Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin unveils Maître Cabinotier retrograde armillary tourbillon, a unique type of watch that takes up the two original complications of the most complicated watch ever made, the Ref. 57260 that incorporates 57 complications.
The Maître Cabinotier retrograde armillary tourbillon model timepiece bearing the Hallmark of Geneva was produced by the three master watchmakers who created Ref. 57260. In this brand new wristwatch, the manufacture has incorporated two of the complicated features of the superwatch: the armillary tourbillon and the double retrograde indication. Its contemporary styling opens the remarkable structure of the calibre 1990 movement to view. The high-precision manually wound movement is housed in a 45.7mm case in white gold. Four patent applications have been filed for this unique model.
The Maître Cabinotier retrograde armillary tourbillon model is the first born of this project. It’s a remake of two of the Ref. 57260’s complications, the double retrograde indications and the armillary tourbillon, in a contemporary guise. The retrograde function governs the hours and minutes while the tourbillon revolves on two axes and has a spherical balance-spring. The movement coated with NAC (a special metal alloy) is also revealed through lateral windows in its imposing case. This timepiece forms part of the select Maître Cabinotier collection, which showcases Vacheron Constantin’s horological achievements, customised work and overall excellence.
Another feature that makes the Maître Cabinotier retrograde armillary tourbillon watch original is the modern styling applied to the architecture and finish of the movement. The calibre 1990 is electro-plated with an NAC treatment in a dark anthracite colour creating a mirror-polished effect. On the dial side the movement displays its modern architecture with sharply cut bridges tempered by a sunburst satin finish and Geneva stripes.
On the right, the retrograde minutes and hours hands describe a semicircle over a sunburst satin finish punctuated by applied white-gold hour markers and a black minutes scale. Placed symmetrically, the tourbillon carriage carries the seconds pointer around a scale on a silvered disc. The Poinçon de Genève hallmark is exceptionally also engraved on the dial side above the inscription “Armillary Tourbillon” to certify the supreme quality of this timepiece.
Four patents are pending for the calibre 1990 inventive features:
1. The instantaneous retrograde system: The minutes cam alone determines when the hands for the minutes and the hours fly back. The retrograde action of both hands is thus synchronised at noon and at midnight.
2. The collet: The collet fixing the spring to the balance staff is made in lightweight titanium to improve the isochronism of the balance. Titanium’s weight and volume match those of the other materials in the regulating organ, making the collet ideal for use in a tourbillon.
3. The multi-carriage tourbillon: The tourbillion is made up of two carriages, one inside the other. As they rotate they form a Maltese Cross every 15 seconds. The tourbillon has a Vacheron escapement and sprung balance. The escape wheel is made of silicon with a diamond-like coating, while the diamond pallet stones have a very low coefficient of friction.
4. The lever: The silicon lever can be fitted with movable pallet stones so that the watchmaker can adjust them as in a conventional pallet lever. The diamond coating of the lever makes it stronger and more resistant to wear, while the friction between the fork and impulse pin is markedly reduced.
Model: Maître Cabinotier retrograde armillary tourbillon
Hallmark of Geneva certified timepiece
Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
35 mm (15’’’ ¾) diameter, 10 mm thick
Approximately 65 hours of power reserve
2.5 Hz (18,000 vibrations/hour)
Instantaneous retrograde hours
Instantaneous retrograde minutes
Small seconds at 9 o’clock on tourbillon carriage
2-axis armillary tourbillon
18K white gold
45.7 mm diameter, 20.06 mm thick
Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
Hours/minutes dial: silver-colored, sun satin-finished, 18K white gold applied hour-markers, painted minute-track
Seconds dial: silver-colored, sun satin-finished, painted minute track
Black Mississippiensis alligator leather with alligator leather inner shell, hand-stitched, saddle-finish, large square scales
18K white gold triple-blade folding clasp
Polished half Maltese cross-shaped
« Pièce Unique » engraved on caseback
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Anonimo reinforces its presence in Verbier and announces a new partnership with the W Hotel in the Place Blanche. Present this year in the s...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
The Vintage Style Calendar is the French watch brand William L. 1985's latest offering and has a brand new canvas blue style textile str...
Japanese watchmaker CITIZEN has announced their foray into online retail with the launch of their Online Store (www.citizenshop.me), accessi...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
- JS Watch co. Sif Volcano Edition
- SARCAR Goldfish
- REBELLION Sapphire 540 Magnum Tourbillon
- Maîtres Du Temps - Fine Arts Pocket Watch Collecti...
- Maurice Lacroix Aikon Collection
- Maurice Lacroix - New Eliros Collection : Eliros 4...
- Maurice Lacroix - New Pontos Collection: Pontos 41...
- Maurice Lacroix - Masterpiece Skeleton & Masterpie...
- Avenir Métiers D’art First Prize INMA 2015 Won by ...
- Tissot T-Race MotoGPTM Automatic Limited Edition 2...
- BOVET - Lady BOVET Flower of Life Amadeo® Fleurier...
- Tissot T-Touch Expert Solar CBA Special Edition
- Zenith Academy Tourbillon Georges Favre-Jacot Blac...
- Zenith Heritage Pilot Café Racer
- Tissot Quickster Chicago Bulls Special Edition
- Tissot PRC 200 Tour de France Special Edition
- Tissot Le Locle Regulateur
- Tissot Le Locle Automatic Lady
- Tissot Heritage1936
- Tissot Generosi-T
- Tissot Bridgeport Lepine Mechanical Pocket Watch
- Tissot Bella Ora Piccola
- Hemel - HM (Hemel Military) Series Watch Collectio...
- Vacheron Constantin Maître Cabinotier Retrograde A...
- TAG Heuer becomes Official Series Sponsor of FIM E...
- RJ-Romain Jerome Batman-DNA Gotham City Limited Ed...
- Lebois& Co Avantgarde Date - 2nd Re-launch Edition...
- Gc LadyChic Firework
- Harry Winston Premier Precious Weaving Automatic 3...
- Graff Luxury Watches – Gyrograff World
- Graff Luxury Watches - Mastergraff Perpetual Calen...
- Gc LadyChic Diamond Swirl
- Emile Chouriet “Alchimie”
- Omega Speedmaster Grey Side of the Moon “Meteorite...
- Omega Speedmaster “CK2998” Limited Edition
- Gc Structura - Swiss Made Quartz Chronograph
- Harry Winston Project Z10 Limited Edition
- Hamilton Jazzmaster Face 2 Face II Limited Edition...
- Hamilton Khaki Field Full Black Collection
- Emile Chouriet Classic Wisdom
- Harry Winston Histoire de Tourbillon 7 Limited Edi...
- Andreas Strehler Lune Exacte
- Andreas Strehler Time Shadow Limited Edition
- Patek Philippe Grandmaster Chime Ref. 6300
- Perrelet Lab Collection
- Rebellion RE-1 Lugaci
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80
- Salvatore Ferragamo F-80 MOTION
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924 Calibre 39 Limited Editi...
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1924
- Dreyfuss & Co Series 1974 Diamond Collection
- Rotary Tradition Line - Tradition Automatic & Trad...
- Rotary Ultra Slim
- Rotary Legacy Collection
- Rodania launches new, high-quality Belgian watch b...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Superior Business Multifun...
- Roamer of Switzerland - Swiss Matic Swinging Heart...
- Roamer of Switzerland – Searock Ladies
- Roamer of Switzerland – Lady Sweetheart
- Perrelet Diamond Flower Amytis
- Versace Rêvive
- Versace DV 25
- Versace Vanitas Ceramic
- Patek Philippe World Time Chronograph Ref. 5930
- Patek Philippe Calatrava "Timeless White" Ref. 712...
- Versace V-Race Diver
- SILVANA Lady LeMarbre 28mm
- Patek Philippe Annual Calendar Ref. 5396
- Patek Philippe World Time Watch Ref. 5230
- Leroy Osmior Chronographe Monopoussoir Automatique...
- Rolex Cosmograph Daytona - A Chronograph Born To R...
- Breitling for Bentley - GMT B04 S Carbon Body Limi...
- Breitling Avenger Hurricane
- Breitling Superocean Héritage Chronoworks® Limited...
- DOXA Trofeo TC Advance Limited Edition
- DOXA TELEMETER
- DOXA - New Trofeo T-Master Limited Edition (Model ...
- DOXA - New Shark Ceramica L Collection
- Movado Edge Watch Collection – In Collaboration wi...
- Manufacture Royale 1770 Haute Voltige
- Jaermann & Stübi Royal Open Course Timer & GMT Bra...
- Jaermann & Stübi Ian Woosnam Serie 1 Limited Editi...
- Swiss Military by Chrono - SM34054 Limited Edition...
- SWISS MILITARY by Chrono - Official Licensed Produ...
- Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
- Armand Nicolet O.H.M. LB6 Limited Edition
- Certina DS-8 Chronograph Moon Phase
- Anonimo Militare Alpini Camouflage
- Ali & Co - Mysterali and Alicious (Reversible Watc...
- Breguet Perles Impériales High Jewellery Watch
- BREGUET TYPE XXI 3817
- Breguet Reine De Naples Princesse Mini 9818
- Breguet Héritage Grande Date 5410
- Breguet Classique Phase De Lune Dame 9088
- Breguet Classique 7147
- Breguet Classique Hora Mundi 5727
- Breguet Tradition Dame 7038
- Breguet Tradition Répétition Minutes Tourbillon 70...
- Anonimo Militare VINTAGE Limited Edition
- The Rolex Daytona
- ▼ March 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)