The Quai de l’Île collection, launched in 2008, welcomes a new stainless steel model, providing a contemporary expression of the proud Fine Watchmaking traditions upheld by the Maison Vacheron Constantin. A spirit evidenced in a comfortably sized 41 mm-diameter case mingling three iconic shapes from the aesthetic heritage of the Manufacture, enhanced by a subtle array of finishes. The Hallmark of Geneva-certified Quai de l’ìle stainless steel model is equipped with the new Manufacture self-winding Caliber 5100,displaying the hours, minutes, seconds and date on a silver-toned or black dial punctuated by luminescent indications ensuring optimal legibility.
A symbol of Geneva’s watchmaking excellence and home to the famous 19th century master cabinotiers, this centre of outstanding craftsmanship spread the fame of the Manufacture far and wide. Located at the heart of Geneva, this crossing place between the left and right banks of the Rhone has been transformed into a bustling urban hub. Imbued with this same spirit of innovation pervaded by history, the Quai de l’Île collection vividly reflects the art with which Vacheron Constantin reinterprets a technical and aesthetic legacy enriched by 260 years of uninterrupted history.
At once sturdy, comfortable and light, stainless steel makes a noteworthy entry into the collection. Enhanced with alternating polished and satin-brushed finishes, the 41mm-diameter case associates three iconic shapes from the aesthetic heritage of Vacheron Constantin: a round bezel, a cushion-type case and a tonneau (barrel) caseband. This harmoniously embedded "shape in shape" design creates an original aesthetic, accentuated by the light playing across the finishes. Intended to ensure optimal comfort, the split-level lugs reinforce the dynamics of this case with its transparent back and endow it with an authentic identity, the signature touch of Vacheron Constantin.
Designed to achieve the best possible results in terms of both reliability and aesthetics, these hand-crafted finishes entail an up to 40% longer production time compared with a non-certified movement.
The dial of the new stainless steel Quai de l’Île model is distinguished by a multi-level construction interpreted in two versions – silver-toned or black – with an opaline finish.
Composed of three distinct parts, this display with its innovative depth effects ensures remarkable legibility thanks to its hour-markers and Arabic numerals entirely made of white luminescent material. Another distinctive feature is the replacement of the traditional aperture type date by a two-level date indication. The dial construction includes a transparent mineral glass disc on which the dates of the month are inked. Beneath this glass, the date disc of Caliber 5100 appears and displays an indicator which points towards the correct date.
This new stainless steel Quai de l’Île model, water-resistant to 30 metres, is delivered with two straps – one in brown alligator leather and the other in black rubber – with a steel folding clasp.
Quai de l’Ile
4500S/000A-B195 – silver-toned dial
4500S/000A-B196 – black dial
Hallmark of Geneva certified timepieces
Developed and manufactured by Vacheron Constantin
30.60 mm (13’’’ ¼) diameter, 4.70 mm thick
Approximately 60 hours of power reserve
4 Hz (28’800 vibrations/hour)
Hours and minutes
41 mm diameter, 11.75 mm thick
Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
Water-resistance tested at a pressure of 3 bar (approx. 30 meters)
Mineral glass disc with date indication
Arabic numerals and indexes crafted in white luminescent material
18K gold hour & minute hands and date highlighted with white luminescent material
Brown Mississippiensis alligator leather, black alsavel lining, hand-stitched, large square scales
Delivered with a second strap in black rubber
Stainless steel triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces
Polished half Maltese cross-shapedQuai De L’île
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
Re-Belle, the wonderful ladies’ watch collection from the luxury Swiss watch brand CVSTOS, now welcome new iterations. After a first succes...
- T F Est. 1968 Automatic Belt
- RGM 151-COE Corps of Engineers Watch
- Oris El Hierro Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ Polvs Arcticus, Double Tourbillon GMT
- Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu Limited Edition
- Ace Indian Cricketer Rohit Sharma becomes the Bran...
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art Dragon Unique Pieces - ...
- ArtyA WOOD Son of Sound Tourbillon
- Jaeger-LeCoultre opens its boutiques in Vancouver ...
- Frederique Constant Classics Art of Porcelain
- Vacheron Constantin Quai de l’Ile Stainless Steel ...
- IWC Schaffhausen: Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “7...
- IWC Schaffhausen Opens Its Third Italian Boutique ...
- MeisterSinger - Circularis Automatic & Second-Gene...
- MeisterSinger Paleograph with Gray Dial
- MeisterSinger Singulator With Gray Dial, Limited E...
- MeisterSinger Salthora Meta Transparent
- Graham Graham Chronofighter Vintage
- Balticus Grey Seal
- Breitling Navitimer 1884 Limited Edition
- Hublot Celebrates Grand Opening of Its New Fifth A...
- A. Lange & Söhne LANGE 1 TIME ZONE 'Como Edition'
- Wristwatch Revival - A Traditional Wristwatch in a...
- Glashütte Original Opens New Brand Boutiques in Be...
- E.C.Andersson Bohuslän Swiss Made Automatic Dive W...
- ArtyA Son of Sound Guitar “God Save ArtyA”
- XERIC SOLOSCOPE Automatic
- MB&F Legacy Machine No1 M.A.D. Dubai Limited Editi...
- Glashütte Original Senator Excellence
- Balmain Swiss Watches Kerria
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Annual Calendar Editi...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Tour Auto Edit...
- G. Gerlach m/s Batory Limited Edition
- Straton Watch Company Curve-Chrono
- Roger Dubuis - Blossom Velvet Pink and Blossom Vel...
- Carl F. Bucherer Manero Flyback
- Gavox Avidiver
- LEPSI Presents Demagnetiser & Mobile App
- ANDERSEN Genève “Perpetual Secular Calendar” 20th ...
- Edox World Curling Federation Timepieces Collectio...
- Lebeau-Courally Le Marquis Haute Joaillerie
- Balmain Swiss Watches – Euphelia
- Frédéric Jouvenot FJ ACE-001 Automatic Chronograph...
- Luxury Suisse and World Watch Market to make debut...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Chronograph Chelsea Limited ...
- Bell & Ross - BR‑X1 RS16 Skeleton Chronograph & BR...
- Leroy Marine Automatic Chronograph
- Leroy Marine Automatic Deck Chronometer
- CITIZEN Eco Drive AT9082-01A
- Vulcain First Lady Jewellery Automatic Limited Edi...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch 39mm, Electric Blue ...
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch – Classic Automatic
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Cloisonné Grand Feu “Posei...
- Vulcain Anniversary Heart Calendar
- Vulcain 50s Presidents’ Watch Tradition, Featuring...
- Versace V-RACE Spring/Summer 2016 Collection
- Versace Dylos Icon
- Hermès Slim d’Hermès Pocket Panthère
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès, New Models
- Oris Williams Valtteri Bottas Limited Edition
- Oris Williams Chronograph Carbon Fibre Extreme
- HYT H1 Ghost
- Franck Muller Opens the First Luxury Boutique in Y...
- H. Moser & Cie. Celebrates the 150th Anniversary o...
- Calvin Klein bare
- Hermès Pocket plein cuir
- Hermès Arceau Pocket La promenade de Platon
- Hermès - Slim d’Hermès Email grand feu
- Hermès Faubourg Manchette Joaillerie
- Hermès Arceau Tigre Limited Edition
- KERBEDANZ TLALOC
- KERBEDANZ VERT
- HUBLOT King Power Unico Special Edition “Chengdu S...
- Urban Jürgensen Jules Collection - Reference 2240 ...
- Mondaine Enhances Watch Functionality with Oberthu...
- NOMOS Tetra neomatik
- Mondaine SBB Nord Sud
- Mondaine SBB Mini Giant
- Mondaine SBB Giant Black & White
- Mondaine SBB Simply Elegant
- Mondaine SBB Evo Petite
- Edox Grand Ocean Extreme Sailing Series™ Edition
- Edox Grand Ocean Automatic
- Edox Grand Ocean Slim
- Edox Les Bemonts Perpetual Calendar
- Griffin Emblem Launches Their Third Collection of ...
- Salvatore Ferragamo - Ferragamo Style
- Salvatore Ferragamo Signature Collection
- Salvatore Ferragamo Gancino
- Urban Jürgensen Reference 1741 PT
- CORUM - Bubble Tourbillon Chronograph and Bubble T...
- Christophe Claret Layla
- Christophe Claret X-TREM-1 (New Versions)
- Montblanc Collection Villeret Tourbillon Bi-Cylind...
- SARCAR Quantième Classique
- Oris ProDiver Chronograph (New Version)
- KERBEDANZ ESPERANZA
- KERBEDANZ PAON
- KERBEDANZ FLORENCE
- Jaquet Droz - The Charming Bird (New Versions)
- ▼ April 2016 (191)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)