Designed by Yvan Arpa and engineered by MHC, Manufacture Hautes Complications, the new ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon 1/1 retain their unique aesthetic signature – a guitar-shaped case, patented by ArtyA. At six o’clock, these versions feature a flying tourbillon displaying the passing seconds. Opposite it, at twelve, is the barrel, with a fully redesigned bridge. The assembly is housed in a fully open-work X-shaped structure, inspired by the X-bracing used to support guitar bodies.
This structure houses the entire movement, allowing the Son of Sound Tourbillon to be hollowed out between each arm of the X. The watch is therefore literally transfused with light, revealing all the intricate details of its polished and satin finishes, and blending subtle shades of grey, black and ArtyOr.
- Exclusive ArtyA flying tourbillon, designed by Yvan Arpa and engineered by MHC, manual winding
- Exceptional, iconic patented shape featured in various museums as an emblematic timeless design
- The wood on the X Bridges on the front are made by superimposing layers of rare Amboina wood, Maple and Tulip Tree resulting in a very special and unique coloration. At the back the only wood use is Amboina
- Tourbillon cage bridges recall the exclusive design of the watch hands
- One crown for setting the time and winding, shaped like a guitar tuning peg
- Design of the barrel balances the tourbillon cage
- Bridges form an X shape, hand polished, 4 different levels - Rear bridges with 2 levels
- Upper& lower bridges: Fine polished top / polished angles
- Going Train: Rhodium-plated / angle polished arm
Power reserve: 100 hrs
Frequency: 21,600 vph
Case dimensions: 37x49 mm, depth: 15mm
Tourbillon diameter: 13.60mm
Hours, minutes, seconds on tourbillon
Case is humidity and dust protected only (not water resistant)
ArtyOr & black PVD case
Two non-reflective sapphire crystals, front and back
Price: 170'000.- CHF
Co-founded by Sydney Dong and Dr Christopher Tay, Hong Kong based watch brand SD-09 presents its Spacecraft Timepiece on popular crowd fundi...
With the Aqua series, German watch brand NOMOS Glashütte is extending the significant success of the neomatik collection . The new collec...
In this new rose-gold Haute Joaillerie version, the Aquanaut Luce combines the most complex jewel setting techniques (invisible and snow set...
The new CableForce series enriches the Gc men’s line with a new design for men with a strong personality. Intricate wire details on the beze...
The new KonTiki Diver watch takes inspiration from a vintage ETERNA dive watch from the 1970s. Divers at the time used “no decompression” ta...
Gc celebrates its 20th anniversary with a limited edition timepiece for men. True to its watchmaking savoir-faire, the Gc 20th Anniversary i...
During Baselworld 2016, Paul Picot has launched the Atelier Cherry Blossom, a time piece that appeal to women who appreciate elegant lines, ...
In 1999, taking inspiration from the regulator clocks of 18th century, Oris created the world’s first dive watch featuring a regulator dial....
Swiss watch brand Eterna marks the 70th anniversary of Thor Heyerdahl’s legendary KonTiki expedition with a bold new limited edition timepie...
The Atelier Regulator timepiece with lapis lazuli stone dial perfectly reflects the fundamental values of Paul Picot, the Le Noirmont based ...