On 4th May 2016, Julien Marchenoir from Founding Partner Vacheron Constantin, launched the second London Craft Week at the V&A Museum. Makers rubbed shoulders with leading experts, influencers, editors and directors from the art, design, culture, food, luxury, fashion, media and government sectors, whilst admiring exceptional works from London Craft Week’s programme.
Live demonstrations from Vacheron Constantin’s enameller and watchmaker, Chinese calligraphy artist Wang Dongling and paper artist Karen Bit Vejle, were admired by guests on site; who enjoyed an interactive experience with the artisans.
Noted names from the arts, fashion and luxury industries, as well as famous faces, celebrated the week’s opening and enjoyed the live demonstrations. These ranged from Prince and Princess von Ratibor, Lord Rumi Verjee CBE, artists Martino Ganper and Francis Upritchard chef Skye Gyngell, fashion designers Mary Katrantzou, Nicholas Kirkwood, Caroline Issa, Rupert Sanderson, Ozwald Boateng and interior designers Sophie Conran and Nina Campbell. Other respected names in the arts and government included Justine Simons from the Mayor’s Office and Charles Saumarez-Smith, Chief Executive of the Royal Academy.
Highlights of the evening included the inaugural London Craft Week medal, created by Vacheron Constantin, for ‘Outstanding Creativity and Craftsmanship’ being presented to Alison Britton. Vacheron Constantin was proud to present its latest collection, Métiers d’Art Elégance Sartoriale, which pays homage to fine tailoring and well known British fabric patterns. This unique addition to the Métiers d’Art collection showcases the encounter between the custodian of time and style and the Maison's expertise.
Visitors will see world-class fragrances being developed scent by scent, diamonds being cut & polished, porcelain being hand painted, silver being shaped, glass being blown and Chinese calligraphy being performed live. All against the backdrop of the vitality, variety and serendipity of London from Selfridges to Chelsea Physic Garden, from Mayfair to SE27.
An invitation-only VIP programme is run alongside the main programme with a small number of oneoff and intimate experiences, including handling objects from museum collections, special access to private residences and exclusive dinners, including a collector’s talk at the Vacheron Constantin boutique, hosted by a watch expert from Phillips Auction House.
LONDON CRAFT WEEK is a new annual event which showcases exceptional craftsmanship through a journey-of-discovery programme featuring hidden workshops, lesser known makers and highly specialised skills alongside famous shops, galleries and luxury brands.
Founded on the ethos of making, LONDON CRAFT WEEK aims to introduce the talent, people and techniques behind beautifully made things to a wider audience. They will be able to experience craft not just as static branded objects in smart shops but understand the context of how they were made, why they are special and even have a try themselves.LONDON CRAFT WEEK is independent, not-for-profit and supported by founding partner Vacheron Constantin and strategic partners the Mayor of London, the Crafts Council, Walpole and the Heritage.
- ► 2017 (730)
- Nautica NMX 1600
- HYT H2 Alinghi Limited Edition
- ArtyA Son of Art “Neo-Renaissance”
- Speake-Marin London Chronograph
- Speake-Marin Skull Face to Face Tourbillon
- Hublot Classic Fusion “The Island” Limited Edition...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Kobe Bryant Herovillain Limi...
- Hublot Showcases Baselworld 2016 Novelties in Oman...
- Audemars Piguet Opens Its New Flagship Boutique on...
- Revolo – The Freedom to Design Your Own Luxury Wat...
- Deep Blue Daynight Rescue T-100 Automatic Tritium ...
- Ferro Distinct 2
- A Heuer Carrera watch once owned by Swedish Formul...
- TAG Heuer Formula 1 Red Bull Racing Team Special E...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition À Répétit...
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grand Tourbillon Enamel
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Grande Tradition À Quantiè...
- JaegerLeCoultre Rendez-Vous Moon High Jewellery
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous Tourbillon Enamel
- Sablier Grand Cru
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time
- BOLDR Journey
- Pheidippides Watches - The Porthole
- Montblanc TimeWalker Pythagore Ultra-Light Concept...
- Oris Williams Carbon Fibre Dial Chronograph
- Rado launches new Centrix Open Heart with brand am...
- Rado Coupole Classic Mini collection
- Montblanc Star Roman Carpe Diem Special Editions -...
- TAG Heuer Connected 18K rose gold
- Arnold & Son Métiers d’Art HM Koi Unique Piece
- DEWITT BLUE EMPIRE
- Dewitt Twenty - 8 - Eight Skeleton Tourbillon High...
- Dewitt Lady Pressy
- Arnold & Son TES Blue Tourbillon
- DEWITT ALMA, New Edition
- Ulysse Nardin 170th Anniversary Limited Edition Cl...
- Audemars Piguet Unveils Temporary Boutique in New ...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Yacht Club Chronograp...
- Breitling Chronoliner Limited Series
- Chopard Grand Prix de Monaco Historique 2016 Race ...
- Concord Impresario Lady in Black MOP Dial
- Seiko watch designer, Nobuhiro Kosugi honoured by ...
- Mido Ocean Star Captain Caliber 80 (M026.430.11.04...
- Mido Multifort Caliber 80 (M025.407.11.061.00)
- ArtyA Gold Marquetry Tourbillon 1/1
- MB&F LM1 Silberstein Limited Edition
- Defakto Kinetik Inkognito
- Defakto Struktur Duplex
- CITIZEN BL5472-01E Eco Drive Chronograph with Perp...
- Seiko opens first-ever exclusive boutique in UAE
- Eberhard & Co. Champion V Targa Florio Special Edi...
- NIVREL Jubilé III
- Blancpain opens a new “Shop-in-Shop” In the Hankyu...
- Blancpain Opens its Newest Flagship store on Queen...
- URWERK UR-106 Black Pink Lotus
- ArtyA Shining Star Tourbillon Set & ArtyA Sun Tour...
- Alpina Alpiner Heritage Manufacture KM-710
- Ateliers deMonaco Tourbillon Ronde d’Or - Grand Pr...
- Sinn Spezialuhren celebrates topping-out ceremony ...
- Alvieri – Firenze Classic & Firenze lunar
- NIVREL Deep Ocean Red
- Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Black Chronograph Big D...
- Pegasus Venezia – Italian Luxury Homage Watches
- Fabergé Altruist Collection
- Nautica NCT 19
- Nautica NMS 02
- Nautica NMS 01 DATE
- Vacheron Constantin Launches London Craft Week at ...
- INKWELL - Watch Brand Inspired By Tattoo Art
- Carl F. Bucherer Pathos Swan
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi Traveltec II Rose Gold
- Manchester Watch Works Iconik 2 Limited Edition
- COVER Co186 Perpetual Limited Edition
- VICENTERRA GMT-1 T1 5555
- Raymond Weil Freelancer Realteam Edition (Ref. 276...
- Bremont AC I 32 Ladies Chronometer (America’s Cup ...
- Greubel Forsey Double Balancier Unique edition (Wh...
- SJÖÖ SANDSTROM Royal Steel WorldTimer
- Eberhard & Co. Aiglon Collection
- Goldvish Eclipse
- ArtyA RaceRed OZ
- U-BOAT 8051 CLASSICO GMT 45 BE
- Moritz Grossmann ATUM Power Reserve
- Greubel Forsey Signature 1
- Nautica NMX 15 Digital Yachtimer
- World’s Biggest Rado Boutique Opens in Beijing
- DAVOSA Titanium Automatic (New Edition)
- DAVOSA Pontus All Stars Limited Editions
- DAVOSA - Vireo Chronograph and Dual Time
- After a Vibrant Auction Year and Major Acquisition...
- ZINVO Watches - Introduction
- Oris Divers Sixty-Five (New Version - Ref. No. 01 ...
- Carl F. Bucherer Patravi Scubatec White
- Longines Conquest Roland Garros
- ▼ May 2016 (94)
- ► 2015 (1720)
- ► 2014 (2439)
- ► 2013 (1672)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1424)
- ► 2009 (2063)
- ► 2008 (517)