At Baselworld 2016, Perrelet has presented its very latest creation: “LAB”.
Perrelet, a name bound up with the origins of the automatic movement, is founded on a proud horological tradition faithfully perpetuated since 1777 and that has never ceased to surprise observers. Fired by powerful creativity and a boundless spirit of innovation, the Swiss-based Maison offers devotees of fine watchmaking a range of exclusively mechanical and impeccable finished timepieces.
After broadening the classic “First Class” line in recent years, as well as enriching the ladies’ collection with “Amytis”, and the sportier “Turbine” range, the new “LAB” model heralds a casual chic collection admirably complementing the current collections.
Building on its mastery of all phases involved in producing a watch in-house via its own Manufactures, ranging from the development and production of movement components –including the escapement, the regulating organ and the balance -spring – to designing and crafting the cases, dials and finishing work, Perrelet has thus given rise to the LAB.
This timepiece remains true to the values and DNA of the brand with its signature “dial in motion”. While the many variations of the latter include the classic Double Rotor, the Turbine or the Amytis for women, Perrelet has opted for a discreet and refined version in the LAB line. Its Manufacture movement enables the LAB to combine technical perfection with a captivating and innovative design.
The stainless steel 42 x 42 mm case is cushion-shaped with soft, rounded lines along with brushed and polished lugs. The case middle features a vertical decoration composed of tiny raised rectangles. The polished octagonal bezel with its satin-brushed profile endow the model with considerable character. The case-back fitted with a sapphire crystal is assembled with six screws, forming a sturdy and strong case guaranteed water-resistant to 5 bar.
While the latter is generally visible through the case-back, the LAB watch enables passionate devotees of the watchmaking art to observe the motion of the oscillating weight while reading the time. This technical innovation was made possible by Caliber P-411, produced within the Manufacture. The oscillating weight is fixed to a toothed wheel (with toothing on the inside) known as a “couronne”, itself positioned on the outer part of the movement that meshes with a pinion placed on the outer rim of the movement. The rotor is adorned with a screw-down plate bearing a slanted-line decoration that may be admired through the transparent hours ring.
Displaying the hours, minutes and seconds by central hands and the date at 6 o’clock, the LAB has a 42-hour power reserve.
The watch is fitted with a black alligator leather strap and a stainless steel folding clasp with the Perrelet logo.
Ref. A 1100/1 (silver-toned dial version)
Ref. A 1100/2 (anthracite dial version)
Ref. A 1100/3 (black dial version)
Manufacture Perrelet P-411 caliber, mechanical automatic movement
Vibrations per hour: 28,800 (4Hz)
Power reserve: 42 hours
Bridges: rhodium plated and adorned with a Côtes de Genève motif
Oscillating weight: rhodiumed, decorated, screw-down plate with slanted-line motif
Central hours, minutes and seconds hands, date at 6 o’clock
Cushion-shaped, stainless steel
Size: 42mm x 42mm
Thickness: 13.25 mm
Sapphire crystal glare-proofed on both sides
Case-back fitted with a sapphire crystal
Case-back secured by 6 screws
Water resistance: 5 bar
Central part in silver-toned, anthracite and black versions, with vertical decoration and circular brushed rim
Sapphire crystal hours ring
Cut-out hour-markers enhanced by SuperLuminova
Oscillating weight visible through the hours ring
Date window at 6 o’clock (white disk with black numerals for the silver-toned dial version, black disk with white numerals for the anthracite and black dials)
Black alligator leather with stainless steel folding clasp
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Re-Belle, the wonderful ladies’ watch collection from the luxury Swiss watch brand CVSTOS, now welcome new iterations. After a first succes...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)