Designed by Yvan Arpa and engineered by MHC, Manufacture Hautes Complications, the new ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon 1/1 retain their unique aesthetic signature – a guitar-shaped case, patented by ArtyA. At six o’clock, these versions feature a flying tourbillon displaying the passing seconds. Opposite it, at twelve, is the barrel, with a fully redesigned bridge. The assembly is housed in a fully open-work X-shaped structure, inspired by the X-bracing used to support guitar bodies.
This structure houses the entire movement, allowing the Son of Sound Tourbillon to be hollowed out between each arm of the X. The watch is therefore literally transfused with light, revealing all the intricate details of its polished and satin finishes, and blending subtle shades of grey, black and ArtyOr.
- Exclusive ArtyA flying tourbillon, designed by Yvan Arpa and engineered by MHC, manual winding
- Exceptional, iconic patented shape featured in various museums as an emblematic timeless design
- The wood on the X Bridges on the front are made by superimposing layers of rare Amboina wood, Maple and Tulip Tree resulting in a very special and unique coloration. At the back the only wood use is Amboina
- Tourbillon cage bridges recall the exclusive design of the watch hands
- One crown for setting the time and winding, shaped like a guitar tuning peg
- Design of the barrel balances the tourbillon cage
- Bridges form an X shape, hand polished, 4 different levels - Rear bridges with 2 levels
- Upper& lower bridges: Fine polished top / polished angles
- Going Train: Rhodium-plated / angle polished arm
Power reserve: 100 hrs
Frequency: 21,600 vph
Case dimensions: 37x49 mm, depth: 15mm
Tourbillon diameter: 13.60mm
Hours, minutes, seconds on tourbillon
Case is humidity and dust protected only (not water resistant)
ArtyOr & black PVD case
Two non-reflective sapphire crystals, front and back
Price: 170'000.- CHF
The Foundation of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève has pre-selected 72 timepieces pre-selected by the jury for this 17th edition of the...
Oris Big Crown D.26 286 HB-RAG - Limited Edition Watch Inspired By the Historic Dewoitine D.26 AircraftSwiss watch brand Oris unveils a limited edition watch into its Big Crown family celebrating the unique role played in aviation history by t...
Canadian watch brand Solar Lab Co. presents Gnomon, an exceptional single handed automatic wristwatch that combines the aesthetics of ancien...
For its latest timepiece collection, Swiss watch brand Bell & Ross draws inspiration from the retro-influenced Bellytanker race car. Iss...
TAG Heuer and Tom Brady, brand ambassador since 2015, quarterback of the New England Patriots and five-time Super Bowl champion, has unveile...
Created by a group of watch lovers living in Japan, micro-watch brand Karl-Leimon announces the launch of its Moonphase Watch collection. Th...
A. Lange & Söhne’s four popular watch models - LANGE 1, LANGE 1 DAYMATIC, SAXONIA and SAXONIA AUTOMATIC - are now also available in a cl...
Traditional Swiss watch maker Armand Nicolet has launched its new service, the Trade In, which offers customers a new and exciting way to ac...
Following the Startimer Pilot Automatic launch at Baselworld 2017, Alpina now presents the Startimer Pilot Quartz GMT, a new model from its ...
Two years after launching its sensational horology creation FB 1, the Swiss luxury watch brand Chronomètre FERDINAND BERTHOUD presents this ...