Montblanc celebrates its 110 years of fine craftsmanship with a limited edition of three timepieces.
Completely developed and produced at the Montblanc Manufacture in Villeret, the Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition features a one-minute tourbillon, a double cylindrical balance spring and the signature Heures Mystérieuses display.
This new timepiece recalls the design theme of Montblanc’s first fountain pen series – the historic “Rouge et Noir” line. This iconic writing instrument, with its serpent clip, was the inspiration behind this year’s new Heritage Rouge & Noir Collection, bringing a contemporary twist to the early model with a slimmer and longer silhouette, as well as incorporating modern piston technology.
A recurring motif in art and design, serpent was a rich source of inspiration during the Art Nouveau and Art Deco periods and today it provides the inspiration for Montblanc’s 110th Anniversary Collection, as can be seen on the face of this Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition timepiece, where a three-dimensional, hand-engraved, anthracite serpent has been integrated into the bezel. This historic design is also depicted on the back of the 52 mm red gold case with an elegant hand-engraving of a slithering serpent.
For the Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition, however, Montblanc has decided to leave the workings of the movement on show. The absence of a dial allows each owner to fully appreciate the floating hands and the Heures Mystérieuses mechanism that propels them. Black rhodium-plated bridges and plates contrast with the highly- polished mechanical parts and highlight the finest level of finishing and decoration that is one of the signatures of the Montblanc Collection Villeret timepieces.
The Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition is equipped with the hand-crafted manually-wound Calibre MB M65.63 with a one-minute tourbillon and a double cylindrical hairspring. The tourbillon is one of the most complex horological mechanisms to produce, and one of this increased size demands even more skill and expertise to create. All of its 95 components are hand- bevelled, chamfered, angled, polished and decorated in-house by Montblanc’s master craftsmen, following the same techniques of decoration as those used centuries ago.
The large escapement of the Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition is composed of a bi-cylindrical hairspring that was developed by the engineers at the Montblanc Manufacture in Villeret exclusively for the Montblanc Collection Villeret. The vast majority of contemporary balance springs are flat and are wound around a common centre. In comparison, a cylindrical balance spring is wound around a vertical axis, with each turn positioned on top of the next, and with each one having the exact same distance from the centre.
This original formation helps to eliminate any eccentricity of the centre of gravity. Montblanc has equipped its Villeret Tourbillon Bi- Cylindrique 110 Years Anniversary Limited Edition with not one, but two cylindrical hairsprings positioned concentrically, one inside the other, each with its own diameter, but both with identical torque. The springs move in opposite directions; while one spring expands, the other contracts, further optimizing isochronism and providing ultimate precision.
Cylindrical balance springs were first used in marine chronometers at the end of the 18th century. They were regarded as the peak of excellence and performance and were installed in only the finest and most expensive marine chronometers. The accuracy of these clocks over long periods of time revolutionized navigation at sea.
The Montblanc Manufacture in Villeret is one of very few manufacturers with the expertise to produce its own balance springs. After intensive testing of different types of balance springs, and the metal alloy used for the wire from which balance springs are made, specialists at the manufacture are capable of producing their very-own bi-cylindrical balance springs, bringing innovation and an additional element of exclusiveness to this already exceptional timepiece strictly limited to three pieces.
Debuted in 2015 with English styled quartz chronograph Tourer II, London based watch brand Boston & Stewill now announces their new 100%...
Anonimo reinforces its presence in Verbier and announces a new partnership with the W Hotel in the Place Blanche. Present this year in the s...
To celebrate the launch of the Bentley Continental Supersports, Breitling for Bentley has created a limited-edition chronograph with a titan...
Japanese watchmaker CITIZEN has announced their foray into online retail with the launch of their Online Store (www.citizenshop.me), accessi...
At Baselworld 2017, traditional Swiss watch brand Oris will unveil Artelier Calibre 113, the fourth in the company’s series of highly innova...
As part of its expansion in the Russian and eastern European markets, Hublot – alongside Mercury, its long-standing partner – increases its ...
The Vintage Style Calendar is the French watch brand William L. 1985's latest offering and has a brand new canvas blue style textile str...
In response to new legislation on the Swiss Made ordinance for watches, H. Moser & Cie. launched the Swiss Mad Watch on January 12th, 20...
Founded by industrial designer Benoît Mintiens, the award winning luxury watch brand RESSENCE is presenting TYPE 12 "Squared", a c...
This exclusive limited edition timepiece incorporates two innovations. Firstly, the watch case is made from Magic Gold, the first scratch-re...
- T F Est. 1968 Automatic Belt
- RGM 151-COE Corps of Engineers Watch
- Oris El Hierro Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ Polvs Arcticus, Double Tourbillon GMT
- Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu Limited Edition
- Ace Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma becomes the Bran...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art Dragon Unique Pieces - ...
- ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon
- Jaeger-LeCoultre opens its boutiques in Vancouver ...
- Frederique Constant Classics Art of Porcelain
- Vacheron Constantin Quai de l’Ile Stainless Steel ...
- IWC Schaffhausen: Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “7...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Its Third Italian Boutique ...
- MeisterSinger - Circularis Automatic & Second-Gene...
- MeisterSinger Paleograph with Gray Dial
- MeisterSinger Singulator With Gray Dial, Limited E...
- MeisterSinger Salthora Meta Transparent
- Graham Graham Chronofighter Vintage
- Balticus Grey Seal
- Breitling Navitimer 1884 Limited Edition
- Hublot Celebrates Grand Opening of Its New Fifth A...
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 1 TIME ZONE 'Como Edition'
- Wristwatch Revival - A Traditional Wristwatch in a...
- Glashütte Original Opens New Brand Boutiques in Be...
- E.C.Andersson Bohuslän Swiss Made Automatic Dive W...
- ArtyA Son of Sound Guitar “God Save ArtyA”
- XERIC SOLOSCOPE Automatic
- MB&F Legacy Machine No1 M.A.D. Dubai Limited Editi...
- Glashütte Original Senator Excellence
- Balmain Swiss Watches Kerria
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Annual Calendar Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Tour Auto Edit...
- G. Gerlach m/s Batory Limited Edition
- Straton Watch Company Curve-Chrono
- Roger Dubuis - Blossom Velvet Pink and Blossom Vel...
- Carl F. Bucherer Manero Flyback
- Gavox Avidiver
- LEPSI Presents Demagnetiser & Mobile App
- ANDERSEN Genève “Perpetual Secular Calendar” 20th ...
- Edox World Curling Federation Timepieces Collectio...
- Lebeau-Courally Le Marquis Haute Joaillerie
- Balmain Swiss Watches – Euphelia
- Frédéric Jouvenot FJ ACE-001 Automatic Chronograph...
- Luxury Suisse and World Watch Market to make debut...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Chelsea Limited ...
- Bell & Ross - BR‑X1 RS16 Skeleton Chronograph & BR...
- Leroy Marine Automatic Chronograph
- Leroy Marine Automatic Deck Chronometer
- CITIZEN Eco Drive AT9082-01A
- Vulcain First Lady Jewellery Automatic Limited Edi...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch 39mm, Electric Blue ...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch – Classic Automatic
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Cloisonné Grand Feu “Posei...
- Vulcain Anniversary Heart Calendar
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch Tradition, Featuring...
- Versace V-RACE Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
- Versace Dylos Icon
- Hermès Slim d’Hermès Pocket Panthère
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès, New Models
- Oris Williams Valtteri Bottas Limited Edition
- Oris Williams Chronograph Carbon Fibre Extreme
- HYT H1 Ghost
- Franck Muller Opens the First Luxury Boutique in Y...
- H. Moser & Cie. Celebrates the 150th Anniversary o...
- Calvin Klein bare
- Hermès Pocket plein cuir
- Hermès Arceau Pocket La promenade de Platon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Email grand feu
- Hermès Faubourg Manchette Joaillerie
- Hermès Arceau Tigre Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ TLALOC
- KERBEDANZ VERT
- HUBLOT King Power Unico Special Edition “Chengdu S...
- Urban Jürgensen Jules Collection - Reference 2240 ...
- Mondaine Enhances Watch Functionality with Oberthu...
- NOMOS Tetra neomatik
- Mondaine SBB Nord Sud
- Mondaine SBB Mini Giant
- Mondaine SBB Giant Black & White
- Mondaine SBB Simply Elegant
- Mondaine SBB Evo Petite
- Edox Grand Ocean Extreme Sailing Series™ Edition
- Edox Grand Ocean Automatic
- Edox Grand Ocean Slim
- Edox Les Bemonts Perpetual Calendar
- Griffin Emblem Launches Their Third Collection of ...
- Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo Style
- Salvatore Ferragamo Signature Collection
- Salvatore Ferragamo Gancino
- Urban Jürgensen Reference 1741 PT
- CORUM - Bubble Tourbillon Chronograph and Bubble T...
- Christophe Claret Layla
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 (New Versions)
- Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylind...
- SARCAR Quantième Classique
- Oris ProDiver Chronograph (New Version)
- KERBEDANZ ESPERANZA
- KERBEDANZ PAON
- KERBEDANZ FLORENCE
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird (New Versions)
- ▼ April 2016 (191)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)