NORD ZEITMASCHINE, the independent Swiss watch brand founded by watch maker Daniel Nebel, announces its new timepiece, the FREESDIAL.
As the name suggests, the FREESDIAL wrist watch features dials that are not fixed in place (FREE DIALS) and on the other hand that the hands and dials of this watch move in “FREESTYLE”. The special minute hand, which also changes in length, moves over the moving dials (FREE DIALS). On the back of the watch, 3 additional, freely rotating indicator discs (FREE DIALS) are integrated in the winding rotor.
These 3 indicator discs are each installed centrally with a ball bearing and rotate freely around their respective axis of rotation. The hand and dials of the minute indication move in a specific “FREESTYLE” manner and fundamentally differ from other watches, which usually feature a fixed watch face and hands that continuously rotate from the centre of the watch. The NORD N4 movement contains 30 ruby jewels and 14 precision ball bearings.
The hand changes its length over the course of the 60 minutes by means of the additional eccentric lever. The additional eccentric lever is connected via a connecting rod with the hand tip that shifts. As a result, the tip of the hand moves and slides up and down on the main hand, in which the tip of the hand achieves the greatest lift per minute at approx 15 minutes and 45 minutes. In turn, the main hand reaches its greatest lift and highest speed per minute in the area of 60 minutes and 30 minutes and moves slower in the area of 15 minutes and 45 minutes.
Due to the use of eccentric cams, which drive the hand and dials, in the course of 60 minutes, they move at varying speeds. The interaction between the hand and dials is designed in such a manner that at the point of high lift per minute of the hand, the dials move with a small lift per minute and vice versa. Each of the 2 dials is mounted on a separate support, which has a ball bearing mounted pivot point. The support to which the respective dial is secured has a weight on the opposite side and is designed in such a manner that the centre of gravity of the entire dial support group is located exactly above the ball bearing mounted pivot point.
The 24h ring of the GMT display can be adjusted with the left crown in both directions at any time and completely independently. A fixed disc is located in the centre of the GMT display with the indications for day and night. When the arrow (of the GMT display) moves in the upper half of the disc, it is day and when it moves in the lower half, it is night.
The date is indicated through a large window at the top left. An additional date window is located on the opposite side on the right, which however is covered by a grill and has only been placed here in order to achieve visual symmetry.
Three smaller, ball bearing mounted and freely movable indicator discs (FREE DIALS) are integrated in the 360° winding rotor mounted on the reverse, which do not have a mechanical function and only serve as a visual and playful element. The movement of the watch does not only rotate the winding rotor, but also the 3 smaller, 5-arm indicator discs. The following 5 digits are visible per each small indicator disc: 7, 5 (shown as a 5-pointed star), 3 (shown as a 3-pointed star), 1 (shown as an arrow) and 0. Due to the movement of the watch, the 3 small freely movable indicator discs are brought into movement, enabled by an asymmetrical cut-out on the inside of the indicator discs. Three markings are visible centrally on the winding rotor, to which the 3 indicator discs point during standstill.
The highest number of combinations is 3 times a 7, therefore 777, which point to the central markings of the winding rotor.
Minutes, by means of a hand that changes in length, controlled via 2 counter-rotating eccentric cams and 2 movable dials.
Day & night
NORD N4, 30 ruby jewels and 14 integrated precision micro ball bearings
Sliding parts as the minute hand from the material Arcap
360° winding rotor with 3 integrated free dials
28800 vibrations per hour
Power reserve to 42 h
Base movement: ETA 2824
Stainless steel / bezel and sapphire crystal back, secured with 8 screws
2 crowns each with double o-ring seals
Diameter: 44,3 mm / height 14,7 mm (15,7 over the domed glass)
Weight: 110 grams
Calf leather strap, wide 26mm
V1 mechanical parts coated: black gold / white rhodium, hand dark yellow gold limited to 97 pieces, from N° 01 to N° 97
V2 mechanical parts coated: white rhodium / black gold limited to 97 pieces, from N° 01 to N° 97
23`700 CHF (excl. Tax)
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Revealed at SIHH 2017, the Reverso Tribute Duo with its pink gold case boasts two contrasting dials – both equally refined and each displayi...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
F.P. Journe presents the third and last edition of the Vagabondage Series, “Vagabondage III”, produced in a limited series of 69 pieces in P...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)