Specially dedicated to passionate collectors and aficionados of high horology creations, the World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930 is a rare offer from the prestigious Geneva based watch manufacture as it incorporates two long-standing Patek Philippe specialties – Chronograph & World Time - that true connoisseurs so far have seen only in a single piece from the 1940s.
To date, only a single Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph is known, a one-of-a-kind piece crafted over 70 years ago. It is wristwatch no. 862442 dated 1940 (Patek Philippe Museum Inv. P996) featuring a dial with pulsimeter and asthmometer scales, and it probably belonged to a physician.
With the Ref.5930, Patek Philippe is now adding the World Time Chronograph as a new member to its regular collection, simultaneously upgrading it to the 21st-century state of the art. This is an ambitious venture, because both the World Time watch and the chronograph have made epochal progress at Patek Philippe since 1940. The mechanisms have become more precise but also more complex, so it was challenging to integrate both functions into one movement.
On the dial, both complications are seamlessly integrated. The outermost display element in blue lists the 24 city names that each represents an entire time zone. It has been updated with new cities for some time zones – for instance Dubai instead of Riyadh or Brisbane instead of Nouméa – and takes into account the fact that Moscow changed its local time from UTC+4 to UTC+3.
A small gap between the city disk and the 24-hour ring accommodates the seconds scale for chronograph measurements. It is a narrow white circular scale with fourth-of-a-second graduations. This subdivision reflects the movement frequency of 4 hertz (28,800 A/h), which allows times to be stopped to an accuracy of one-eighth of a second. The 24-hour ring, which continuously rotates counter clockwise, doubles as a day/night indicator. It has bright numerals on a dark background and a moon symbol for the nocturnal hours as well as dark numerals on a bright background and a sun symbol for the daylight hours.
The new Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930 launches in 2016 in a version with a white-gold case and a blue, hand-guilloched dial center. It is worn on a hand-stitched matt navy blue alligator strap with large square scales to match the dial. An 18K white-gold Calatrava fold-over clasp keeps the watch comfortably secured to the wrist.
Ref. 5930 World Time Chronograph
Caliber CH 28-520 HU
Self-winding mechanical movement, column-wheel chronograph, vertical clutch, local time, display of 24 time zones, day/night indication
Diameter: Overall: 33.00 mm
Basic caliber: 30.00 mm
Time-zone module: 33.00 mm
Height: Overall: 7.91 mm
Basic caliber: 4.9 mm
Time-zone module: 3.01 mm
Number of parts: 343
Number of jewels: 38
Power reserve: Min. 50, max. 55 hours
Centrifugal mass: Central rotor in 21K gold, unidirectional winding
Frequency: 28,800 semi-oscillations per hour (4 Hz)
Balance spring: Spiromax®
Balance spring stud: Adjustable
– Pulled out: To set the time
– Pushed in: To wind the watch
• Local time in hours and minutes
• Chronograph hand (trotteuse)
• 30-minute chronograph counter
• City disk with 24 place names
• 24-hour ring with day/night indication in colors and sun/moon symbols
Chronograph start and stop at 2 o'clock
Chronograph reset and flyback at 4 o'clock
Time zone adjustment at 10 o'clock (synchronized adjustment of displays in
one-hour steps for the hour hand and 1/24th counter clockwise increments for the city disk and the 24-hour ring)
Patek Philippe Seal
18K white gold
Sapphire-crystal case back
Water resistant to 30 meters (3 bar)
Case dimensions: Diameter: 39.50 mm
Length (across lugs): 48.23 mm
Width (3 to 9 o'clock incl. crown): 42.85 mm
Thickness (crystal to display back): 12.86 mm
Width between lugs: 21 mm
- City disk blue, names printed white
- 24-hour ring with day/night indication in color and sun/moon symbols (day: blue numerals on silvery background; night: white numerals on blue background)
- Center navy blue, hand-guilloched
Applied baton hour markers in 18K white gold
Hours and minutes: Dauphine hands in 18K white gold, 3 facets, Superluminova coating
Parfil chronograph hand in rhodiumed steel
30-minute counter hand, baton style, counter balanced, rhodiumed steel
Hand-stitched alligator with large square scales
Matt navy blue with fold-over clasp in 18K white gold
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)