meet the needs for precise timekeeping, has served as a guide for developing the Montblanc 1858 Collection that includes the Montblanc 1858 Chronograph Tachymeter Limited Edition 100, the Montblanc 1858 Manual Small Second, and now the brand new Montblanc 1858 Automatic Small Second.
Montblanc's wish to demonstrate the value of 158 years of rich heritage and to be constantly looking for best watchmaking performance is also expressed through its ability to pay tribute to its abundant past while enriching the Maison with new pieces.
In keeping with this principle, Montblanc has found inspiration in the design of the legendary Minerva wristwatches of the 1930s, taking historic elements from these classic designs and transforming them into an urban-cool vintage look today. On the historical side, a fluted crown with a coaxial push-piece is reminiscent of the early crowns that were designed for easy grasp, while the elegant deep black dial, contrasting with its large white luminescent Arabic numerals, large “cathedral” hands, counters and a railway track, is also typical of the period. Round cases with curved horns have all been refined, completing the contemporary look. The aesthetics of the Montblanc 1858 Collection honour the vintage designs of Minerva's historic timepieces, highlighting the spirit of adventure that has always been at the heart of the collection.
The Montblanc 1858 Automatic Small Second timepiece boasts a fine bezel that maximises the clarity of the dial, both at night and during the day. It does this at night thanks to 12 large Arabic numerals and “cathedral” hands coated with white Super-LumiNova®. To further underline the retro design with the aged appearance of the luminescent paint, the dial features the historic Montblanc logo from the 1930s and a seconds subdial at 6 o'clock, which is typical of this kind of instrument in the 1930s.
The attention to detail in this collection extends right through to the brown strap which has been crafted in the Montblanc Pelletteria, the Maison’s own leather manufacture in Florence, Italy, using an ingenious painting technique called Sfumato. The watch is also available with a vintage-style Milanese stainless steel bracelet, combining high-resistance and smoothness for an equally comfortable and elegant fit.
Model: Montblanc 1858 Automatic Small Second
Type of movement: Mechanical movement with automatic winding
Number of rubies: 31
Power reserve: Approx. 38 hours
Balance: Flat hoop
Frequency: 28,800 A/h (3 Hz)
Hours and minutes in the centre
Small seconds at “6 o’clock”
Crystal: Scratch-resistant, domed sapphire and antireflective crystal
Back: Stainless steel with special decoration
Diameter= 44 mm; height= 12.20 mm
Water-resistance: 3 bar
Crown: Stainless steel with Montblanc emblem in raised relief
Black dial with Super-LumiNova®-coated Arabic numerals, rhodium-plated luminescent hour-hand and minute-hand, historical Montblanc emblem at 12 o’clock
Sfumato Leather strap
Also available with a Milanese stainless steel bracelet (Ident. 115074)
At the Geneva International Motor Show conducted in March this year, Swiss luxury watch brand Roger Dubuis has announced its partnership wit...
Matthias Naeschke creates luxurious and bespoke timepieces that excite passion and engagement for professionals and clock aficionados alike ...
Ulysse Nardin Jade is now available in 3 entirely stunning editions with handcrafted enamel dials. Complex and difficult to achieve, the d...
This year, Chopard presents a platinum version of the L.U.C Lunar One. Available in a 100-piece limited series, this new model boasts a deep...
H. Moser & Cie. presents a cosmic green dial version of its Venturer Small Seconds XL Purity model, an elegant watch which, at 43 mm, ha...
Unveiled in 2012 and since interpreted through a variety of limited editions, the X-TREM-1 series is one of the best sellers from Christophe...
Arnold & Son unveils a new rendition of its unique DBG dual-time (GMT) timepiece, the DBG Skeleton. An acronym for “double balance” and ...
Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood began in 1951 – underwater – when actors playing naval diving heroes wore Hamilton watches in the Osc...
Of classic watch design and yet discretely sportive, this charismatic gent’s chronograph pays homage to times when in watchmaking chronograp...
Swiss luxury watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin updates its Traditionnelle collection by unveiling a 10 piece platinum limited edition ve...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)