Once again, Swiss luxury watch maker MB&F joins hands with French watch designer Alain Silberstein to create a limited edition collection.
In 2009, MB&F had called on Silberstein to create its very first piece of ‘Performance Art’ – reinterpretations by external artists and designers of existing MB&F Machines. The result was the HM2.2 ‘Black Box’, followed by a long list of collaborations with other creators.
For this new Performance Art series, Silberstein has taken MB&F's classic Legacy Machine N°1 and imbued it with his unique flair for the unconventional. His use of his signature three bright colours and shapes: red, blue and yellow; triangle, rectangle and circle for the hands and dial markers; and three-dimensionally translated as a cone, cube and sphere for the power reserve, catch the eye as they contrast against the more subdued movement plate below.
LM1's ingenious three-dimensional movement was specifically developed for MB&F from Maximilian Büsser’s sketches by Jean-François Mojon and his team at Chronode together with independent watchmaker Kari Voutilainen. The balance wheel and spring at the very heart of any mechanical watch movement are responsible for regulating timekeeping accuracy. Büsser has long been fascinated by the large slowly oscillating balance wheels of antique pocket watches–18,000 bph compared with the 28,800 bph common today – so it was no surprise this was the starting point from which to let his fertile imagination roam free. What was surprising, though, is just how radically he re-interpreted tradition by relocating the balance wheel from its more usual position hidden at the back of the movement to not just the top of the movement, but floating above the dials.
Another very special feature of the LM1 movement is the ability to set the two time zones completely independently. The vast majority of dual time zone movements only allow the hours to be independently adjusted, a rare few offer setting to the half hour. Legacy Machine N°1 allows both hours and minutes of each dial to be set to whatever time the user wishes.
The world’s first vertical power reserve indicator on LM1 is driven by an ultra-flat differential with ceramic bearings allowing for a slimmer complication and a more robust and longer-wearing mechanism.
Model: LM1 Silberstein
Limited editions of 3 x 12 pieces in red gold, titanium,or black PVD-treated titanium.
Three-dimensional horological movement developed exclusively for MB&F by Jean-François Mojon/Chronode and Kari Voutilainen
Manual winding with single mainspring barrel
Power reserve: 45 hours
Balance bridge: transparent sapphire crystal
Balance wheel: bespoke 14mm balance wheel with four traditional regulating screws floating above the movement and dials
Balance spring: traditional Breguet overcoil terminating in mobile stud holder
Balance frequency: 18,000bph/2.5Hz
Number of components: 279
Number of jewels: 23
Chatons: gold chatons with polished countersinks
Fine finishing: superlative hand finishing throughout respecting 19th-century style; internal bevel angles highlighting hand craft; polished bevels; hand-made engravings; frosted finish
Hours and minutes; completely independent dual time zones displayed on two dials; unique vertical power reserve indicator
Crown at 8 o'clock for setting time of left dial; crown at 4 o'clock for setting time of right dial and winding
Available in 18k red gold, grade 5 titanium or grade 5 titanium treated with black PVD
Dimensions: 42.5mm wide x 17mm high
Number of components: 41
Water resistance: 30m / 3atm / 90’
High domed sapphire crystal on top and sapphire crystal on back with anti-reflective coating on both sides; balance wheel bridge in sapphire crystal.
Black hand-stitched calfskin strap with black top-stitched seams with red gold case, or red topstitched seams with both titanium cases
Swiss watch brand DAVOSA presents the first dedicated diving watch for free divers in association with Free-diving champion Nik Linder. N...
After the best part of six months of procedures and thorough investigations, Louis Moinet became the official holder of the title of “World’...
Swiss watch manufacture Hublot has just officially released the special edition Classic Fusion "Vendôme Collection" at its boutiqu...
Diving watch specialist Deep Blue celebrates its 10th anniversary in style by presenting Daynight Recon Tritium T-100 special edition watch....
Zenith – New Blue Dial Versions of the El Primero Chronomaster, the El Primero 36’000 VpH, the Elite Chronograph Classic and the Elite 6150Five iconic models from Zenith’s 2016 El Primero and Elite collections appear attired in blue, clearly intended for aesthetes with a penchan...
As the part of Jaeger-LeCoultre’s Rendez-Vous collection 2017, which is to be unveiled at SIHH 2017, the Rendez-Vous Sonatina Large model co...
Based in France, MATWATCHES is a leading manufacturer of military watches. This watchmaker, based right in the heart of Paris near Place de ...
The story behind a Vacheron Constantin timepiece with the Apollo 14 insignia on the dial now unfurls, thanks to the research conducted by wo...
Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous collection 2017 offers new versions of Rendez-Vous Night & Day timepiece. Available in three sizes and in a...
For the upcoming festive season, Japanese watchmaking giant Seiko presents an exclusive Grand Seiko Hi-Beat 36000 GMT, in a Limited Edition ...
- Nautica NMX 1600
- HYT H2 Alinghi Limited Edition
- ArtyA Son of Art “Neo-Renaissance”
- Speake-Marin London Chronograph
- Speake-Marin Skull Face to Face Tourbillon
- Hublot Classic Fusion “The Island” Limited Edition...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Kobe Bryant Herovillain Limi...
- Hublot Showcases Baselworld 2016 Novelties in Oman...
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its New Flagship Boutique on...
- Revolo – The Freedom to Design Your Own Luxury Wat...
- Deep Blue Daynight Rescue T-100 Automatic Tritium ...
- Ferro Distinct 2
- A Heuer Carrera watch once owned by Swedish Formul...
- TAG Heuer Formula 1 Red Bull Racing Team Special E...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition À Répétit...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grand Tourbillon Enamel
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition À Quantiè...
- JaegerLeCoultre Rendez-Vous Moon High Jewellery
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Tourbillon Enamel
- Sablier Grand Cru
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time
- BOLDR Journey
- Pheidippides Watches - The Porthole
- Montblanc TimeWalker Pythagore Ultra-Light Concept...
- Oris Williams Carbon Fibre Dial Chronograph
- Rado launches new Centrix Open Heart with brand am...
- Rado Coupole Classic Mini collection
- Montblanc Star Roman Carpe Diem Special Editions -...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K rose gold
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art HM Koi Unique Piece
- DEWITT BLUE EMPIRE
- Dewitt Twenty - 8 - Eight Skeleton Tourbillon High...
- Dewitt Lady Pressy
- Arnold & Son TES Blue Tourbillon
- DEWITT ALMA, New Edition
- Ulysse Nardin 170th Anniversary Limited Edition Cl...
- Audemars Piguet Unveils Temporary Boutique in New ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Yacht Club Chronograp...
- Breitling Chronoliner Limited Series
- Chopard Grand Prix de Monaco Historique 2016 Race ...
- Concord Impresario Lady in Black MOP Dial
- Seiko watch designer, Nobuhiro Kosugi honoured by ...
- Mido Ocean Star Captain Caliber 80 (M026.430.11.04...
- Mido Multifort Caliber 80 (M025.407.11.061.00)
- ArtyA Gold Marquetry Tourbillon 1/1
- MB&F LM1 Silberstein Limited Edition
- Defakto Kinetik Inkognito
- Defakto Struktur Duplex
- CITIZEN BL5472-01E Eco Drive Chronograph with Perp...
- Seiko opens first-ever exclusive boutique in UAE
- Eberhard & Co. Champion V Targa Florio Special Edi...
- NIVREL Jubilé III
- Blancpain opens a new “Shop-in-Shop” In the Hankyu...
- Blancpain Opens its Newest Flagship store on Queen...
- URWERK UR-106 Black Pink Lotus
- ArtyA Shining Star Tourbillon Set & ArtyA Sun Tour...
- Alpina Alpiner Heritage Manufacture KM-710
- Ateliers deMonaco Tourbillon Ronde d’Or - Grand Pr...
- Sinn Spezialuhren celebrates topping-out ceremony ...
- Alvieri – Firenze Classic & Firenze lunar
- NIVREL Deep Ocean Red
- Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Black Chronograph Big D...
- Pegasus Venezia – Italian Luxury Homage Watches
- Fabergé Altruist Collection
- Nautica NCT 19
- Nautica NMS 02
- Nautica NMS 01 DATE
- Vacheron Constantin Launches London Craft Week at ...
- INKWELL - Watch Brand Inspired By Tattoo Art
- Carl F. Bucherer Pathos Swan
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi Traveltec II Rose Gold
- Manchester Watch Works Iconik 2 Limited Edition
- COVER Co186 Perpetual Limited Edition
- VICENTERRA GMT-1 T1 5555
- Raymond Weil Freelancer Realteam Edition (Ref. 276...
- Bremont AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer (America’s Cup ...
- SJÖÖ SANDSTROM Royal Steel WorldTimer
- Eberhard & Co. Aiglon Collection
- Goldvish Eclipse
- ArtyA RaceRed OZ
- U-BOAT 8051 CLASSICO GMT 45 BE
- Nautica NMX 15 Digital Yachtimer
- World’s Biggest Rado Boutique Opens in Beijing
- DAVOSA Titanium Automatic (New Edition)
- DAVOSA Pontus All Stars Limited Editions
- DAVOSA - Vireo Chronograph and Dual Time
- After a Vibrant Auction Year and Major Acquisition...
- ZINVO Watches - Introduction
- Oris Divers Sixty-Five (New Version - Ref. No. 01 ...
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi Scubatec White
- Longines Conquest Roland Garros
- ▼ May 2016 (91)
- ► 2015 (1718)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2067)
- ► 2008 (517)