The Girard-Perregaux Manufacture celebrates its 225 years of history with « Girard-Perregaux Place Girardet », an exceptional and unprecedented collection comprising 225 unique timepieces. Each dial is notable for its original combination of decorations. And, for the very first time, the Manufacture’s emblematic Pont d’or, soars above a Microvar balance wheel.
Thanks to a new automatic manufacture calibre, the opening below the Golden Bridge reveals the variable inertia Microvar balance. Each dial of this emblematic collection reveals a small golden plate engraved with a year between 1791 and 2016. At the center of the timepiece, a quote recalls a remarkable event of the year, starting with the founding date of Girard-Perregaux, in 1791. The Manufacture refines further the personalization of each watch in this series with a different index style, minutes scale and its decoration: barley-corn or cross-weave basket guilloche with a satin or sandblasted finish.
Girard-Perregaux’s independence grants it total freedom for innovation. Proof is the 80+ patents its patrimony holds. The « Girard-Perregaux Place Girardet » series traces back the memorable moments of the Manufacture’s extraordinary history. For example: in 1889, Girard-Perregaux won a gold medal at the Paris Universal Exhibition for its « Tourbillon with Three Gold Bridges ». Then, in 1966, the Maison presented the Gyromatic HF of 1966, first high frequency movement with 36'000 vibrations per hour. In 2008, the Manufacture unveiled yet another revolutionary innovation, the « Constant Escapement » : a constant force escapement conceived under the physics principle of bowing, which had not yet been applied to watchmaking.
More recently, in 2009, Girard-Perregaux presented its new variable inertia balance, the Microvar, and embeded it in the « Girard-Perregaux Place Girardet » series movement. At the heart of a watch, the balance wheel divides the movement’s energy in equal portions - the famous « tick-tock ». An exclusive development, the Microvar balance entails 6 screws and 2 flyweights positioned on the rim of the balance wheel. This combination enables a finer adjustment of the energy regulation, thus improving precision in time measurement. In its 225 year history, Girard-Perregaux’s consistently delivered watchmaking innovations in all fields of time measurement: design, complications or chronometry.
At 9 o’clock, the small golden plaque, mounted directly on the movement, appears on the face through a window. At the center, a quote emphasizes a relevant event of the year displayed: be it in Girard-Perregaux’s history or in horology’s, but also cultural, scientific or politically significant milestones. Thus, the year 1808, with its taupe dial and flamboyant guilloché, celebrates Beethoven’s N°5 Symphony. Or in the case of the 1963 model a quote with a blue coarse sandblasted dial, recounts the first woman’s flight in space.
The sapphire crystal case-back reveals the calibre and its gold oscillating weight, which is also engraved with Girard-Perregaux’s founding date, 1791. The new GP01800-0005 automatic mechanical calibre constitutes an evolution of the manufacture movement GP01800. In this new development, with completely revamped architecture and design, Girard-Perregaux has moved the variable inertia Microvar balance on the dial side, creating an unprecedented animation.
In this anniversary year 2016, the « Girard-Perregaux Place Girardet » collection, a contemporary culmination of more than two centuries of horological expertise, pays as much homage to the Manufacture’s history as to that of its crafts, since 1791.
The Girard-Perregaux Place Girardet case, in pink gold, boasts a 41 mm diameter, and a height slightly under eleven millimeters. The case and lugs extend into a black alligator strap, with a deployment buckle, also in pink gold. The watch is guaranteed water resistant to 30 meters.
Case and dial
Material: pink gold
Diameter: 41.00 mm
Height: 10.89 mm high
Glass: sapphire anti-reflective
Case-back: sapphire crystal
Dial: 225 unique dials with applied or painted numbers/indexes. Dial design recalling a period of time between 1791 and 2016.
Hands: leaf-shaped hands
Water resistance: 30 metres (3 ATM)
Reference: GP01800-0005, mechanical with automatic winding
Diameter: 28.00 mm (131/4’’’)
Height: 3.80 mm
Frequency: 28,800 Vib/h – (4 Hz)
Number of components: 194
Power reserve: min. 54 hours
Functions: hour, minute, central second
Material: stitched black alligator
Buckle: pink gold folding buckle
For the first time, Speake-Marin combines on a single watch a minute repeater carillon, a tourbillon and an animation of the dial which brin...
At SIHH 2017 luxury watch fair, Vacheron Constantin have unveiled one of the most complicated mechanical wristwatches of modern era: the L...
Rado's super slim True Thinline collection has added chic models in four colourful new high-tech ceramic variatons. With their detail-fr...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
Due to requests from customers and collectors eager to savour the view of the Galet Classic Tourbillon’s spectacle not only from the movemen...
Revealed at SIHH 2017, the Reverso Tribute Duo with its pink gold case boasts two contrasting dials – both equally refined and each displayi...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
F.P. Journe presents the third and last edition of the Vagabondage Series, “Vagabondage III”, produced in a limited series of 69 pieces in P...
- T F Est. 1968 Automatic Belt
- RGM 151-COE Corps of Engineers Watch
- Oris El Hierro Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ Polvs Arcticus, Double Tourbillon GMT
- Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu Limited Edition
- Ace Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma becomes the Bran...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art Dragon Unique Pieces - ...
- ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon
- Jaeger-LeCoultre opens its boutiques in Vancouver ...
- Frederique Constant Classics Art of Porcelain
- Vacheron Constantin Quai de l’Ile Stainless Steel ...
- IWC Schaffhausen: Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “7...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Its Third Italian Boutique ...
- MeisterSinger - Circularis Automatic & Second-Gene...
- MeisterSinger Paleograph with Gray Dial
- MeisterSinger Singulator With Gray Dial, Limited E...
- MeisterSinger Salthora Meta Transparent
- Graham Graham Chronofighter Vintage
- Balticus Grey Seal
- Breitling Navitimer 1884 Limited Edition
- Hublot Celebrates Grand Opening of Its New Fifth A...
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 1 TIME ZONE 'Como Edition'
- Wristwatch Revival - A Traditional Wristwatch in a...
- Glashütte Original Opens New Brand Boutiques in Be...
- E.C.Andersson Bohuslän Swiss Made Automatic Dive W...
- ArtyA Son of Sound Guitar “God Save ArtyA”
- XERIC SOLOSCOPE Automatic
- MB&F Legacy Machine No1 M.A.D. Dubai Limited Editi...
- Glashütte Original Senator Excellence
- Balmain Swiss Watches Kerria
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Annual Calendar Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Tour Auto Edit...
- G. Gerlach m/s Batory Limited Edition
- Straton Watch Company Curve-Chrono
- Roger Dubuis - Blossom Velvet Pink and Blossom Vel...
- Carl F. Bucherer Manero Flyback
- Gavox Avidiver
- LEPSI Presents Demagnetiser & Mobile App
- ANDERSEN Genève “Perpetual Secular Calendar” 20th ...
- Edox World Curling Federation Timepieces Collectio...
- Lebeau-Courally Le Marquis Haute Joaillerie
- Balmain Swiss Watches – Euphelia
- Frédéric Jouvenot FJ ACE-001 Automatic Chronograph...
- Luxury Suisse and World Watch Market to make debut...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Chelsea Limited ...
- Bell & Ross - BR‑X1 RS16 Skeleton Chronograph & BR...
- Leroy Marine Automatic Chronograph
- Leroy Marine Automatic Deck Chronometer
- CITIZEN Eco Drive AT9082-01A
- Vulcain First Lady Jewellery Automatic Limited Edi...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch 39mm, Electric Blue ...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch – Classic Automatic
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Cloisonné Grand Feu “Posei...
- Vulcain Anniversary Heart Calendar
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch Tradition, Featuring...
- Versace V-RACE Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
- Versace Dylos Icon
- Hermès Slim d’Hermès Pocket Panthère
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès, New Models
- Oris Williams Valtteri Bottas Limited Edition
- Oris Williams Chronograph Carbon Fibre Extreme
- HYT H1 Ghost
- Franck Muller Opens the First Luxury Boutique in Y...
- H. Moser & Cie. Celebrates the 150th Anniversary o...
- Calvin Klein bare
- Hermès Pocket plein cuir
- Hermès Arceau Pocket La promenade de Platon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Email grand feu
- Hermès Faubourg Manchette Joaillerie
- Hermès Arceau Tigre Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ TLALOC
- KERBEDANZ VERT
- HUBLOT King Power Unico Special Edition “Chengdu S...
- Urban Jürgensen Jules Collection - Reference 2240 ...
- Mondaine Enhances Watch Functionality with Oberthu...
- NOMOS Tetra neomatik
- Mondaine SBB Nord Sud
- Mondaine SBB Mini Giant
- Mondaine SBB Giant Black & White
- Mondaine SBB Simply Elegant
- Mondaine SBB Evo Petite
- Edox Grand Ocean Extreme Sailing Series™ Edition
- Edox Grand Ocean Automatic
- Edox Grand Ocean Slim
- Edox Les Bemonts Perpetual Calendar
- Griffin Emblem Launches Their Third Collection of ...
- Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo Style
- Salvatore Ferragamo Signature Collection
- Salvatore Ferragamo Gancino
- Urban Jürgensen Reference 1741 PT
- CORUM - Bubble Tourbillon Chronograph and Bubble T...
- Christophe Claret Layla
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 (New Versions)
- Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylind...
- SARCAR Quantième Classique
- Oris ProDiver Chronograph (New Version)
- KERBEDANZ ESPERANZA
- KERBEDANZ PAON
- KERBEDANZ FLORENCE
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird (New Versions)
- ▼ April 2016 (191)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)