Arnold & Son unveils a new version of the Golden Wheel; the world’s first wandering hours and true beat seconds watch. The new model, equipped with the A&S6018 calibre featuring patented Golden Wheel mechanism, comes in an 18-karat red gold case with silvery and mother-of-pearl dial.
The Golden Wheel combines the first-ever wandering hours function with the true beat seconds complication. It is part of the Instrument Collection, which pays tribute to the timepieces focused on chronometry that were developed during the second half of John Arnold’s life and with his son Roger. The Golden Wheel timepiece is a unique three-dimensional interpretation of the ancient wandering hours complication that has roots in table clocks of the mid-17th century. In fact, the first implementation of the wandering hours complication in pocket watches
was most likely made in England at the beginning of the 18thcentury. Thus, it is a fitting complication for the Arnold & Son watchmakers – inspired by British watchmaking heritage – to reinvent anew, perpetuating the long tradition of wandering hour watches.
The superlative technology and watchmaking expertise inherent in this movement is further enhanced by the fact that Arnold & Son has made the mechanism visible from the dial side in spectacular glory. Not only does the brand use three separate transparent sapphire disks (that seem to float above the dial) for the time indication, but also it elevates many of the other movement parts for an incredible three-dimensional allure.
The oscillating weight is skeletonised with brushed surfaces and palladium treated. The magnificent movement is housed in a superb 44 mm 18-karat red gold case. The Golden Wheel is a limited edition of 125 timepieces.
Model: Golden Wheel, New Version 2016
Limited edition: 125 timepieces
Arnold & Son manufacture movement, self-winding, 29 jewels, diameter 37.20 mm, thickness 8.00 mm, power reserve 45 h, 28,800 vibrations/h
Movement decoration: Palladium treated with Haute Horlogerie finishing: hand-chamfered bridges with polished edges, fine circular graining and Côtes de Genève rayonnantes, dial plate black ADLCtreated with Côtes de Genève, circular satin-finished wheels, blued screws with bevelled and mirror-polished heads.
Central time-carrousel: solid 18-karat red gold, satin-finishedwith hand-chamfered and polished edges.
Oscillating weight: palladium treated, skeletonised with brushed surfaces
Jumping digital hours, minutes and true beat seconds
Silvery and white mother-of-pearl
18-karat red gold, diameter 44 mm, cambered sapphire with anti-reflective coating on both sides, see-through sapphire case back, water-resistant to 30 m
Hand-stitched brown or black alligator leather
A futuristic extrapolation of a 19th century movement architecture now considered to be the historical signature of the Manufacture Girard-P...
In honour of a pioneer who inspired generations of scientists after him from Newton to Einstein, the high end writing instrument specialist ...
The Da Vinci Automatic wristwatch from this year’s Da Vinci edition, is a classically simple watch with three hands in a 40-millimetre round...
Young watch brand Straton Watch Co. is launching their latest addition, the Syncro, a stylish timepiece collection inspired by 1970s stopwat...
Founded by Nicolas Bartschat and Fabian Weis, the young watch brand Styrman & Crew is creating a new trend in the watch industry. Since ...
In 2017, Audemars Piguet presents a new women’s Royal Oak with a uniquely gem-set look defined by a swirling diamond relief pattern that gli...
Young watch brand Gruppo Gamma presents Mk IV, the newest version of its popular Vanguard collection. Introduced in 2014, the Vanguard draws...
BRELLUM is a young and independent Swiss watchmaking brand based at Porrentruy in the canton of Jura, the region better known as the cradle ...
British jeweller and watch maker Mo Eden presents his first men’s wristwatch: the MK1. Hand made in London’s Hatton Garden, the watch is bes...
Prestigious Swiss watch manufacture Vacheron Constantin announces the appointments of Juan Carlos Torres as non-executive President, and of ...
- H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Funky...
- Vacheron Constantin Historiques Collection: Re- e...
- IWC Schaffhausen Portugieser Chronograph Rattrapan...
- A. Lange & Söhne SAXONIA AUTOMATIC Terra Brown Dia...
- Bremont DH-88 Comet Limited Edition Chronometer
- Junghans Meister Driver Handaufzug
- Finn Watches - The Causeway and Fingal’s Cave
- ZANNETTI will exhibit at Singapore International J...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maîtres du Temps
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two Tonneau Classique
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Two TCR– Big Date Instant...
- Maîtres du Temps Chapter Three Midnight Blue
- Oris Big Crown ProPilot Day Date
- Oris’s Eagerly Awaited Big Crown Propilot Calibre ...
- Rado True Taipei Limited Edition
- Rado Opens Second Mono-Brand Boutique in Switzerla...
- Arnold & Son Instrument Collection - Métiers d’Art...
- IWC Schaffhausen Supports School for Underprivileg...
- Ulysse Nardin Skeleton Tourbillon “Pearl” Limited ...
- Ulysse Nardin Diver Black Sea
- SCURO Model S Titanium Scuba Watch
- SINN watches (Models 103 Ti IFR, 103 Ti UTC IFR an...
- Patrick Dempsey Joins Tag Heuer at the Goodwood Fe...
- SWISS KOO JOO JOO, THE CLAUDE MEYLAN FRAME
- Claude Meylan Rainbow Collection - Tortue Black & ...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster Chronograph Skeleton (CH-90...
- Chronoswiss Timemaster 150 (CH-2735)
- EBEL Wave Blue Lady and Gent
- EBEL Wave Grande Duo Set
- EBEL Wave Lady Automatic
- PRODUCT GALLERY : DELACOUR WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : A LANGE & SOHNE
- Namfleg Watches - Introduction
- Mavrik Watch Company - Nereus V Dive Watch
- Helfer Watches – Introduction
- BURAN STINGRAY
- RESSENCE Watches – Introduction
- RESSENCE TYPE 5
- RESSENCE TYPE 3 New Version (TYPE 3N, Blue Dial)
- RESSENCE TYPE 1
- 88 Rue Du Rhone “1820 Old Glory” (Double 8 Origin ...
- GEOVANI Catherine
- Antoine Preziuso Chronometer Tourbillon of Tourbil...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANTOINE PREZIUSO
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Andersen Geneve
- Goldgena Project - Introduction
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREGUET
- Frederique Constant Runabout Riva Historical Socie...
- Junghans - max bill by junghans, New Versions
- Junghans Meister Pilot
- CVSTOS CHRONO II BRAZIL LIMITED EDITION
- An F.P.Journe Centigraphe Souverain Unique Piece S...
- Luminox Dress Field Series 1830, 42mm
- Visconti New Scuba Camouflage Watch
- Luminox F-117 Nighthawk™ GMT 6420 Series
- IWC Schaffhausen - Ingenieur Chronograph Edition “...
- HUBLOT Big Bang Pop Art “One-Click”
- Bell & Ross Vintage BR Aéronavale: The Naval Air F...
- H. Moser & Cie. Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club Limi...
- Oris Artelier Calibre 111 - New Model in a Silvere...
- Oris Artix GT Chronograph (New, Redesigned Version...
- ARCHIMEDE DeckWatch with Bronze case
- R&D Geneve Great Ocean Road Worldtime Collection
- R&D Geneve Pan American Chronograph Collection
- R&D Geneve Pikes Peak Tourbillon
- Schwarz Etienne La Chaux-de-Fonds Tourbillon TSE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ARMIN STROM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ANGULAR MOMENTUM
- PRODUCT GALLERY : ZENITH WATCHES
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 SVRA Special E...
- Zenith El Primero Chronomaster 1969 Cohiba Edition...
- Zenith Pilot North America Special Editions - Pilo...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BACKES & STRAUSS
- PRODUCT GALLERY : AEROWATCH
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Emile Chouriet
- ArloMouN Bold Classic Limited Edition
- Wristlet by Tsevt - Handmade Bronze Watch
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Girard-Perregaux
- PRODUCT GALLERY : HYSEK WATCHES
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Fendi Luxury Watches
- PRODUCT GALLERY : CUERVO Y SOBRINOS
- 4N SAPPHIRE PLANET
- BURAN Flagman Automatic Chronograph Collection
- PRODUCT GALLERY : F.P.JOURNE
- PRODUCT GALLERY : BREITLING
- PRODUCT GALLERY : LONGINES
- PRODUCT GALLERY: HYT WATCHES
- Vacheron Constantin Celebrates the Worldwide Launc...
- Alpina Startimer Camouflage Pilot Big Date Chronog...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Nautische Instrumente Mühle-Gla...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : MECCANICHE VELOCI
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Maximilian Büsser & Friends
- PRODUCT GALLERY: MANUFACTURE ROYALE WATCHES
- Hublot Big Bang Unico Usain Bolt 2016 Edition- Big...
- Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Limit...
- Pierre DeRoche TNT Royal Retro Skull Limited Editi...
- Armin Strom Max Chilton Edition Edge Double Barrel...
- CJR Watches AIRSPEED: The First Curved Regulator W...
- Seiko Opens First Exclusive Boutique in Saudi Arab...
- PRODUCT GALLERY : Dubey & Schaldenbrand Watches
- ▼ June 2016 (169)
- ► 2015 (1717)
- ► 2014 (2437)
- ► 2013 (1671)
- ► 2012 (1319)
- ► 2011 (877)
- ► 2010 (1425)
- ► 2009 (2066)
- ► 2008 (517)