Kalysta is the first collection of precious mechanical watches to be designed and produced by Hysek. It also features a brand-new complication developed by the manufacture –all of which makes Kalysta a major turning-point for the manufacture.
Kalysta is the fruit of a pure aesthetic vision: set jewels. Bearing in mind that women are more sensitive to creative touches than to mechanical sophistication, the manufacture has thought first and foremost in terms of shape, diamonds, brilliance – and emotion.
The resulting collection, Kalysta, embodies this innovative flair: its name means “the fairest”. Beneath its fine apparel, though, Kalysta is powered by an exclusive calibre that redefines refinement and preciousness, without falling prey to stylistic clichés or bland features. The complication designed and produced in-house, does away with traditional hands, offering instead a whole new way of reading the time.
One indication of Hysek’s commitment to Kalysta is Baselworld, where the manufacture has unveiled a bejewelled series of models in rose gold and titanium, all 39mm in diameter; they can be divided into five families.
Kalysta "Exotic Tale"
The first Kalysta model constitutes a family in and of itself – something of a unique specimen. Its white powder-coated dial is protected by a rose gold case, above which a graceful butterfly hovers, delicately spreading its wings over a finely-etched floral motif. Neither engraved nor painted, the butterfly is an appliqué. Hysek opted for this technique as being the only one that really gives the impression of flight.
At 12 o’clock, a delicate window displays the jumping hours. A marquise sapphire travels round the rose gold bezel. Its brilliant red denotes the passing minutes, contrasting nicely with the snow-set bezel, along which it runs – thus providing perfect readability.
The composition is regulated at 3 o’clock by a rose gold crown, specially designed for Kalysta: a gold circle with a diamond moon. A moon-stone cabochon adds the perfect finishing touch to this dreamlike metaphor. The watch comes on a white satin strap.
Kalysta "Heaven’s Tale"
The next two models share a similar mother-of-pearl back; the first is purple, while the second sports blue hues. Both offer one of Kalysta’s major features: a concentric rhodium-plated minute track, highlighting the 1, 5, 7 and 11 hour markers that are the manufacture’s favourite figures. In a subtle juxtaposition of jewels, the minutes are displayed by a diamond on the purple model and by a sapphire on the sky-blue model. They feature the same jumping hour at 12 o’clock, as well as the same snow-set bezel and moon-stone crown, here on a titanium case.
Kalysta "Night’s Tale"
The flight of these four Kalysta Jumping Hours closes with a final butterfly. Draped in black, it features a dial and strap of the same colour, so that the one melds into the other. The highly contrasting appearance of this model releases the diamond butterfly to flyover a dark black satin dial, topped with the same snow-set bezel. To speed the butterfly on its symbolic flight, the epitome of lightness, Hysek has chosen a titanium case – also very light on the wrist.
Kalysta "Twinkling Tale"
The brilliant snow-set bezel establishes a link with the fourth Kalysta family, in rose gold. Here, the butterfly’s wings are spread, forming two skeletonised Dauphine hands. Set with a variety of diamonds, the minute track highlights Hysek’s four characteristic hour figures. Both white and black versions are available, sporting the same guilloché dial and snow-set bezel.
Kalysta "Sparkling Tale"
The final addition to the Kalysta collection is a series of models featuring a titanium case, boasting dials and straps in black, ivory, blue or purple. Depending on the model, the bezel is set with between one and three rows of diamonds, playing on the rising and falling numbers of stones to create a wave effect.
Jumping Hours Movement
Hysek complication HW61
Minutes indicated by a Marquise
Hour & minute
Frequency 32’768 VpH
Size: Ø39mm x W11mm
18K rose gold or titanium
288 "snow-set" diamonds on the case
Crown set with 2 diamonds and 1 moonstone
Water resistance 30m
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflection
Black metallized sapphire crystal on the back
Interchangeable bracelet in satin or leather
Price under request
Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer has opened its first boutique on Australia’s iconic Gold Coast at the newly transformed world-class shopping dest...
MONTANDON & Co is a young Swiss watch brand established by Daniel M. Montandon in order to create innovative and highly demanding Haute ...
Specialised in the production of 3D printed wristwatches, Holthinrichs brand was established by architecture turned horology enthusiast Mich...
First launched in 2015 in red gold and platinum editions , the LM Perpetual is now also available in two white gold editions: a limited edit...
The legendary Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba is now back. After taking over by Tata Group in 2011, Swiss watch brand Favre-Leuba, which trac...
The captivating story of Hublot’s Ferrari themed luxury watches began in 2011, when the luxury Swiss watch manufacture signed a partnership ...
Frederique Constant Analytics is a revolutionary device that measures the accuracy of mechanical watches. With this new clip and the SwissCo...
British watch brand Christopher Ward presents C1 Grand Malvern Power Reserve, a new premium dress watch. Arguably the most important Christo...
Swiss luxury watch brand deLaCour offers a high end Complication timepiece for Women, the City M Tourbillon, in a limited edition of only 3 ...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
- T F Est. 1968 Automatic Belt
- RGM 151-COE Corps of Engineers Watch
- Oris El Hierro Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ Polvs Arcticus, Double Tourbillon GMT
- Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu Limited Edition
- Ace Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma becomes the Bran...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art Dragon Unique Pieces - ...
- ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon
- Jaeger-LeCoultre opens its boutiques in Vancouver ...
- Frederique Constant Classics Art of Porcelain
- Vacheron Constantin Quai de l’Ile Stainless Steel ...
- IWC Schaffhausen: Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “7...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Its Third Italian Boutique ...
- MeisterSinger - Circularis Automatic & Second-Gene...
- MeisterSinger Paleograph with Gray Dial
- MeisterSinger Singulator With Gray Dial, Limited E...
- MeisterSinger Salthora Meta Transparent
- Graham Graham Chronofighter Vintage
- Balticus Grey Seal
- Breitling Navitimer 1884 Limited Edition
- Hublot Celebrates Grand Opening of Its New Fifth A...
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 1 TIME ZONE 'Como Edition'
- Wristwatch Revival - A Traditional Wristwatch in a...
- Glashütte Original Opens New Brand Boutiques in Be...
- E.C.Andersson Bohuslän Swiss Made Automatic Dive W...
- ArtyA Son of Sound Guitar “God Save ArtyA”
- XERIC SOLOSCOPE Automatic
- MB&F Legacy Machine No1 M.A.D. Dubai Limited Editi...
- Glashütte Original Senator Excellence
- Balmain Swiss Watches Kerria
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Annual Calendar Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Tour Auto Edit...
- G. Gerlach m/s Batory Limited Edition
- Straton Watch Company Curve-Chrono
- Roger Dubuis - Blossom Velvet Pink and Blossom Vel...
- Carl F. Bucherer Manero Flyback
- Gavox Avidiver
- LEPSI Presents Demagnetiser & Mobile App
- ANDERSEN Genève “Perpetual Secular Calendar” 20th ...
- Edox World Curling Federation Timepieces Collectio...
- Lebeau-Courally Le Marquis Haute Joaillerie
- Balmain Swiss Watches – Euphelia
- Frédéric Jouvenot FJ ACE-001 Automatic Chronograph...
- Luxury Suisse and World Watch Market to make debut...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Chelsea Limited ...
- Bell & Ross - BR‑X1 RS16 Skeleton Chronograph & BR...
- Leroy Marine Automatic Chronograph
- Leroy Marine Automatic Deck Chronometer
- CITIZEN Eco Drive AT9082-01A
- Vulcain First Lady Jewellery Automatic Limited Edi...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch 39mm, Electric Blue ...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch – Classic Automatic
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Cloisonné Grand Feu “Posei...
- Vulcain Anniversary Heart Calendar
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch Tradition, Featuring...
- Versace V-RACE Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
- Versace Dylos Icon
- Hermès Slim d’Hermès Pocket Panthère
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès, New Models
- Oris Williams Valtteri Bottas Limited Edition
- Oris Williams Chronograph Carbon Fibre Extreme
- HYT H1 Ghost
- Franck Muller Opens the First Luxury Boutique in Y...
- H. Moser & Cie. Celebrates the 150th Anniversary o...
- Calvin Klein bare
- Hermès Pocket plein cuir
- Hermès Arceau Pocket La promenade de Platon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Email grand feu
- Hermès Faubourg Manchette Joaillerie
- Hermès Arceau Tigre Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ TLALOC
- KERBEDANZ VERT
- HUBLOT King Power Unico Special Edition “Chengdu S...
- Urban Jürgensen Jules Collection - Reference 2240 ...
- Mondaine Enhances Watch Functionality with Oberthu...
- NOMOS Tetra neomatik
- Mondaine SBB Nord Sud
- Mondaine SBB Mini Giant
- Mondaine SBB Giant Black & White
- Mondaine SBB Simply Elegant
- Mondaine SBB Evo Petite
- Edox Grand Ocean Extreme Sailing Series™ Edition
- Edox Grand Ocean Automatic
- Edox Grand Ocean Slim
- Edox Les Bemonts Perpetual Calendar
- Griffin Emblem Launches Their Third Collection of ...
- Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo Style
- Salvatore Ferragamo Signature Collection
- Salvatore Ferragamo Gancino
- Urban Jürgensen Reference 1741 PT
- CORUM - Bubble Tourbillon Chronograph and Bubble T...
- Christophe Claret Layla
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 (New Versions)
- Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylind...
- SARCAR Quantième Classique
- Oris ProDiver Chronograph (New Version)
- KERBEDANZ ESPERANZA
- KERBEDANZ PAON
- KERBEDANZ FLORENCE
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird (New Versions)
- ▼ April 2016 (191)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)